RD Rally Championship Season 9 - RaceNet Name Change Thread

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Hello everyone.

As some of you may be aware, RaceNet has a tendency to change your name based upon what your Platform name is, but also use your RaceNet username. This thread is so you can notify RDRC Staff if you notice your shown RaceNet name has changed. Because this seems to happen on a whim, we won't be issuing any penalties for it, but it would be helpful if you check your RaceNet name after you complete each rally in the season.

==============RaceNet Name Change Form==============
Old RaceNet name:
New RaceNet name:
Driver Number:

Thank you.

Old RaceNet name: MaltesersAreTasty
New RaceNet name: MAllington
Driver Number: 72

Last edited:
Old RaceNet name: MaltesersAreTasty
New RaceNet name: MAllington
Driver Number: 72

Except, on the RaceNet webpage you show as MaltesersAreTasty ;) In Hindsight we should've asked for both the platform and RaceNet username, as it seems to be slightly random (I have seen RaceNet usernames on the RaceNet webpage as well).
So when we download the results, the name that shows up on the actual RaceNet webpage is what we get.

Code"masters" can't make it easy for us can they? :p

EDIT: I have planned to manually screenshot the in-game results late Friday, and then compare to RaceNet results, and change the names that are wrong in the result-app, to minimize the work you drivers need to do :)

Last edited:
Oh for crying out loud - website says it's MAllington, in game it shows as MAllington...!! No wonder people get confused :geek: MaltesersAreTasty is my platform name.

Last edited:
Oh for crying out loud - website says it's MAllington, in game it shows as MAllington...!! No wonder people get confused :geek: MaltesersAreTasty is my platform name.

Ye, it looks like the Rally 0 results on RaceNet are using platform-name. In the game is says MAllington indeed. What's frustrating is that in the racedepartment club rally club (lol) we've had the username show up and not platform name...
Is the name that's here that we get to download. (Though, when you applied, I accepted MAllington... You know, just to make it... easy?) Also, the webpage doesn't differentiate between small or big letters, but the actual API does, so I also need to look at that to figure out how people write their names, as our app is case-sensitive. Lol :D I know what I will do Friday night :)
1611165464566.png

Last edited:
Hi, this racenet thing is pretty weird...

I signed for the championship with RacenetID: "diegosgcab" (lowercase), because I checked all results pages in dirt webpage and in game and that was my name... but today I did the test rally and:
- In game, on results after each stage, I'm shown as "DSampe"
- In dirt web page, on results for the rally, I'm shown as "DIEGOSGCAB" (upercase)

I'm pretty confused and don't know whats my name :O_o:

Hi, this racenet thing is pretty weird...

I signed for the championship with RacenetID: "diegosgcab" (lowercase), because I checked all results pages in dirt webpage and in game and that was my name... but today I did the test rally and:
- In game, on results after each stage, I'm shown as "DSampe"
- In dirt web page, on results for the rally, I'm shown as "DIEGOSGCAB" (upercase)

I'm pretty confused and don't know whats my name :O_o:

Haha. Join the gang! And welcome to the world of Code"masters". Now. As long as you have done the test-rally. There is a 99% chance that I can see the in-game name, then the dirt web-page name, then figure it out on the result app :) (there are some J-RDRC guys I cant do this with, due to me only seeing results after stage 8 in-game)

So, for 99% of the ones who have done the test rally, this will not cause any issues :)

I knew I'd end up here because I had no idea which name would show up on the leaderboards :unsure:

Old RaceNet name: ApexHuntah
New RaceNet name: Roller Toaster
Driver Number: 295

I knew I'd end up here because I had no idea which name would show up on the leaderboards :unsure:

Old RaceNet name: ApexHuntah
New RaceNet name: Roller Toaster
Driver Number: 295

:roflmao: Not sure which nickname I like the most!
*Updated* :)

Not sure if this is the right thread, because my RaceNet name hasn't changed. However, in all clubs I take part, my STEAM name shows up in the results, not my RaceNet name. So, just in case, I am leaving it here as well.

STEAM: Mario Peixoto (my real name, basically) :D
RaceNet: HydroPT (same as I used in the sign-up thread)

Not sure if this is the right thread, because my RaceNet name hasn't changed. However, in all clubs I take part, my STEAM name shows up in the results, not my RaceNet name. So, just in case, I am leaving it here as well.

STEAM: Mario Peixoto (my real name, basically) :D
RaceNet: HydroPT (same as I used in the sign-up thread)

*Updated*

I wonder what RaceNet does when people have the same name... Do one of them get the RaceNet name, the other the platform name? If so, if it the first one who does the rally that gets the platform-name?

Code"masters" am I right?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back