Ryzen AM5 ; 7000

I left my pc on from Friday to Monday and forgot about it fs. Terrified to check ffs
Didn’t even use it til last night to screen shot something then read about this today. Msi and as rock afffected too. Basically check if your bios has been removed on yer mobo website I assume

Last edited:
If you want to be 99,99% safe:
Save your bios profile (and take photos), then reset the bios and load absolutely nothing.

Restart and take pictures of all voltages.
Then go into Windows, start ryzen Master and take a screen shot.

If you want to be even more safe, run hwinfo64 (sensors only) and take Screenshots of all the voltages there too.

Then load xmp, pbo etc., take pictures, Screenshots etc and then compare the voltages.

With some early Asus bios, you could get 1.4V SoC instead of 1.2V.

If you want, post the ryzen Master screenshot in here and we can compare the voltages :)
Ryzen Master always looks identical, so it's the easiest way to quickly compare stuff.

Here's mine:

RyzenMaster_25thApril23.jpg

Last edited:
Btw guys that wasn't a "check your ryzen Master against mine, offline".
I'd really like to see your settings too to be sure mine are fine :roflmao::whistling:

Although I did compare them to full default and against Igor's lab's sweetspot settings.
But maybe my defaults are off and Igor pushed some voltages...

Btw guys that wasn't a "check your ryzen Master against mine, offline".
I'd really like to see your settings too to be sure mine are fine :roflmao::whistling:

Although I did compare them to full default and against Igor's lab's sweetspot settings.
But maybe my defaults are off and Igor pushed some voltages...
Wtf at the file sizes allowed now, i had to compress this to get a 1.5mb file to such a small size, what u thinking? this is unchanged with all my bios tweaks still on but im thinking i limit the soc im ok or should we reallu un expo for now too? @RasmusP

Attachments

• rasmutP(1).jpg
    rasmutP(1).jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 31
It may take a short while to implement and roll out across the various boards. Usually the manufacturers top boards, crosshair - taichi etc, will come out first then trickle down the stack.

Last edited:
As rock steel legend x670e so it’s a popular enough choice going by Reddit

Edit after many refreshes 1.21 is there now

Edit again I have my before and after photos with new bios but I can’t seem to compress them enough to be uploaded here

Last edited:
image 1 is new bios no changes and second one is with my bios changed. i have rotaated my monitor which made that very hard to change the bios lol, but today i am going to unrotate it and go thro all my voltages manually,

Attachments

• 1.21unchanged.jpg
    1.21unchanged.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 1.21bioschanges.jpg
    1.21bioschanges.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 39
Using a Gigabyte B650 and 7600X with EXPO enabled on the ram but no other tweaks such as PBO.

Could I be affected? I only recently updated my bios and it was a bit of a pain.

Last edited:
I hope this is useful, most of the info is alien to me, I just use them to monitor temps and frequencies ha
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-28 191925.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-28 191925.png
    185.8 KB · Views: 32
I hope this is useful, most of the info is alien to me, I just use them to monitor temps and frequencies ha
Thanks
Me too man but I’m learning every day, it’s pretty interesting too. Are u on the latest bios for your mobo? From what I understand soc is now to be limited to 1.2 and if I am reading that correctly u are just over 1.2, it doesn’t look dangerous as it’s like .5 over etc and at the end of the day if the cpu posts it’s prob not affected. I’d update to latest bios tho if u know how to do that ok and have a thumb drive/memory stick etc?

Reactions: EIF
Yeah I updated the bios about a month ago to speed up bootime (it was memory training on every cold boot with expo enabled) There a new bios just released on the 26/04

Its not straight forward though because I have enable CSM (not sure what it isa even) for my gpu to work. After updating bios I also have to clear CMOS which disables CSM so I have to swap connections back and forth from gpu to onboard display . . . then pray it posts.

Last edited:
Thanks
Ryzen Master would be easier to read since it always looks identical for everyone.
It warns you when starting it but it really doesn't do anything if you don't change anything.
And you absolutely can't change anything "by accident". The default screen is just the read out. To change something you need to go into the preset pages etc.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 109 88.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 17.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 46 37.4%