Sparco Circuit VTR vs NRG Prisma

Someone local is selling a used Sparco Circuit VTR for $250. Is it any good. How does it compare to a NRG Prisma ($360) in term of comfort and quality?
I could not find much about it online
thanks.
739A7C41-7085-40C1-B1CB-7C26F92FED69.jpeg

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken, the Ciruit may run narrow--be sure to have a test fit before plunking down your $.

I just bought a used Recaro Pole Position which I knew from posted dimensions would fit my waist but I really should have sat in it to very torso fit.

A) Make sure you are able to plant your posterior firmly against the back of the seat.

B) Do the "wings" of the seat allow you to recline without crowding your shoulders.

C) If you ever might want to add a seatbelt harness or a belt tensioner, check whether the upper harness openings are even with or above the tops of your shoulders. I have a long torso and my belt openings would never allow me to use my seat for on track use.

Pro Circuit:

1) Sparco name reconition and quality definitely trumps NRG. The Circuit is an FIA-certified seat for competiton. The Prisma does not carry FIA-certification.

2) Sparco cushions are available to customize your fit and comfort. I have even found a source for new Sparco seat covers based in Chicago.

3) $110 savings! $250 is a steal compared to many of the good condition Circuits I have seen with asking prices closer to $50].

4) If you have buyer's regret, you should be able to recoup the price paid. I would have bought that Cirsuit and saved $250 if I had found it nearby two weeks ago!

Pro Prisma;

1) It's always nice to buy something new.

2) The metalflake on the Prisma is subtle and cool in my opinion, but then I have been around glittery bass voats all my life.

3) Barry of the Sim Racing Garage and RD's RC/Heliguy speak highly of the NRG Prisma/Ultra.

Upvote 0
I have a Sparco Rev on my rig, and my only complaint is the material used. It looks super cheap and gathers dust and particles like crazy, looks like Circuit has the same fabric.
NRG is wraped in suede like material, I'm pretty sure it's going to be less of a hassle to clean up. There are also few nice unique colors to choose from, and the glitter on the back looks cool imo.

Upvote 0
In an unexpected development my seat came today however they shipped me two rather than one. I have verified that I have only been billed for one. Suppose I should reach out to the vendor.

Upvote 0
Bought a Prisma about a month ago and I love it. The sparkle flake is eye-catching and gives the rig a bit of color and life, plus the various color options are a nice bonus. Comfort is great. Hard to find complaints.

Upvote 0
I have only raced in my new NRG seat a handful of times so far. I have had a great experience to this point however. It offers great support under my legs and provides very rigit support to my lower back which is very important to me. I only run my brakes at about 40kilo but I definitely notice a huge jump in support vs my old dx racer.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea