Rant: online cd key

Errrrr...I typed it in.

Seriously, I never had a problem with the key, although as can be seen above, some of the lettering they use is less than definitive.

Are you on Vista or XP?

If you are on Vista, try setting the compatibility mode to XP.

lololol i was using the online key sorry for getting angry.......why is thekey on the cd
It's an initiative test. Guess how you got on? :wink2:

I totally agree it's a pain, you take the cd out to type in the key, then the autorun starts again when you put it back. It's not the most elegant method, certainly.

...or can the game run without the cd lololololol
No, unfortunately not. :disapointed: The Starforce copy protection precludes a no-cd fix. You are not the first and you won't be the last to ask for that, but I'm afraid it's a case of suck it up and get used to the disc checks.

Anyway, you're all sorted now, that's the main thing. Hope to see you on track soon. :good:

• Simon Zekas

Help with online key needed :(

Hi everyone, i'm getting a little frustrated I can't play gtl online, because i don't have an online key. Bought it a week ago on amazon, found the starforce code on the back of the cd box, but no online key :( Called and emailed viva media with no results so far. Was searching for an answer online for a while, but no success. I absolutely love this game and would like to try it online with your help.

• Simon Zekas

I bought it used and thats what ive got: 3 cds in a case with no covers but with a sticker of starforce code and a little manual book

• Simon Zekas

well, i live in states and i think only canadian and european versions came in a dvd (i might be wrong). Mine has three cds with graphics on them and they do look original to me.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.