if you wanted to see the hydrodipping process

imo one of the best looking and driving wheels
this is real gear converted for training purposes

IMG_9705.JPG
IMG_9706.JPG
IMG_9707.JPG
IMG_9708.JPG

my first dirt oval race

some impressions - if you want to read more details i wrote a german detailed summary at my german rig report - just google for it - with google translate you will find it

yesterday i had my first dirt oval race - just an outstanding experience
the race was handled by an austrian stock car organisation and i selected the f2 series

IMG_9855.JPG

IMG_9832.JPG
IMG_9837.JPG

you get an full day race experience from 9am until 9pm - some training - 4 pre races and 2 finals. structured in 2 groups - topped by the GRANDE running all class cars.

1714302420790.png

you get - full adrenaline race action in a quite basic steel frame car - rear wheel drive - and a hell of dirt :)

IMG_9852.JPG
IMG_9830.JPG

racing dirt is not really a calm thing - and it took not very long until someone pushed me into the wall. It was fixed very quick and i was back in action for the next race.

IMG_9881.JPG

the grande final was the very great happening - 14 cars - night - floodlight - adrenaline - fun - and a very big crowd giving full support to all race drivers. With the race setup, slowest starts first, i also got my chance to catch some points - But beside this rule i was able to keep pace with the experienced guys to - ended up in the small final P4 - and in the big final P4 - so the day result was and outstanding P6 - and this from a rookie who just did some sim laps .....

now the key fact for us sim racers - this entire dirt oval story started some month ago - the guy organizing this event asked me if there is a simulation available - i showed him iracing and he was shocked how great it is matching - long story short - finally i did a lot of iracing training - did some iracing sessions with real dirt oval drivers - and when i was out first the first 5 laps - i was able to compete immediately

i love our hobby

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea