Rally - Henri Toivonen Tribute - Monday 17th & Tuesday 18th October 2011

Warren Dawes

Premium
”Henri Toivonen Tribute”

Mon 17th & Tues 18th October 2011

PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2011, (UPDATE 07) IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT
Update 08 is now Released, installation is recommended but not considered essential for this Rally

Lancia Delta S4 (Group B) across a selection of Gravel and Snow Stages

Henri-Toivonen.jpg

Sessions: RD Henri Toivonen EU / RD Henri Toivonen US / RD Henri Toivonen OC / RD Henri Toivonen EUX / RD Henri Toivonen USX / RD Henri Toivonen EUS / RD Henri Toivonen EUT

NOTE: We may include additional time zone Rallys if requested.

Car Pack: Group B ( You must choose the Lancia S4 from this car pack.) **

Damage: Reduced

SS01 – England – Chirdonhead (Normal, Light Fog, Day)
SS02 – England – Chirdonhead II (Normal, Good, Day)
SS03 - USA – Frazier Wells (Normal, Damp, Day)
SS04 - USA – Frazier Wells II (Normal, Good, Day)
SS05 – Finland – Sikakama (Normal, Med Fog, Day)
SS06 - Finland – Sikakama II (Normal, Good, Day)
SS07 - Finland – Kaihuavaara (Normal, Bad, Day)
SS08 – Finland – Kaihuavaara II (Normal, Good, Day)

EUX Start: 17:00 GMT Monday *
Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
USX Start: 01:00 GMT Tuesday (8:00 PM USA Central Time Monday) *
US Start: 03:00 GMT Tuesday (11PM EDST Monday (USA), 9PM Monday Mountain Time) *
Oceania Start: 09:30 GMT Tuesday (QLD 7:30 PM; NSW, VIC, Tas 8:30PM. ) *
EUS Start: 15:00 GMT Tuesday *
EUT Start: 19:30 GMT Tuesday *

Please Note: New OC Start time now used due to the introduction of DST.

Additional time zone Rallys may be created on request.
If the USA Session drivers prefer a different Start time, please let us know, we can be flexible to suit.

* EU, OC, and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. If no one signs up for a listed Session, it will not be created on the Server.
All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

** PLEASE NOTE: You must choose the Lancia S4 from the Group B car pack.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!

• You will require the RSRBR 2011 mod, ( Update 07 ), in order to participate, please see the installation and Usage thread.

Please Note: Update 08 is now released. It is recommended to install Update 08, but not considered essential for this Rally.

• You will also require the Group B Car pack.

• Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.

IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2011 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running: Here

Drivers:

NOTE: You must choose the Lancia S4 from the Group B Car Pack

1. Senad Subasic (mfodor) - EUS
  2. Warren Dawes (WAD53) - OC
  3. John Cunningham (HH_BF1) - EU
  4. Tero Leppanen (Cloudy) - EUX
  5. Olli Kauppinen (Kurjuutus) - EUX
  6. Roy Magnes (Roy Magnes) - EU
  7. Nigel Atkins (Marmiteman) - EU
  8. Christopher Drennan (drennanc) - EUX
  9. Jack "Henri" Hintz (metalshredder7) - OC :D
  10. Dariusz Swiderski (swider) -EU
  11. Jeff Feaker (bigbobross) - USX
  12. Viesturs Priede (Viesturs Priede) - EUX
  13. Mark Birney (Sparky245) - EU
  14. Paul Newton (iam27paul) - USX
  15. Chelton Nunes (cheltonjr) - EUT
  16. Sebastien Levret (Mayland) - EU
  17. Corey Twyman (theFlash) - US
  18. Chris Williamson (Kurisu166) - EUX
  19. Teemu Toikka (tesnaukki) - EUX
  20. Joe Melin (j03) - US
  21. Keegan Buckley (kbuckley) - OC
  22. Damien Jones (DJones) - OC
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.

We are running another of our Tribute Rallys, where we recognise past and present Rally Drivers and the cars they were most famous with.

For this Rally, we pay tribute to another great Rally driver from Finland, Henri Toivonen. Henri was considered by many to be potentially one of the greatest Rally Champions in history, but sadly he was killed in a horrific crash and fire on 2 May 1986 while leading the Tour de Course rally in Corsica. This tragic crash led to the final decision to ban the famous Group B cars forever.

Toivonen proved to be an exceptionally talented driver at a very young age, and achieved success in WRC driving for Lancia, and becoming the youngest driver to win a WRC event at 24, a record only recently beaten by Jari-Matti Latvala.

So, for this rally, we will drive the Lancia S4, the car he had immediate success with, but also the car in which he died. It is a typical Group B beast, hugely powerful, very quick, and will need careful control of the power.

For this Rally, drivers will be severely tested to see if they have the skill and control of Henri Toivonen. We are using a split of Gravel and Snow Stages, with the second half of the Rally in his native country of Finland.

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES:

1. This car is typical of the Group B era. It is 4WD, very fast, with "lively" handling. Patience, self control, and a light right foot will be essential to control this one. If you respect the car, it will yield very fast times.

2. RBR Pacenotes are designed for default cars, Normal conditions and Good weather. Please remember to adjust your speeds to suit these cars.

3. Tyre selections are the drivers responsibility. If you use the automatic tyre selection option in RSRBR2011, please beware that sometimes it may give you the wrong tyre for the conditions. Always double check your tyres, it is critical, especially when changing to Snow Stages.

If requests are made for any additional timezones, or changes to Start times to better suit your local needs, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

Thanks to Damien for the great Banner.

Good luck all, and I hope you enjoy this tribute to Henri Toivonen. :star:

And a couple of Video's tributed to Henri.

[video=youtube_share;-1RX-qJ-maM]http://youtu.be/-1RX-qJ-maM[/video]

[video=youtube_share;dSu2EYrj0Wc]http://youtu.be/dSu2EYrj0Wc[/video]

BUGGER YOU WARREN, BUGGER YOU WITH A BIG STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, Today i picked up an overtime shift that will mean I just CANNOT make this event. ARRRRRGGGGGGGGG. Oh well, i might just have to play with the S4 over the weekend and enjoy it just for fun. Great event idea mate, really gutted I can't make it.

Best of luck to every one.

possible to have a tuesday EU session at say - 19:00 GMT ??

Yes Chris, just sign up and request it.

Move me to Erik's.

Senad, there are others in the EUX session now, if you want to go back to your original choice?

............I just CANNOT make this event. ARRRRRGGGGGGGGG. ........ really gutted I can't make it.

What a bummer Rick, it was you who gave me the inspiration for this one. :frown: I knew you were a huge fan of Henri.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 38 26.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 29 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 9 6.3%