RDRC S9 - Round 0 - Rally Testland (18th - 22nd January 2021)

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
L31vaoB.jpg

oVyapgi.png

Important Notes:
  • The Rally is from 18th January 00:01 UTC until 22nd January 23:59 UTC. You must've finished and uploaded your time on the last stage before the end-time. Slightly fewer days for the test rally, to have enough time after the rally to fix potential issues. Point-Scoring events will last the whole week as per the rules.
  • Remember to join the correct RaceNet League for the system you play on. If not, you will not be able to participate in any rallies. Find your correct league here
  • Control that your name is the same you signed up with, if not, please inform us of your new name here
  • If you drive with another RaceNet Name than you have on the Entry List, and not have given us any notification on the name change, you will not get any result from the rally. There will not be any exceptions to this.
  • If you have not signed up, you can do so here. You must sign up to be able to participate.
  • Feel free to take screenshots and videos and share it in our Rally World Thread :)
  • Feel free to share your experience from the rally in this thread, share your perfect runs and share your massive failures, all in the name of fun!
  • Any rule changes will be posted in the Directors Note Thread. Please keep yourself updated on any changes.
  • In case anyone would wonder - this is not a point scoring event.

"Press Conference - All In Motorsport"

Hello everyone and thank you for showing up to this press conference after "Rally Testland"

After RDRC Season 8 the team got together and really wanted to get down to the reason for the not so promising results, the budget was drained, all the backup cars were used and almost the entire team threatened to quit since they didn't receive any salary's during the entire Season 8 for unknown reasons.
After many long nights and some high temperature discussions the team could not agree on the sole reason to why we drained the budget so quickly.

After all, the driver felt he drove his best season ever "flying trough the stages" as he told the team boss.

The meeting was rounded off with a picture of last seasons car on its last stage before it was sold (in parts)
pug.jpg

"Picture of ... uuhm.. car"

So for this season, the remaining crew demanded changes!
Unfortunately the budget was even stricter now and we could not defend spending tons of money on training for the mechanics so we did the next best thing, we bought a Ford Fiesta R2T.... yea, we know.... "facepalm"

20210115220416_1.jpg

"On the road back from the paint shop"

After spending some good quality time with the team in an pop-up tent painting the car, we scraped together the last resources we could find and signed up for Season 9 of RDRC and "Rally Testland" to get to know the car and the new team members!
Luckily our new chief mechanic, Honest Bob, had a couple cousins who where unemployed and could work with us while still keeping their benefits check!
Who would have seen that coming!

So, over to this event.
Our driver was excited as allways and really wanted to get a good test and put many miles under the car (and on the wheels per. team boss orders!)
We got ready and sent him off to stage one. I will let him talk you trough the stages from here.

Hey guys! Thanks for having me here!
Stage one was entertaining even with the new car.. this thing is even slower than the car from Season 8...
Anyhow.. We went trough Stage one, two and three with only minor mistakes..
A little spin here and there never hurt anyone..

20210118211820_1.jpg

"Big off on stage one, best wishes for the stewards dog that unfortunatly was struck"

On stage 4 disaster struck, some alien life force managed to put a force field around the car and pushed us into a fence head on (Team boss: say what?)
causing us to damage the radiator and we lost some time.
Trying to catch up the time lost, we still could not get away from the force field and somehow managed to roll the car twice and got a puncture on the left rear tire.

20210118215328_1.jpg
20210118215512_1.jpg

"you know.. force field.. bwahahaha!"

We barely managed to limp the car to the finish line and called the service team to let them know we needed a new radiator on the next service after stage 6.
Bob let me know that we did not have any spare parts so i was told to keep the car in one piece and try to feather it trough the next couple of stages so he could try some duct tape and zip ties when we get to the service.

God only knows how, but the engine actually managed to get us trough the next couple of stages even tough it was making some really weird noises!

20210118215547_1.jpg
20210118215602_1.jpg

"Feathering it trough the stages... yeah..."

When we got to the service, Bob's second cousin actually found a spareparts car in the parking lot and he told us the owner said we could have it for free!
Strange since the only problem was the broken window on the driver side and the ignition was hotwired..
Anyhow, we got the car repaired in 44 minutes and 30 seconds (45 minute service!) and was ready for the last two stages!

There was nothing big to report there since we were so far behind the others, we concentrated on getting to know the car, and aimed for a decent finish!

20210118222322_1.jpg
20210118222353_1.jpg

"Going easy on the last couple of stages"

Thanks for your attention, now we are going for some intense testing before Monte Carlo! (on my pc since the budget for travelling is empty allready).

Last edited:
Completed my first dirt rally stage. Really enjoyed it. The poor scoobie was in bits by the end, due to some failures to keep her within ditches and change gear correctly. We ditched the radiator and coolant to save weight for the run up the hill on the last stage. Didn't work out well and i was just happy to take in the scenery and crawl to the finish, to luckily not get a dnf on the last stage.

It was a good learning experience and ive since tweaked the steering and clutch settings so I've power steering and a decent gearbox going forward. There was a pace sweet spot in the middle stages where i found a nice rhythm to travel, due to the engine damage stopping me from being too flat out.

Thanks for organising this event, it's been great so far. Easy to sign up and all that even for a complete new starter.

Last edited:
I can not recommend crashing big time on SS5, because god damn running that long SS6 with a damaged engine, turbo and towards the end of it a damaged wheel geometry really ain't that great. Before SS4 I was even getting along pretty alright, but hitting my wheel and having to replace it just started the downfall of my competitiveness in this Rally, unfortunately. Luckily though it was just the test one!

Drove the Testland Rally "together" via Discord with @Michael Springer on Monday, livestreamed it and unfortunately had a bluescreen on Stage 4 which meant I DNF'd. Oh well. Lets hope the Monte goes better. :)

Streams are in german:

Livestream Pt.1
Livestream Pt.2

that's a great setup with the camera angle and the corner at the top, that's how livestreams should be :cool: I think

Thanks for the kind words! Actually only started to stream a bit to capture some of the nice moments simracing offers for myself (and for my friends, if we drive endurance events), as well as keeping myself busy during lockdown times. Future streams should be a bit improved in cam-quali, got some light now instead of just relying on the monitor. :) Will definitely stream the whole of the RDRC!

Hello everybody, just finished my first rally successfully After I lay in the forest for the first time, I noticed that I don't know where the reset button is , beginners :) It was really fun, thanks to the organization.

One more question: At the end of the special stage I get the overall result. Can I also have the WP result displayed?

Last edited:
I rolled at the end of the first stage because I forgot that it's still manual control after the finish line :roflmao: But little damage done and I enjoyed a fairly clean run thereafter. Slid off the road a couple of times (I didn't know that recovery penalties in DR2 could be so big!) but didn't destroy the car. Overall pretty clean by my standards and not too slow.

Getting back into sim rallying after more than half a year of absence was harder than I thought especially in the RDRC-3 RWD cars. Must admit while I really like driving in Wales it has never been one of my fastest rallies but I am here for the fun anyways so I dont really care being 10 to 30 seconds slower per stage even without massive offs.

Getting back into sim rallying after more than half a year of absence was harder than I thought especially in the RDRC-3 RWD cars. Must admit while I really like driving in Wales it has never been one of my fastest rallies but I am here for the fun anyways so I dont really care being 10 to 30 seconds slower per stage even without massive offs.

Yeah man! I've been away from sim-rallying for over two years, can't believe how stupid a decision that was when I finally purchased DR2 last week! :roflmao: It's all about the fun, the thrill, and improvements come (back) with time and experience. If you're already enjoying, you're already winning! (especially if you're in RDRC-3 :whistling::cool:)

Last edited:

Well, don't compare yourself to my times. Wales (or rather Bidno Moorland and the long Sweet Lamb) are my go-to stages for testing. Whatever car etc. That's the only stages I test on. I know them by heart.
I am like... 1000 positions higher on time trials there than any other rally. Sooo, haha :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back