Smoke from overheated brakes (Particles FX) no longer working

Hi all!

It seems that smoke from overheated brakes (Particles FX) is no longer working with CSP since v0.1.76. I tested all preview and normal versions. I already wrote the developer Ilja Jusupov at Patreon, but unfortunately he doesn't answer. Note: Not all cars support brake temperature, the Kunos Lotus 72D e.g. does. If the brakes are overheated (about 700 degrees, can be viewed with Sidekick) and you stop the car, you will see the smoke coming out of the brakes (as long as an older version like CSP v0.1.77 is used).

Am I the only one who has noticed this so far? Can someone please confirm this? I thought it looked great, it's a shame it doesn't work anymore.

I'm also having this issue (CSP v0.2.2). I can see smoke with Particles FX disabled, but not when it's active . I don't know if this is just a config issue, although I have reset all of the settings for Particles FX. It's odd that this hasn't been fixed for over a year and a half by now.

Any updates on this?

Update! I just realised my mistake. Set the road temperature higher. My road temperature was set to 5 degrees Celsius, which is why I couldn't see any smoke.

Nvm, this only works on v0.1.79. When I upgraded to fix other mods (sol, rain fx, etc) the smoke stopped working again. Now all I know is that v0.1.79 is the latest version where the smoke from particles fx works. Perhaps one of the mods I have installed is the culprit, which could explain why the smoke works in a game version that breaks a lot of mods.

I'm still looking for a solution then, if anyone else can figure it out. :(

Update!
I just discovered that I can see smoke in later versions, but only in my mirrors.
This is, the virtual mirror when you press f11 and the mirrors visible in the car in driver view.
It's not exclusive to first person, as I still can't see the smoke in first person if I do donuts. So pretty much the smoke is always invisible except when you look at it through a mirror.

I hope this helps, if anyone knows how to diagnose my issue.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.