RDRC S7 Round 1 - Jänner Rallye (1st-3rd March 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran in EU3 too, to keep Pinky company on his run. The conclusion is that I should have not entered the rally yesterday, but rather used todays results instead. But that's just the way it is. Hopefully Norway will suit me better :)

Sounds like you all had fun, some nasty stages! Im a total newbie, when do we normally see the results all compiled?

Snapped a few more images which you may like from my runs on Joux Verte and Greenhills -

Powersliding round a 90' left on Greenhills

Through the fast turns midway through the Joux Verte stage

____
http://walkracing.com/

Your very fast to be a "newbee". If so we have a fast bloke among us when you get used to Richard Burns.

Nice skin on you ride :thumbsup:

Sounds like you all had fun, some nasty stages! Im a total newbie, when do we normally see the results all compiled?

Provisional - as fast as we manage. While the times are retrieved automatically, they have to be manually plotted in, together with name, car, class etc. for every single stage, then sorting it - and highlighting each stage winner :)
The final result - after replays have been checked, time discrepancies being fixed, time-penalties(if any) being added and so on :)

ss1: went well, only one mistake where I was a bit to sideways on the gravel part and ended up somewhere in the field. No major time lost. Pushed quite hard.
ss2: pushed very hard, no mistakes, probably one of my better stages during the rally.
ss3: pushed hard from the start but entered the fast chicane going into the town a bit to fast and ruined my chances of a podium finish.
ss4: Slicks dry. Went well the first 300 meters, first hairpin I threw it in the tree on the inside and damaged my radiator. Had power all the way until the 3 sector split. From there on I just rolled my way down to the finish line.
ss5: First sector, completely surprised me by the lack of grip and I found myself going off the road in pretty muche very corner. Went well until going out of the final hairpin, where I noobed out and crashed down the edge. First CFH of the day.
ss6: looking away from my engine cutting out in the end because of it overheating it went quite well.
ss7: went quite well, no mistakes
ss8: lost 10-15 seconds in the end of sector 2
ss9: was fine uphill with tarmac dry's but on my way downhill in the 3rd hairpin I went very fast into the barriers and ruined my car.
ss10: perfect until the final corner where I lost the rear of the car and went nose in into the wall. So when I tried to get the car turned around I of course managed to slide down the cliff needing a CFH. :cry::cry::cry::poop:

Unfortunately went to the rally but failed to train, was looking at the road book, do one section at Tarmac, the other in Monte Carlo Mod and another in Snow to check setups and it was time the session begins.

I started calmly and as it was a difficult rally, the main objective was not fast but not to make mistakes and have finished the race without CFH's or Retired, already was a victory for me.

I made some small mistakes, derived from the lack of recognition and thus lost a few seconds, but nothing too.

As the session, and although 19 participants had no with WRC, do not know if my progress was fast or not, then be eager to see the final results in that place I'm in the final standings.

The worst thing was that even SS10 secondary to poor tire choice for the last 2 stages, I had two encounters and lost a good seconds with this, otherwise everything went relatively well.

Provisional Results are Out!

If you spot any mistakes (or are you even missing from the results?) then PM me. (Yes @Erik Tveit we know!)

If you are missing from the list then you should doublecheck your RSRBRname in the sign up thread compared to the RSRBRname you are using.
Even a missing(or extra) space between letters, will cause @Michael Nelson's program to not retrieve your results - please ensure that the RSRBRname in the Sign-Up thread are the same that you actually use, down to every single letter and space - Thanks! :)

It may only be provisional for now but I am stoked with that result.

Well done to all the guys who finished the stages :) especially @Sandro Pinho for the RDRC overall win and @Karl Raudsepp for besting me by 32 odd seconds for the win in RDRC 2. That said the Group A win and potential team lead in RDRC 2 is fantastic. Also SS10... so so so so so close to an overall win. Thanks again @Ole Marius Myrvold @Michael Nelson @Roy Magnes and @Jack Hintz along with the other crew memebers for getting everything running so smoothly for round 1.

Fantastic effort everyone.

- Oscar.

I only see from the results that on SS4, 5, 6 i made a bad tyre choice with the snow tyres, that cost me better result, but im very happy with this result after 3 years without RBR.
I'm suprised , i almost got a overall victory on SS9 :D

SS1 - Mini was really difficult to drive here. It was jumping around on the bumps and I had one
spin.​
SS2 - I had a problem on the part of the road that is missing. The rear end snapped on me and I
was heading in to the armco. Luckily the hit wasn't that strong but I had terrible time turning the car in the right direction on this narrow stage.​
SS3 - With suspension damage from the last stage I was losing time.
SS4 - Tarmac wet tyres on for the next two stages. Mini's rear end is still not listening to me. :rolleyes:
SS5 - Parts of the road that were not clear of the snow were very difficult to drive on and one of
them caught me off guard and I needed CFH.​
SS6 - Bad downhill section for me where I had a spin.
SS7 - Good stage for me finally, on snow tyres. Just a thing to get me going.
SS8 - OK, OK, not bad, now concentrate for two more stages.
SS9 - It could have been better but a stage win is a stage win. I had some good drifts and a good
drive on the downhill section but I didn't get it clean with one spin again. :rolleyes:
SS10 - Again not a clean drive. I had some trouble and almost finished on the roof. It doesn't
matter now, I finished my rally and with one more stage win! :)

I didn't enjoy this rally because of my mistakes but at the end 4th place is not bad, I thought it was going to be even worse. Mini is good to drive but needs more work on that suspension. I hope it will be ready for the next round.

Congrats to Sandro, Manuel and Magnar.

Very very happy with that result, a stage win,
and 3rd in RDRC-2 and 9th overall, on my debut!

Thanks for the organisation guys, and Ole to answering my messages. Also my teammate Mark Johnston, for all his advice and getting me upto speed with how to join an online session (shows how much of a rookie I am!).

Well that went better than expected, with my pedal issues i was never sure that when i go to brakes or throttle that something will happen. And few times when going on the throttle there was just nothing so i was scared on every corner of the rally. so 5th and 12th is good result for that .

next one is pure snow.. i like snow ;) but really big thanks to all and especially to my team-mate @Oscar Hardwick for support. Thanks for great rally and we will see in the next rally :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 8 10.4%