AC Thursday BOP testing-Britcar/VLN/NLS style event

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Shed 17

Staff
Premium
I would appreciate your help!

Screenshot_mini_jcw_challenge_mugello_23-3-124-20-58-5.jpg

There have been some discussions about the possibility of a ‘Britcar/NLS /VLN' type of race with several different makes/models of cars with different drive train layouts. Now to make this viable we need lots of drivers so if you are interested in this we need your help in testing and selecting the cars to use and to know if you would be interested in competing in a race or series of races, probably on a Thursday.

Server 7 has been set up with a large selection of possible contenders. Some are very fast and some are slow in comparison but we can always apply some BOP once we have narrowed the final selection down.

The cars listed here are all available either as a Stock or DLC Kunos car or on the Overtake download site. We can add or remove cars if there is enough interest so this is not definitive in any way, just a starting point for discussion.

So if you have a bit of time, jump in a car or two and record some laps so I can gather some data, and also leave any constructive feedback on the cars or how the could be grouped into classes. I have done some quick tests and the difference from the fastest to the slowest is approximately 20 seconds a lap at Mugello, chosen for its long straight and selection of corners. This was on the default setting with 30 litres of fuel and no tyre pressure adjustments.

I would suggest that the final car list is no more than 12 models with 4 groups maximum.

Make​
Model​
kg/hp​
Drive​
Kunos​
Audi​
TT RS VLN​
2.87​
FWD​
Yes​
Audi​
TT Cup​
3.62​
FWD​
Yes​
BMW​
M3 E30 DTM​
2.7​
RWD​
Yes​
BMW​
235i​
4.27​
RWD​
Yes​
Caterham​
420R​
3.34​
RWD​
No​
Cupra​
Comp 2022​
3.62​
FWD​
No​
Cupra​
TCR-DSG-2018​
3.56​
FWD​
No​
Cupra​
Eurocup​
3.62​
FWD​
No​
Fiat​
Tipo Competizione​
3.34​
FWD​
No​
Ford​
Fiesta WRC 2015​
4.53​
AWD​
No​
Honda​
Civic Type R Cup​
5.2​
FWD​
No​
KTM​
X-Bow​
2.65​
RWD​
Yes​
Lada​
Vesta Touring​
3.74​
FWD​
No​
Lada​
Granta Cup​
4.6​
FWD​
No​
Lotus​
Evora GX​
3.3​
RWD​
Yes​
Mercedes​
190 DTM​
2.64​
RWD​
Yes​
Mini​
Cooper JCW​
4.09​
FWD​
No​
Porsche​
Cayman Clubsport​
3.37​
RWD​
Praga​
R1​
2.78​
RWD​
Yes​
Renault​
Clio RS Cup​
5​
FWD​
No​
Initially, I looked at the power to weight ratio but as we know, that does not tell the whole story in a car's performance. aero, suspensions and braking all add to an overall package so the lowest kg/hp car is not necessary the quickest over a lap.

The non-Kunos cars can be downloaded here;

Link to server:
Thursday BOP testing / Server 7 (racedepartment.com)

The track: Mugello 34 pit OSRW version | OverTake (Formerly RaceDepartment)

I know this will create a lot of debate on the speed differences in multi-class racing and the idea might be a non starter altogether, but nothing ventured, nothing gained! I'll leave the testing running and will change cars around as we progress.
If you have any suggestions for cars (available on OT) just let me know here in this forum.

Have fun!

Hmm, not sure John, I have just tested it and it loaded OK.
It's a straight OT download, have you tried unzipping it and then loading the actual folder?

Hmm, not sure John, I have just tested it and it loaded OK.
It's a straight OT download, have you tried unzipping it and then loading the actual folder?

Ah! That did it, thanks :thumbsup:

Your input would be invaluable Ernie, I have tried them all and they all have different characteristics but I found them manageable after a few laps.
You don't have to drive them all, it's just to get some feedback on how to group them.
I have an idea but drivers with your expertise and experience might throw up something I have overlooked with this initial list.
Give it a go mate, they will be there for some time, no hurry.

In my opinion this task is way too big to handle.

Even if the practice server is open for all (and advertised aggressively) this multitude of cars will take ages to accumulate valid test data. Think of every car driven by at least ten people ranging from Fulvio over Han to a perfect newb. That of course doesn´t account for BOP (which has to be adjusted for every track)

Say you have a grid running ( after several hundred man hours testing) we´ll probably not getting N24 grid sizes, so "exciting racing" with seven car classes with one to three participants each :( .

In my opinion this should boil down to three very different cars representing their classes, so no hassle with BOP.
And then we you´ll have to see if there will be enough participants per class to make it interesting.

At this point I will not participate in this trial run because I´m really fed up with having ruined my races by bone headed moves time and time again. It´s actually more relaxing for me to race on public servers, at least you know what to expect. (and I´m involved in less crashes there)

There is a lot of sense in what Carsten says, I enjoy racing the Mazdas in our mixed class. But I try not to cause them any problems. If there is an overtake, I go for it. But I hope?? I do not push anything.
I see them as a class within a race, never a
place in the field I need to fight for.
If I finish tenth in the Abarth and finish in front of some Abath’s and Suzuki’s, that is my finishing place for me.

So I assume the above would be with the same attitude. After all in the end we are mostly gentleman racers on this forum.
So if you get them to be reasonably equal you should end up with a race that caters for everyone.

Just a bit of advice Carsten, although I know you do not need it, especially at this moment in time. :O_o:
I have been though what you are going though, eventually I re adjusted my attitude and what followed was a lot less collisions, less expectations, better awareness of what to do to keep on the track and generally better frame of mind to rationally deal with circumstances as they unfold in front of you.

Expect the worse and hope for the best.

It still happens to me, but I deal with it in a much calmer way. Not perfection, just in a more relaxed way that gives your mind time to sort it all out rationally and generally make the right decision.

Now if it really goes wrong…
I say, am I enjoying racing this car, do I enjoy this track, is there a very small chance I can fiight my way back into this race.

If it is No, I give up, pour myself a beer and watch TV

If it is a Yes, I carry on.

To whom it may concern.

Thanks Ernie for your perspective.

I can do what you propose on the public servers where I expect people to be stupid.

On our private servers we expect cameradery and hard, but FAIR racing.

If one driver just doesn't give a :poop: to prepare and take the steps to not annoy his fellow drivers (like learning braking points and adjust them when someone is infront of him this really spoils my race.

The race director I informed (and who ran afoul of said driver too) didn´t want to put his foot down and make order again.

As I lack the capabilities to file official reports it´s by by RaceDepartment for me.

Thanks Ernie for your perspective.

I can do what you propose on the public servers where I expect people to be stupid.

On our private servers we expect cameradery and hard, but FAIR racing.

If one driver just doesn't give a :poop: to prepare and take the steps to not annoy his fellow drivers (like learning braking points and adjust them when someone is infront of him this really spoils my race.

The race director I informed (and who ran afoul of said driver too) didn´t want to put his foot down and make order again.

As I lack the capabilities to file official reports it´s by by RaceDepartment for me.
he tried to avoid you, he just locked his brakes which atleast a 90% did at t1 atleast x1 . now he was in a battle with John and probably thats why of the late braking . both John and Kimi missed t1 braking zone and i also did while watching the show infront of me :roflmao: so atleast 3 players behind you missed t1 in the same lap was just an unlucky situation for you .

I seem to have a lot of "bad luck" with this driver, because he did the same thing to me on several occasions and more to others.

But the solution was found, you can have all my luck with him.

I seem to have a lot of "bad luck" with this driver, because he did the same thing to me on several occasions and more to others.

But the solution was found, you can have all my luck with him.
I´m sorry what happend to you Carsten and, YES, this time it was 99,99% my fault. I waited you like racing code says and thats all what I´ve say to this matter. I´m not sure is it really necessary post so many complains your bad luck in public forum than PM me instead.

P.S. It´s 99,99% because we touched with John and I lost control after that. Hope you can learn how to deal better some dissapointments in your life ´cause it really can make your living easier on and especially off the track.... Hope to see you in next race.

Last edited:
I have pm'd you last time and you told me to pound sand.
Since then your ontrack behaviour and car control has not improved.

But you're right I'll deal with it and leave R.D.

Guys, this should never have reached this point but time to put it to bed now and move on, also this thread is new and nothing to do with the race in question. I totally get the frustrations and emotions going on and we have all been there and done that.

As pointed out in the race thread, there is a formal process for sorting out any disputes or driving behaviour rather than in public and the procedure is there for good reasons.

Hopefully all concerned can reflect on the rights and wrongs and be better prepared next time.

Unfortunately I can't really do thursday races most weeks, but I will absolutely hop on the server at some point and put down some times :thumbsup:. Lesser known multiclass series are always fun (and the praga doens't get enough use in AC imho :) )

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 78 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 55 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 59 22.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 17 6.4%