RD Rally Championship Season 8 - RaceNet Name Change Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Nelson

#118 RMI Motorsport (RDLMS)
Hello everyone.

As some of you may be aware, RaceNet has a tendency to change your name based upon what your Steam name is. This thread is so you can notify RDRC Staff if you notice your RaceNet name has changed. Because this seems to happen on a whim, we won't be issuing any penalties for it, but it would be helpful if you check your RaceNet name after you complete each rally in the season.

==============RaceNet Name Change Form==============
Old RaceNet name:
New RaceNet name:

Driver Number:

Thank you.

For some reason my Racenet ID wasn't appearing on the league page, nor would the RDRC appear in my leagues tab when in the game. This was despite Ole confirming my entry to the league.

However, when I applied for the league in the game menus, it used my steamID and now everything shows up as it should, but just with my steam name instead of my racenet name.

My Racenet name is Tophercheese172 and my steam name is Tophercheese. I think everything will be fine, I just wanted to let you know in case there were any strange results coming from either of those account names.

[EDIT] Logging out from dirtgame.com, then renaming my Steam Profile name, then restarting the game and going to the "Leagues" section seems to have done the trick.

Still clueless WHY, but happy THAT it works.:)
Text below is now redundant [/EDIT]

Forgive me for being slow in more ways than one :D, but being unfamiliar with both Racenet and Steam name stuff, can someone please help me out here::O_o:

I signed up for Racenet using Racenet name "RallyRoland" using password "X" and tied it to my Steam account.
My Steam Account name and my Steam Profile name are both completely different ones though and Steam uses password "Y".

Now, when I log in to dirtgame.com, using my email and password "X", it shows my Steam Profile name in the top bar (Not my Steam account name).
Now when I go to "Manage account" it says "Hello RallyRoland." at the top and it says my Display Name is RallyRoland.
But when I go to "View Profile" it says "Profile Info {Steam Profile Name}"
I tried to join the league as per the "How to race online.."-thread but I'm afraid now I've tried to sign up using my Steam Profile name and not my RaceNet name....:redface::sick:

Can I fix this by changing my Steam Profile name to RallyRoland, or do I need to un-apply for the league first and re-apply afterwards?? I'm confused..:redface:

Last edited:
Old RaceNet name: ApexHuntah
New RaceNet name: RivaL
Driver Number: 44

RaceNet profile name: supermotostar
RaceNet display name: Ahlzini (used when signed up)

Driver Number: 143
Not sure what name is used when I join leagues, but I try to join the test league now...

Old RaceNet name: JohnSouter
New RaceNet name: Quicksilver384

Driver Number: 183 ( i think)

Hello everyone.

As some of you may be aware, RaceNet has a tendency to change your name based upon what your Steam name is. This thread is so you can notify RDRC Staff if you notice your RaceNet name has changed. Because this seems to happen on a whim, we won't be issuing any penalties for it, but it would be helpful if you check your RaceNet name after you complete each rally in the season.

==============RaceNet Name Change Form==============
Old RaceNet name: NYBERG.MN
New RaceNet name: MAGNUS NYBERG
Driver Number:149

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.