some more tracks

I have the basic version of AMS2 and it is great in many ways ... but I'd like to have some extra tracks, some of these old style tracks like the old Hockenheim or old Spa.

Now, they're all in Steam but I have a technical issue at the moment for buying in Steam, so my question is: which other place is the best for buying these DLC tracks ? It doesn't need to be the cheapest, but it needs to be simple.
Thanks

Hi Tony.
I don't know of any other platform where AMS2 is available, and even if I did, I don't think it's possible to install across platforms. AMS2 is linked to Steam.
Another platform wouldn't know this and even if you somehow manage to get the DLCs to know where AMS2 is by hand, the DLCs are not registered in Steam and therefore do not exist.
You don't buy any real data, just a code that unlocks the race tracks or cars in the main game.
Steam “sends” this code to AMS2 with a SteamID and the DLC is already there.
That's pretty much how it works.
An IT nerd could probably explain this to you a little better than me.

That is correct but you can buy Steam keys on many, many places. So you buy them anywhere, and install them in Steam, indeedy

That's an option as well but it's more a question of which site is actually offering these specific key. The place where I bought the base game, only has the base game itself. They just don't offer the DLC. Other sites, they advertise that DLC, but they have no keys available.

It's apparent that Steam has made it such so that they always have these keys, while other sites struggle to get them. Or, that is how I see that. Same for season passes (which are really expensive), they just aren't available. Still, they're expensive just because of the idea I actually want only 10% of the content of it, but even these you can't just buy. The weird thing is that it's just easier to create keys (as opposed to press DVD's), but yet you can't get any.

The only DLC steam key I've managed to find, is the Nurburgring Pack and to be honest, that's almost the same price that steam are asking for it.
Your best option might be to wait until the next steam sale, when hopefully, you might be able to get the tracks that you want at a reasonable price.
Hope you eventually find what you are looking for.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.