Restore pacenotes and stewards

Trying RBR2016 and would like to undo some changes if possible. The pacenotes now have some comments scattered through them (Vamos!, Attention!, Oh ho) that are quite distracting (sounds like a third person in the car). And the track stewards are gone, I miss watching them leap off the track at the last moment.

The mod that removes them does it by deleting some files inside the scripts.rbz file (a zip file with rbz extension), so you can try restoring the vanilla scripts.rbz from another install, or use this (I checked, it is the original 1.02)

That did it. Thanks. My friends in the green vests have returned, artfully dodging my insane driving.

FWIW, the extra comments (Spanish or Portuguese) in the pacenotes seem to be for the benefit of the mod creator; "Oh ho" (or "oh no", can't tell) is when approaching any bumpy, rutted, section of road, "Attention!" is where the codriver cautions you.

That did it. Thanks. My friends in the green vests have returned, artfully dodging my insane driving.

FWIW, the extra comments (Spanish or Portuguese) in the pacenotes seem to be for the benefit of the mod creator; "Oh ho" (or "oh no", can't tell) is when approaching any bumpy, rutted, section of road, "Attention!" is where the codriver cautions you.

I don't know a way to restore original pacenotes. You can try deleting the offending sounds in the audio folder (if you can find them). In my experience the game won't crash. I remember deleting the gearbox_broke.ogg file because it fired every time I would misshift :D

Also, you can delete the offending notes altogether with the pacenote plugin. Installation is very recommended anyway because it has a lot of features, not all related to pacenotes. For example, you can interactively edit view positions. Every car model author likes to set them differently so I adjust them to my liking.

Some menus appear with double LEFT click, the rest with double RIGHT click in game

Developed by the same guy that brought us NGP. All hail Workerbee!

Last edited:
I didn't like to edit or create pacenotes. I found it too cumbersome even with this editor. I think it's one of the greatest problems with rally games, as far as I know. I think the process could be streamlined to an extent. Anyway I'm not very good at following the copilot. I think I would be a very bad rally driver IRL.

The only thing I did in RBR was to add "caution water" notes (it's one of the default notes, it's just that is almost never used) here and there in the places I always screwed up, regardless if there was water or not. As the note is so rare it would always catch my attention :D

Last edited:
"For example, you can interactively edit view positions."

Now that could be useful. One of the cars I downloaded has the view so low I gave up on it, felt like either a nine year old kid or a ninety year old man sitting behind the wheel.

For a frustrating copilot try the old Colin McRae 4; he goes on and on non-stop, so by the time you're approaching a certain turn you've forgotten whether he said it is right or left, and he's telling you about something a half mile down the track. But the classic is in Rally Trophy, he gives good directions ...interspersed with snide comments about your driving.

I know I wouldn't be a good rally driver, though I've enjoyed road rallies, but that's entirely different. In fact I've never even driven any of these cars except a Stratos, so i've no idea which of the three RBRs I have is the most "realistic", though all are fun.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back