AC Rd 6 of the Q1 F3 Championship German GP at Hockenheim-Thursday 2nd May.

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Shed 17

Staff
Premium
Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_vhe_hockenheim_6-1-124-11-47-4.jpg

After our super hot races in Asia, we return to the cooler temperatures of Europe to drive on the Hockenheimring GP layout in the first of two visits to Germany in our F3 championships.

Allard van Den Hoevan leads the series as we enter the final two rounds at this double header with Thomas Kimmich and Hank Belane hoping to score well at their home GP.

Driver
2Thomas Kimmich80
3Hank Belane69
1713969120377.png

Not registered yet?

All Overtake premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Go to our Championship registration page for full details.

AC - F3 Championship Q1 Spring 2024 Registration | Overtake

The race format for this race is:

• Practice Server: Overtake.com Server 6 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: Overtake.com Server 6- Netherlands
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:00 CET, 20:00 BST | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 BST| - Race 1 Start
Track download here:Hockenheimring Multi-Layout | OverTake (Formerly RaceDepartment)
  • 2 x 25 minute races (pit stop optional).
  • Reverse grid for race 2 (to 7th place).
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule. Penalties are enabled, 2 on screen warnings then a drive through penalty, failure to complete penalty will get you kicked off the server. Warning notices appear as you crossing start/finish when you have cut the track and your lap time was faster than your average lap time. So if you cut the track and gain an advantage, slow down!
  • Tyres-S,M,H options
  • DRS is disabled
  • Weather conditions as per event details.

Further info can be found on the Q1Championship page by clicking on the purple button EVENT DETAILS.

We look forward to seeing you on track.

Hi Fulvio,

For this year we have tried to align with the real F1 tracks where possible, but if I run this series next year then I am thinking of including more tracks that are not on the F1 schedule and align more to the F3 championship. So Oschersleben would be a good choice and maybe even include Macau:).
Also, If there are any tracks that don't work for this years series then I'll take a look at Oschersleben as a replacement.:thumbsup:

Is it some graphical setting on my side, the fact that I'm not currently using post processing for technical reasons, or the track is practically flat also on the kerbs, to the point that it's really hard to find reference points? E.g. the right corner entering the Motodrom is a mix of colours where I can't tell where the kerb is..

Is it some graphical setting on my side, the fact that I'm not currently using post processing for technical reasons, or the track is practically flat also on the kerbs, to the point that it's really hard to find reference points? E.g. the right corner entering the Motodrom is a mix of colours where I can't tell where the kerb is..
It is very flat Omar and not easy to find apex points at all.

Yes, not the best version out there but the only one on OT.
It's the same for all though, very hard to see the turn in points, just have to turn and hope!
I just went online for the first time Paul. The track is hugely over exposed and cannot see the track. I tried all the Pure settings and nothing worked. In the end i had to darken the PP filter to the extent that it looks like a thunderstorm is brewing but it is now usable. Maybe a VR thing, but maybe Omar or anybody with the same issue, it is a fix. Well sort of.

I think you had a similar issue when we ran the Radical on the short course here Steve?
For me, the track itself is quite pale in places with some dark ares of tarmac but otherwise is usable.
As Omar said, it is difficult to see some of the turn in points and apexes but you do get quicker with practice. Not sure what I can do to improve it.

I think you had a similar issue when we ran the Radical on the short course here Steve?
For me, the track itself is quite pale in places with some dark ares of tarmac but otherwise is usable.
As Omar said, it is difficult to see some of the turn in points and apexes but you do get quicker with practice. Not sure what I can do to improve it.
Yes, i forgot that Paul. Honest, it is not an age thing.
What game are we playing?

I just went online for the first time Paul. The track is hugely over exposed and cannot see the track. I tried all the Pure settings and nothing worked. In the end i had to darken the PP filter to the extent that it looks like a thunderstorm is brewing but it is now usable. Maybe a VR thing, but maybe Omar or anybody with the same issue, it is a fix. Well sort of.

Yes, in the end I had to do the same to at least be able to have more realistic colours, yet the Motodrom entry remains a nightmare

That was a good first part of the championship.
Maybe we could continue counting the previous points (secretly :cool:).
There's something special about a year-round World Championship.

The race today was also good. Hockenheim is a great track. It's a shame it's no longer in Formula One. But what else can you say on this topic?!

Great event!

The race today was also good. Hockenheim is a great track. It's a shame it's no longer in Formula One. But what else can you say on this topic?!

Great event!
Hey Hank, sorry i rammed you on turn 2. I was trying to outbrake Han and i came in too hot. :(

Great event!
I am going to keep a record of each quarter points Hank and add them together as we go along so we can see who does what overall.
I know the quality of the mod was not the best but it was usable and made it tricky in places which mixed up the field nicely.
I’ll get a report together over the weekend but in the meantime well done to Allard on the Championship win and all who competed.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.