F1 2010 Steering Wheels (Help Needed)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Was tempted to purchase a Madcatz Racing Wheel today (Wireless not MC2, not in stock) for the 360, when i realised how little i knew about the difference between the two.

If i purchase it it will be used for F1 but also Shift 2 Unleashed on it's arrival.

After looking at reviews, videos and prices on the internet i still don't really know which one to get.

I play F1 on Legend difficulty both On and Offline and have gotten used to adding progressive throttle using the triggers so will my technique improve using a wheel? The pedal design on both wheels is pretty different, the wireless version has nothing behind the pedals where as the MC2 pushes onto its mount. From speaking to some people they prefer the MC2 pedals as it allows more precise control of throttle and brake? Can i get some opinions?

I also prefer to play the game sitting cross legged on the floor infront of the screen (Kiddy Style) but am willing to pull up a desk, so which wheel is better for sitting? I know the MC2 is moulded to be used on the lap but the Madcatz wireless has the table mount. Again, opinions on which is easier to use, i know this is down to the person but personal experiences would be great.

Hope you guys can assist me!

Cheers
Sam

Steering Wheel

I bought a Madcatz MC2 on ebay for UK£15. It works well and at that price good value.
Throttle control and braking is nice and progressive. The wheel is smalliish but even with my large hands its just fine. (F1 wheels aren't big either).

I would highly recommend searching for a new or used Microsoft wheel on ebay. I bought the Madcatz wireless wheel but I found it pretty bad so I had to spend even more money getting a Microsoft wheel. Without force feedback or even basic vibration on the Madcatz wheel you have no feeling of the car.

There's also the logitech DriveFX which has axial force feedback. I use it for F1 2010 and Forza 3, although the feedback works much better with forza, after a bit of tweaking for F1 2010 it holds up really well. I think I bought mine on eBay for about £30 and for that price it was a bargain.

I have the same wheel & in F1 2010 it worked fine no problems but their are issues with it in F1 2011 cause in certain corners the car does not turn in as it should do. I even tried the settings from F1 2010 for the wheel but that didn't work as it was to twitchy.

Was tempted to purchase a Madcatz Racing Wheel today (Wireless not MC2, not in stock) for the 360, when i realised how little i knew about the difference between the two.

If i purchase it it will be used for F1 but also Shift 2 Unleashed on it's arrival.

After looking at reviews, videos and prices on the internet i still don't really know which one to get.

I play F1 on Legend difficulty both On and Offline and have gotten used to adding progressive throttle using the triggers so will my technique improve using a wheel? The pedal design on both wheels is pretty different, the wireless version has nothing behind the pedals where as the MC2 pushes onto its mount. From speaking to some people they prefer the MC2 pedals as it allows more precise control of throttle and brake? Can i get some opinions?

I also prefer to play the game sitting cross legged on the floor infront of the screen (Kiddy Style) but am willing to pull up a desk, so which wheel is better for sitting? I know the MC2 is moulded to be used on the lap but the Madcatz wireless has the table mount. Again, opinions on which is easier to use, i know this is down to the person but personal experiences would be great.

Hope you guys can assist me!

Cheers
Sam

Well Mad Catz is one of the worst wheels out there. But then how serious of a wheel do you want? how serious of a player are you? Given the choice between Mad Catz or Microsoft, i would go with the Microsoft any day over a Mad Catz wheel but if a budget is not in mind would you consider a Fanatec wheel?

• Richard Lovewell

MS wheel is waaaay better than Madcatz. Such a shame MS stopped making it - pushing the second-hand price up to something silly - but still worth the additional spend.

Anybody know why MS stopped making the wheel? It seems bizarre if you want to sell racing games to make getting a decent wheel for your console such a pain.

MS wheel is waaaay better than Madcatz. Such a shame MS stopped making it - pushing the second-hand price up to something silly - but still worth the additional spend.

Anybody know why MS stopped making the wheel? It seems bizarre if you want to sell racing games to make getting a decent wheel for your console such a pain.[/QUOTE I ]could not agree more! MS was/is a GREAT wheel and especially the price. Best wheel EVER for the money. I love it and i have a Fanatec GT2. I own 3 MS wheels. One for sale on this site. MC is crap...compared. I dont kmow why the MS bashers.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 90 35.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 65 25.8%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 51 20.2%
  • Watch party

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 4 1.6%