RD Rally Championship Season 8 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone:D The clubs update is supposed to drop today (according to the post from Codies on Facebook at least) so we will see how it all works etc and then start looking at the championship.
We have been working behind the scenes so don't worry about that! ;)

Clubs are live and multiplatform.

We are testing the features in DiRT Hellenic Community.

Mostly we want to test the 'restart bug' if is fixed.
Also is strange the so many Service Area types (short, medium, long). Any idea about their differences?

So I'm seeing an RDRC club on the DR2.0 clubs website, but it is specified for PC players only. Any plans on the actual big RDRC season 9(?) being multi-platform? I'd love to take part in my first RD Community Event/Season!

How do I register? I put in a request to join the RDRC club on the codies website.

So I'm seeing an RDRC club on the DR2.0 clubs website, but it is specified for PC players only. Any plans on the actual big RDRC season 9(?) being multi-platform? I'd love to take part in my first RD Community Event/Season!

Liam, the season is not live - however the club have been transferred from DiRT Rally, which is why you can see it :)

Littlefysh, it will be multi-platform :) Don't worry about that!

I can dream.... :whistling:

ICanDream.png

We all do. We are in constant contact with Codemasters though. As it stands at the moment, no rallies will be over 12 stages, and we have to make a league/club for each class, as there are no way to make a rally where you can use cars from different in-game classes. It is locked to only one class, you cannot block off cars either.
This means there will be a lot more behind the scenes job pre-season. Both when it comes to making an app to extract, convert, and give a proper output of results. But also going through the rules, as we won't have e.g 4WD- with R4 and Gr.A cars, as that demands two separate leagues/clubs in game for a single RDRC-class.

Sadly Codemasters does the same with the RaceNet stuff as they do with their games. They add some features that's very good, then they remove other good features from previous versions. It's frustrating.

That's a custom livery, isn't it? Is this already a thing on PC? Because if it's not, custom liveries like in DR4 could be back...
That's a modded skin, so it's like a custom livery from DR1, rather than something from the D4 livery editor. Being able to mod the skins on DR2 on PC - without affecting the nefs files - has been a thing for a little while now

Well, these are some of the things @Jack Hintz definately does better than all of us others :)

You called? :D
Yeah I've been busy working stuff out behind the scenes design wise and wanted to see how well next seasons banners sat on the car. Custom liveries have been around for a while now thankfully, I have done 3-4 of them so far, yet to be released.

Can't wait to get to work properly with next season once clubs have been figured out, we have some cool new ideas for it.

48305669286_330e2b1cb3_b.jpg

We all do. We are in constant contact with Codemasters though. As it stands at the moment, no rallies will be over 12 stages, and we have to make a league/club for each class, as there are no way to make a rally where you can use cars from different in-game classes. It is locked to only one class, you cannot block off cars either.
This means there will be a lot more behind the scenes job pre-season. Both when it comes to making an app to extract, convert, and give a proper output of results. But also going through the rules, as we won't have e.g 4WD- with R4 and Gr.A cars, as that demands two separate leagues/clubs in game for a single RDRC-class.

Sadly Codemasters does the same with the RaceNet stuff as they do with their games. They add some features that's very good, then they remove other good features from previous versions. It's frustrating.

Maybe ditch the historic classes and run something like IRL with R2/R5/up to 2000cc? Just to make it easier on you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back