The rFactor 2 MUST-HAVE list

Hi. Seen that rFactor2 official content can be not enough or not fit for everybody I would like that everyone post some car and or tracks so newbies like me (bought this on Sunday, 3 hours of gameplay aka tweaking) can see which content already exists and is optimized enough to download and give it a try!

Gonna keep the OP updated with the mods commented if you post download links (and are legal of course) to make it easier for everybody to find out!

I thought there was more valuable content than it is with the default steam install. I still haven't try it all so for me it's still soon to start the modding fest!

rf2 on steam is just one week. Now every day comes something new to steam or racedepartment.

Just do a 5 lap race on each car/track combo. This will take ...

The real thing is not just jumping every day something new, the real thing is to master it.
Try to master 5 clean laps with the BT-20 and the green hell without any helpers (ABS, track control etc)

Rfactor2 exists since few years ago, and so does mods.

I don't like jumping from combo to combo, simply people can't hate or love some of the content/mod but if you don't know that it already exists (but you would love if it did) you are losing good content for yourself that maybe doesn't come with the original package.

And some may find fun in jumping from car to car. There may be some that find fun in hotlapping as I, for example, do. It's just a matter of tastes, and knowing that some mods exists may help some people to buy the game or spend more time in it, which at the end of the day benefits all of us simracers.

Right now for me it's the blancpain endurance series at mosport I love although I have just seen you have released Atlantic Road @Bela Valko... Which cars were using on that YouTube video of this track.?

Last night I had a quick spin at COTA which was fantastic. I just love this game!

Hi. As i am new to rf2 (become curious through LMU) i must awaken this thread.

Which cars are "must have" right now? workshop or paid content. TiA
Porche 992 Cup GT3(not the GT3 variant) Any of the LMP3(no aids) Mini Cooper(retro)
Sebring(will be interesting to contrast with the LMU version) ((Does either have the Palm Tree Tavern around Turn 5ish?)) I like the long older tracks like Loch Drummond, Spa 66 etc.

Hi. As i am new to rf2 (become curious through LMU) i must awaken this thread.

Which cars are "must have" right now? workshop or paid content. TiA
both I suggest. store: Dallara-indycar, GTE, GT3, Daytona, Sebring,LongBeach, LeMans,Monza. Workshop: Formula Hybrid-22, Porsche & Ferrari Hypercars, Alpine, FVR V8 2021, Mount Panorama, F1 1988 and tracks, and lots other on ISR.com or Simracinghub (Yas Marina).

Last edited:
both I suggest. store: Dallara-indycar, GTE, GT3, Daytona, Sebring,LongBeach, LeMans,Monza. Workshop: Formula Hybrid-22, Porsche & Ferrari Hypercars, Alpine, FVR V8 2021, Mount Panorama, F1 1988 and tracks, and lots other on ISR.com or Simracinghub (Yas Marina).
Bathurst, I forgot about Mike Cantrell's 1985 Bathurst. That layout was prior to the addition of the kink(the Chase) on the long long back straight(Conrod Straight).

What about modern BTCC every YouTube is/was talking about ?

Before i buy some of the store stuff i wanted test some of the free Studio397 content.
So far so good, but is it normal the free stuff looks that awful ? Is the paid content visualy eqal to LMU or much worse?

Don´t ger me wrong the visuals are not everything, but those free conten felt like back to rF1 days :confused:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea