Thursday 19th November 2009 - Rally Australian Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Andrew Evans

i've updated the installation thread with the link to update 11... doesn't matter whether you get it for this event or not, since it's not mandatory and doesn't affect anything we're running... but you'll need it for the future (2 new cars).... :thumb:

• Aaron Cloutier

Just finished my run. Worked great tonight, no problems.

Overall I had a great race. Slipped over a bank on the first stage and needed a CFH but otherwise had a flawless race. Not sure where I'll end up speed wise but most of my race was clean and consistent. Had a lot of fun too. Thanks Andrew!

I've just returned home from my looong trip, so I'll have a go at this one. I'm not really in any fit state to drive, but we need to boost the Aussie numbers since it is an Aussie Rally. I'll just be making up the numbers though.

Warren Dawes (WAD53) Oceania zone.

I'll be missing this one (AFREAKINGGAIN)... Work is still killing me. Hopefully next week as long as it isn't Thursday (WORK FREAKING COMMITMENTS!!!!)

Where is the 'vein popping out of my forehead' smilie?

Sorry Andrew.

I think Cam is FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

God. Home event for us Aussies and I reckon we've struggled.
Oh well. FWD + gravel = lots of hand braking. :in-love:

Ah well..

Thanks Andrew for setting it up. Was good to get back in the slidey slidey seat.

Oh and thanks to Warren for showing up at the last minute, making sure I had someone to talk to between stages!

First up, it was good to be back and driving again, well what I did tonight wasn't really driving. Even by the very low expectations I had, I was waaaaay worse than that. Had no chance to test any cars, so grabbed the VW at random, but I couldn't seem to get any speed or handling out of it, probably my lousy driving though. One thing I found was that it sure is tough. I rolled it many times, slammed it into trees, even flew over the Mineshaft terror jump into a concrete block on the last stage, but I couldn't kill that VW.

Glenn seemed to go OK, but I couldn't provide a descent benchmark to see how good he went. Thanks for the TS chatting Glenn, it was good to have some company.
Thanks to Andrew for setting it up, nice to drive the local Aussie stages.

• Andrew Evans

eu dudes....

session for tonight has daylight on ss8.
i messed it up rushing this morning and rallyesim can only delete the session, not edit it :(

anyhoo, i should be home in time to whack up a replacement. but if not, we'll just drop the stage from the event

• Andrew Evans

eu session is sorted, back earlier than i thought :thumb:

nuno, i take it i got the right id? if not, let me know...

Sign me up if its not too late: Daniel Hansson (dandiha)

Thursday night is the perfect time for me to get out into the wilderness in a rally car. Hope to see more events like this.

ps: why havn't anyone used this smiley yet? :aus: :bounce:
(not from there)

Come on baby light my fire!

Note to self:
must miss those trees! must miss those trees! must miss those trees! must miss those trees! must miss those trees! must miss those trees! must miss those trees! must miss those trees! must miss those trees! must miss those trees! must miss those trees! must miss those trees! must miss those trees! must miss those trees! must miss those trees! must miss those trees! must miss those trees! must miss those trees! must miss those trees! must miss those trees!

All I will say is
didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees! didn't miss those trees!
Thanks for another great rally :thumb:

• Andrew Evans

that was pretty epic stuff, for me, filled with a couple of mistakes to make it less shiny... :shakeyfistman:

reckon i won a couple of stages though - but that usually turns out to be false once all sessions are combined :D

still, no retirements for a refreshing change... this driving in the dark lark isn't as hard as it was rumoured... :becky:

cheers to all who came out - results up in a bit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes