Rally - Group N Team Challenge 3 - Monday 25th & Tuesday 26th July 2011

13 drivers in OC, 12 drivers in EU, so their win is even more impressive :frown:
That is what you get for jumping the ship :wink: But with Sebastien on the team it made it easier for EU I think, I could not bellieve how far ahead he was on some of the stages. Well done everyone, and congratulations to the winning team :D

Man, I really went from one of my best rallies to one of my worst.

On SS2 I was really on point, I don't think I have ever made that car go so fast. Then SS3 I gambled on tire selection and ended up taking the wrong tires. Had a terrible stage and it ended up really killing my momentum and I had several bad stages after this. It was not until the last stages that I got some form of concentration back.

Oh well, it was a really fun rally! It was a nice reminder of what happens when I "push" and try to force speed I don't have.

I had a great rally overall. And half of that credit goes to the car in my opinion.
I loved the URT Subaru, like some others.

The car went well with my 540 degree combo i allways use (profiler and ingame).
It must be said it has an brake oversteer tendency wich keeps a bit hanging in the oversteer part, but loving the oversteer myself it works great in my hands.
Had some moments here and there, but never ever gave an engine part it's life on this one.
Hitting a tree while braking was quite allright, a spin etc, just nothing major.

A lovely combo of stages made the evening major funs yet again.
And i was a bit surprised at the end result after 8 sweaty stages.
Came in second in EU and that didn't change no more. Very glad here, very!

To celebrate that, here's my winning stage:
When i switch the camera from cockpit back to external, that moment i was quite lucky... almost dived off the cliff there...

Tx to organisers!

really nice pick and mix rally and great to take my old scooby out again (saves loads of time on setups :D)

well done to Swiders, but i think the finishing places are wrong. by my maths Roy should be 2nd with me tied on points in 3rd with Warren?

really nice pick and mix rally and great to take my old scooby out again (saves loads of time on setups :D)

well done to Swiders, but i think the finishing places are wrong. by my maths Roy should be 2nd with me tied on points in 3rd with Warren?

If you mean the total team points, I just left everything in the final finishing order, so they're not wrong.

EDIT: if you should be tied with Warren, then something is indeed a bit off. Will double check after the GTL race, but feel free to shout if you notice a mistake before I do.

If you mean the total team points, I just left everything in the final finishing order, so they're not wrong.

EDIT: if you should be tied with Warren, then something is indeed a bit off. Will double check after the GTL race, but feel free to shout if you notice a mistake before I do.

ok i just looked again and i`m sure the overall finishing positions are correct, but the points tally at the end must be wrong as Roy has more points than 2nd and 3rd place.

Good luck in your GTL Race :D

I need to go back to basics - the rally felt a lot better than the results showed, enjoyed the run but something is still missing. Thanks to the organising team - very testing stages and a nice balance and most of all, enjoyable.

Pete

But with Sebastien on the team it made it easier for EU I think, I could not bellieve how far ahead he was on some of the stages.

My times will not give a victory everytimes, look at the first "Group N Team Challenge" instead of my victory, the Aussie won :D
http://www.racedepartment.com/rbr-r...26th-tues-27th-july-2010-a-11.html#post572956

After the crash of my PC, I drove very fast to try to win all the other SS to give maximum points to EU team. I made great times for sure, maybe Jakub can go faster than me on SS7 but the other times are good.

First my Rally Report for the Race:

Quite a mixed night for me.

First up, the RD Teamspeak (and Website) went down sometime in the hour before the Event, which took away a lot of the fun that we usually have chatting over TS. :frown: Was this some form of European sabotage to put us Aussies off??? :wink:

My driving was a very mixed bag, many good stages but I threw in two shockers.
SS06 I managed two crashes, first rolling the car very early, and then a bit later, understeered into a tree. Both cost lots of time but somehow the car made it to the end, but not in very good condition. :redface:
SS07, I was rollicking along very well until the downhill sections towards the end. I bumped into the inside bank which then threw me wide on the next right hander, resulting in sliding off the cliff and wedging myself in the trees below. After trying unsuccessfuly to drive out of the trees, I had to CFH. The car was a mess and wobbled all over the road till the end, so it was a very slow, tricky drive to the finish. :tongue:

On SS01, I managed one of Senad's stunt driving tricks, getting the car on two wheels, and balancing it there for about 100 metres, before almost stopping to get it back on all fours again. :eek:

Overall, the Lancer Evo 9 felt ok, and the huge variation in Stages kept me on my toes.

Pity about the RD technical issues, it made me realise how much TS adds to these Events. :frown:

Now, the Overall Event Summary:

First up, congratulations to the European's for the Team win, well deserved. We Colonials now have to hand over the bragging rights, :trophy: . Even with a few Europeans sneaking into our team (including the Rally winner), we couldn't match the depth of the EU Team this time.

Grats to Daruisz for the Overall Rally win, his third now, and you should be pleased with this win mate, considering the variety of the Stages involved. A true, all-round performance. :thumb:
Well done to Hubert for second, a sign of great improvement there, so we can look forward to you battling with Norman to see who gets the first Rally win between you. :D
Well done to Nigel for third, yet another very good performance. You are now clearly one of our fastest Rally drivers. :)

Bad luck for Sebastien, again dominating most Stages.

Big welcome to Michael and Kenya to our Rally Club, hope you had fun and will be joining us regularly. :welcome::welcome:

Big thanks to Senad for his "Admin" duties, these Team Challenges give him a little more work to do. :thanks:

Hope you all enjoyed this one, and look forward to seeing if the European's can retain the trophy in 6 months time. :beer::ups:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.