RDRC S8 Round 5 - Rally Germany (17th April - 23rd April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much to say about my performance this rally..
The last couple of weeks i have been busy preparing my real life race cars for next weekend so i have not had much time left for practise..

In short terms, this picture pretty much sum up my entire German Rally :p
18077206_10158521084685534_7595901897174878446_o.jpg

and as a treat :)
This is what i will be driving this weekend! :) (the one with the black bonnet is a car i have rented out)
18056993_10158516327835534_5818303224406916883_n.jpg

18055924_10158506552070534_519277178308902847_o.jpg

Provisionally Finished 100, Over all classes.. Pretty good considering i was as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof and had slight shaking hands..

@Bratsaki Nicely done :thumbsup: I`m impressed :D
@bsheepie It was fun having a tug of war :whistling: , Fiesta style with you in the 4WD+ class :thumbsup:
@Gaudin Thanks again :) I have a somewhat silly question though... Do you offer in game rally driving lessons in Dirt Rally :notworthy: As i need some pointers on what NOT to do :whistling:

lol, nice pics joakim, straight and flashy wheels under somewhat twisted skins, you gotta love the contrast. A chap I know remotely does the same sport and has specialized in preparing old Soviet-era eastern bloc cars for these events, really weird, buys them as pieces of junk somewhere in Moldavia or so, takes ages preparing them and then blows them to bits in a weekend.

I don't think I can teach you a lot - your driving is fine from what I've seen. Car control is much better then mine on tarmac, the difference are the little mistakes. I just have much more hours spent sliding around in DR than you, I can drive stages in my head (if I want to hehe).

The difference is more in the thinking, you mostly go all-in (flat out in this case), where I hold back and think more in the longer run (as mentioned before, I really HATE broken windscreens, in VR it's a real distraction) - so to not break it, I hardly go near 100% risk, its the balance you have to find for your own, risk and reward. How fast can you go, to be fast AND safe.

Though in this case it's not my driving that makes me fast, it's the fact that I know almost every corner (and still end up in ditches or mess up anything else). I really hope they make Dirt4 for the VIVE, then we will see you adapts best to situations, corners and so on best. Certainly not me hehe.

Well it was my first rdrc rally too, and my first day playing Dirt Rally so I really didn't expect more than getting the car to the end.

Worst PS4 time, and probably worst overall, but it was pretty exciting to drive with some pressure. Next goal, getting closer to the scottish mate driving the over 60' Mini in ps4 ladder ; )

At least you survived your first rally :) :) and you can say you are the second fastest mini Cooper :) :)

Provisional Results are out! You can find them here
As always, RaceNet-names that are unknown will be listed. Many of the same guys from earlier, it's due to the extremely slow and tiresome way to remove guys from RaceNet, it is faster and simpler to edit the results manually sadly.

Drivers on this list have until April 26th 23:59 GMT to notify us about names to be included in the final results.
Code:
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]Unrecognized RaceNet: h0verfly_7[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]

Any questions or feedback? Never be afraid to speak up! :)

I'm sorry, I wrote my name wrong, this is me, I forgot the _ when I signed up.

I may have finished last but at least i finished. Well i had sadly crashed on to rocks since i took the inside line a bit too much. That and the consecutive 2 long stages, which i hate, made me have my radiator down to 45% and the engine to 60% or less. Other than that i snjoyed the rally but i personally think that if i hadn't so many rookie mistakes, i would have finished at least 17th.

So disappointing to not hit the top 10 here, Tarmac is my best rallies, but got 30 sec worth of penalties on that same "caution 4 right" that I do every time! Could have been 7th or 8th if not....ahh well, onto my worst rallies now :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back