S19 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm up for any changes we want as long as we can mostly agree on it.

Whats your thoughts on how it will affect the racing in s19 Peter?

I think that would make the first race more of what it's meant to be - a fun intense short race with lots of overtakes and the second race more of serious simulation of a longer real race based on actual Q performance.

My idea is:
Reverse the Qualify results for R1 (maybe just half grid)
Use the ordinary Qualify results for R2

Agree or disagree and comments please :)

A lot of things to comment:

First, as David suggested, let's have another fun race! I would vote for the Clio Cup this time :D

I like the idea of inverting the grid for the sprint race and not the feature one. We could do like in the real Formula 2, having the feature race first and then the sprint race with feature race's top ten inverted.

Another important thing is league visibilty. We could write in S397 forum and in the discord channel as well. We may get some new drivers by doing that :)

Edit: @David Turnbull, I just see you were asking for a decent Baku version in the calender thread. If you still have the link to the track list I sent you by PM last year, there you find the best versions for each track in the calender of S19. That version of Baku is quite decent, with all the elevation changes and buildings.

Last edited:
Excellent :) looks like we will be going to Baku then.

I always advertise the league in NoGrip racing and S397 forum, dont think we ever get anyone coming from these places but everyone can advertise us where they like as long as it doesn't cause any trouble with the sites or admin where you post it up, but please nobody advertise us on RD outwith this section as I've mentioned before we are NOT premium league and its unfair to advertise our free league when RD run club races and their own leagues that people have to be premium to enter.

Regards your idea about swapping round the races I dunno if that would be a good idea, I look at the sprint race as a type of warmup to the main feature race, if we were to do the longer race first it may mean that people won't hang around for race 2. i.e if someone crashes early in the first race will they wait 50 minutes to rejoin in race 2.....

Yeah reversing the grid for the sprint race should be better, usally in the feature the fast guys get to the front before the pitstops if nothing goes wrong. Also gives the slower drivers a chance to actually keep their good starting position.

Maybe we should reverse all drivers except for the slowest 5 or so. Just to avoid people being a bit scared starting on the front row, being the slowest cars in quali. Might avoid a few accidents too.

And yeah 50 minutes is kind of a long wait :laugh:

After the experience of the last season, I have to say that I can`t race for a while. As I have said before, as long as my hardware allows me to race, I will. My PC is getting older every day, and it shows. My graphics card doesn`t support DX11, so I have to go with DX9, and I have all the settings on low just to be able to race. This helps a bit with the fps, but even so they are not stable, and dropping frames just before a corner or something like that is unsettling... Also, having almost no detail of the circuit, means there are corners where I don`t have a single possible refference point to pick for my breaking. This means a lot of inconsistency. And inconsistency drains all the fun out of racing.

So, until I`ll have a proper PC I will not be able to race anymore. Sorry... I`ll keep an eye on the forums though.

PrestoGP revealed the new chassis for season 19
S19-1.JPG

first test and impressions
our tester have say : ok we got a good safety but i miss the speed and we have too understeer
S19-2.JPG

Good Season guys:D

can i ask a favour guys..... if anyone has any of my setups from last season could they please send me them or upload to mediafire for me, due to a recent reformat and a lack of backing up ive lost everything i had accumulated over the years with rf2 :( it would be greatly appreciated if possible :)

I've looked through the setup threads and for some reason I hardly posted any last season, I was mainly hoping for ones I'd sent on the server but I understand that they will be named diffrent so be hard to pick out which ones :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 41 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 27 17.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.2%