The W.I.P Thread

well, I always use the 2048 x 1152
But the main problems is I don't know what setting should I put to make the car looks as realistic as possible (like contrast, height...etc)
I don't usually mock around with those. I only care about the refrection index, environment brightness,contrast and the placement of the cars.

Hey guys! This is going to be my first mod for F1 2013. Well, the texture looks different than the 2011 ones.
untitled.52_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

W.I.P. Monster Energy Renault Racing
Although the whole idea came from Ken Block's 2009 car:)
With 2013 numbers, driver names so that you can use this teampack online too without any necessarry changes in language file, database.
and after seeing ML's old Ken Block car for f1 2012 I thought I would make something similar.
Couldn't do it how I wanted thanks to the mirroring but still satisfied with the result.
Despite the skinning restrictions I think it looks good. This will be a full teampack. Will replace Redbull. Next will be the driver suits. :sneaky:
zn6f6s.jpg

25piki1.jpg

24kz1h4.jpg
All is nice, but I think that Ford or Subaru logo will be better than Renault ;)

Hm, one question to you guys: I wonder if I shall modify my raceload this way that high will always be loaded, no more low textures. I've changed it currently so the tyres and cars will be shown in good quali (similar to vlasovlas' highLOD mod but working for DLC, too) but ofc I can change that for the liveries and helmets (gen & tex), too.

Should I make two versions or would you say only one so high will always be loaded?

Edit: Hm, there's still some issue left, two generics won't load highLOD tyres from DLC, I wonder why.

Tze, forget about it. It seems the force loading of high does not work in replay when the car is farther than 10m from the camerazoom. I don't understand this logic.

Last edited:
hm as vlasovas asked me about it I like to hear some response from you guys, too
He asked me whether one could edit cameras.xml for 90's cars. I say:
- Yes, I can make it possible BUT one would have to take an 80's cameras.xml file and try and error around for a new 90's camera mod.

If anyone really is interested in doing so, I will be gladly edit my raceload.jpk again so one could do so.

[I post it here 'cause it's more W.I.P. than a request or question, haha]

Edit: Ah yeah, same goes for materials.xml if anyone likes to make unique 90's cars.

Edit²: Or maybe not, no success yet and the cameras.xml isn't loaded by raceload.jpk by default.

Edit³: materials.xml is working, now I need to find a way to implement the cameras.xml ...

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 161052

Fictional Subaru Livery 2014 version...
Subaru McLaren Mercedes 2014 Version.PNG

...inspired by this car...
027.jpg

Attachments

• Subaru McLaren Mercedes 2014 Version.PNG
    Subaru McLaren Mercedes 2014 Version.PNG
    543.7 KB · Views: 284
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News