RDRC S8 Round 4 - Rally Finland (27th March - 2nd April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
swQWKUQ.png

Coming from the heat, and technical roads in Greece, the RaceDepartment Rally Championship travels back to the northern countries, and to the blindingly fast roads in Finland. Often called the thousand lakes rally, it could also be named the thousand jumps rally.
Rally Finland will cover a massive 162.95km over 17 stages.

In Greece we saw the seasons first home win, when Dejan Panic took his first win, and also became the third rally winner in as many events, showing how competitive the championship is this season. However, it is Jon Joannides who leads the championship after half of the season is done, this without winning a single rally so far. Showing that consistency is just as important.
In 4WD- Thomas Mueller took his first win of the season, and just like the overall fight, it was the third different winner in the three events. The 4WD- class is also headed by a driver who haven't won any events so far. Ethan O'Hagan have managed a 2nd place in all events so far this season.
In the top 2WD class, 2WD+, we have the only class where a driver have won more than one event, when Andreas Norström took his second win in a row, but as the Swedish Seat driver didn't participate in Monte-Carlo, the Monte-winner Tommie Lindberg is stilling heading the championship.
To add to this, if Lindberg finishes second in class in the last three events, he will take the 2WD+ title, regardless of what happens with other drivers.
For the classic cars in 2WD- Krister Johansson took his first win, making it very tight between the top three in the championship, with just 46 points separating Ismail Yakubu, Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan and Johansson on the top three. These drivers have also won one event each so far this season.

For new drivers, here is the RDRC-Checklist:
  • Check that your name in the league on dirtgame.com is the same that you have signed up with - if not, you can notify the score-keeper here. Remember that changing Steam nickname can change your name on dirtgame.com
  • Check that you are indeed registered to your correct league, PC, PS4 or xBox One. You can find your leagues here
  • Remember to check the Directors Note Thread in case of rule changes or important notices. The thread is here.
  • If you are not signed up yet, and wish to participate in the Championship, you can do so by signing up here
For a full overview of all the stages for Rally Finland including descriptions and length, full results from the previous event and more. Head in to our fast paced, jumpy edition of the Rally Magazine!

View the Finnish Edition of the RDRC Rally Magazine here. (Press F11 for fullscreen)
Download the Finnish Edition of the RDRC Rally Magazine here (12.2mb)

Last edited:
ssmr4jQ.png

Important Notes:
  • The Rally is from 27th March 00:01 GMT until 2nd April 23:59GMT. You must've finished and uploaded your time on the last stage before the end-time. NOTE: DST is in effect in large parts of Europe. The RDRC times are still GMT, though your local time may have moved one hour compared to GMT.
  • Remember to join the correct RaceNet League for the system you play on. If not, you will not be able to participate in any rallies. Find your correct league here
  • Control that your RaceNet Name is the same you signed up with, if not, please inform us of your new name here
  • If you drive with another RaceNet Name than you have on the Entry List, and not have given us any notification on the name change, you will not get any result from the rally. There will not be any exceptions to this.
  • If you have not signed up, you can do so here. You must sign up to be able to participate.
  • Feel free to take screenshots and videos and share it in our Rally World Thread :)
  • Feel free to share your experience from the rally in this thread, share your perfect runs and share your massive failures, all in the name of fun!
  • Any rule changes will be posted in the Directors Note Thread. Please keep yourself updated on any changes.

• Deleted member 217114

Hmmm 17 stages, only 4 long ones, some rain and night. I am little bit satisfied now. Only to me to decide to race with my back up wheel (a G27), cause my TX servo base is for sale or wait till my CSW v2.5 arrives this week. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff again chaps really looking forward to this one. Can I just clarify, if you want to save progress and return another time, you must save at the checkpoint not the service point? It seems a few of my mates in the previous round saved at the service point, and as it wasn't a checkpoint had to re-run some of the stages.

Cheers

Mark

Good stuff again chaps really looking forward to this one. Can I just clarify, if you want to save progress and return another time, you must save at the checkpoint not the service point? It seems a few of my mates in the previous round saved at the service point, and as it wasn't a checkpoint had to re-run some of the stages.

Cheers

Mark

It all depends on your luck, the amount of wind around the Codemasters HQ, and if you have sacrificed the correct thing to Codies in the last week.

So, you can save at each service, the checkpoints are the point you start from if you have a RaceNet connection issue, bluescreen etc. So even if you save at a non-checkpoint service, if you get tech.issues you are going back to the checkpoint.
However, there are absolutely no guarantee that saving at a non-checkpoint service will work. You might have to drive from the last checkpoint, but you might also continue from where you saved.
So, in theory, it should work, but as we know with many Codemaster systems, they are more moody than a teenager on a caravan-trip with the whole family.

I hope that gave you some clarification :)

Subaru collage.jpg

Saving tires by just using two of them - not always a good idea! Looking forward to this challenge, and wishing all a save journey through the woods! Watch the squirrels!

That 2-wheeler at 0:39 is sooooooo spectacular!!!! :inlove:

Yep again I hit something which wasn't seeing thing. I have reported a lot of those unseeing walls and rocks and everything but there are still a lot of those. Otherwise I did clean six stages. I will continue tomorrow.

20170328013926_1.jpg

Well there she is, parked up on the side of the road with terminal engine damage midway through SS10 :cry:

Was flying high in the top 10 at around SS6 so it's a bit of a bummer. A good learning experience for me though! (dont go over every jump at top speed lol)

Good luck to everyone :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back