RDRC S8 Round 3 - Rally Greece (6th - 12th March 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice, last man standing in the 4wd-, but with fewer guys tackling the rally I now at least finish in the top 200 and top 40 in my class, so that's two items to tick off on my internal motivation list.
Big congrats to my teammate thomas for finishing 6th in class, nice addition to our (oh sorry: exclusively your) teampoints :) .

Last edited:
Congrats to all the (class) winners...
I'll have to wait until the final results and see how I got away in Group A (A class I do for my own statistics)...

Just took the time in the office and designed my new livery, a Delta Integrale in the famous HB-Design of the Audi Quattro to celebrate the 70th Birthday of Walter Röhrl throughout the remaining RDRC season...will be driven in Finland then :rolleyes:

I would greatly appreciate it if one of the podium guys in the -4wd category posted a replay vid of a stage. By no means I am a fast guy, but i cant comprehend how when i have a decent stage, i still am over a minute slower in the R4 class. So looking to see what i am doing wrong...

Big Thank you to all of the team which organised this great event.:);)

I expected a difficult and dangerous course in Greece and it was difficult and dangerous:D
This time my personal goal was to catch Norbert Leitner in his BMW M3 because the bunch of the kit car army (Tommie, Magnar, Roy, Andreas (PS4) etc...) are far ahead of my own speed. After Greece Norbert leads 2:1;) and maybe next time in Finland it will be Jack (037) and Norbert (BMW) which I try to beat.......:p:p

Some pics from my Manta on dusty roads in this nice country:thumbsup::thumbsup:
20170309182332_1.jpg

20170309183751_1.jpg

20170309183823_1.jpg

Cu next time on the carwrecking stages in Finland.:whistling:

I would greatly appreciate it if one of the podium guys in the -4wd category posted a replay vid of a stage. By no means I am a fast guy, but i cant comprehend how when i have a decent stage, i still am over a minute slower in the R4 class. So looking to see what i am doing wrong...

I'm sorry, I have no replay saved, playing with HTC Vive, and with no recording software experience, too much to do hehe

What I can say is, that I prepared a lot. I needed to, more steering angle, changed FFB, new rim than in Sweden, the changes where all to the better, but I had to get used to them in the first place.

Unlike in Sweden, I had no Setup ready for competition. Trial and error brought me to a setup I felt really comfortable with in my 1995 Subaru - the trick for me was, to shorten the final drive a lot, gives the Subi a lot more grunt I felt, I finally got the hairpins most of the time as I wanted to, the top speed lacked a bit, but there's hardly any longer stretch you could power through flat out for quite a while.
(I based my setup on this one: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=606853521, with adaptations in the gears and suspension department - don't know why this one works so well for me, felt just right rom the start)

I really enjoy the training and preparation for this events - I'm still learning a lot concerning setups, gearing, raceline, technique, etc. Only three months driving with the Vive, I set quite a few PB's during training - VR helps me to get to the apex much better, the FOV is just perfect I feel, never went back to my three screens. It has it's downsides, but the driving and immersion is what matters most for me.

I did all 12 SS in one go, like Sweden - I had no real clue if i was fast or not. Never took a look at the leaderboards, helps me to concentrate on my driving, and the things I have under control, and the next stage loads pretty much instantly, keeping the flow going.

I tried to keep the car as healthy as possible, had a cautious first two stages, got into a good flow afterwards, main goal: NO major mistakes if possible. I just had a slowspeed barrel role in the 2nd SS I think, cracked my side-window, but that was it more or less on the errorfront. (the sidewindow never got repaired till the end, lazy mechanics :p)

The end of the first, and the start of the second day must have been quite fast, but the happiest part were the five sunny midday stages at the end - I really enjoyed that!

The Subaru was badly bruised from the regular damage, but it was still very fast and smooth to control - with some cars or setups, the later SS of an event can feel very different to the start, this time, it was more or less the same all the way through, which helped.

Now on to Finland, this will be even harder than Greece, the stages literally eat your car up bit by bit, even with the personal service park crew, they hardly any manage to repair it back to 100% after lets say a long and a short one without any major crashes. Servicepark performance and cautious driving will be key, to have some speed left at the end (no clue how many SS are planned, but I guess more then 12, this will be very interessting!) Bring it on!

Thanks again to all involved organizing all the stuff it needs, appreciated very much!

nice, last man standing in the 4wd-, but with fewer guys tackling the rally I now at least finish in the top 200 and top 40 in my class, so that's two items to tick off on my internal motivation list.
Big congrats to my teammate thomas for finishing 6th in class, nice addition to our (oh sorry: exclusively your) teampoints :) .

Thx buddy.
I think you are doing great there. 24people behind you in the rankings who DNF. And you finished! Next up, top 30 in Finland?

Awful last 6 stages, was a bit too confident in my pace for a podium spot and Sunday evening went out for some drinks. Got home tipsy and had 40min to finish the rally, had a spin on 5 off the 6stages only the last stage was clean but far from my Pb. I was raging with fury at myself, I fluked a perfectly good 2nd place and the lead to the champ. Johanson pace was out of my world, would have been great to have a good result in Greece as Finland will be my biggest downfall.
Cudos to everyone, best and most intense champ ever for myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back