Rally-Dry Gravel Mix - Mon 31st May & Tues 1st June 2010

Horrible...

Was okay in Finland, but I seriously sucked in France, and Japan was just awful... No major mistakes in France, just slow. I ran over some marshals in Japan, the bastards were hiding in the grass... On the last stage, 200 metres before the finish line, I braked too late, and slid down the mountain...

I saved all my replays (even though they're quite rubbish ;P) just like you asked, Senad. But please don't use my run of Rally School - my puny attempt at a "setup" resulted in me spinning, jumping out of control and generally losing loads of time on the best known stage in RBR (I know I'm capable of 1:19s in N4 car, 1:29 in WRC is worse than appalling).

Surprisingly I had only a few "bigger" moments (most memorable was the braking at the end of Spirkkakim, when my car just slid heading into a tree, fortunately it ended with only a gracious love tap, no harm done), hit just one photograph (it's rubbish, RSRBR should have built in no-marshal fix). Couldn't find my way in Finland - the roads are fine, but the non-snow-snowbanks are just ridiculous. Ended up pulling the handbrake pretty much every moment to fit the car between those heaps of who-know-what :). France was quite ridiculous-free, even Japan went so-so (I'm useless there usually, no offs this time though).

Can't wait to see all the results compared.

I saved all my replays (even though they're quite rubbish ;P) just like you asked, Senad.
Cool, thanks :). Email them to senad.subasic@gmail.com, or upload here, whichever is easier for you.

But please don't use my run of Rally School - my puny attempt at a "setup" resulted in me spinning, jumping out of control and generally losing loads of time on the best known stage in RBR (I know I'm capable of 1:19s in N4 car, 1:29 in WRC is worse than appalling).
Hehe, no worries. I have no idea what to do anyway, probably just a couple of corners or jumps from random stages. Will see.

Nice race, very challenging. Subaru a little bit to jumpy for my taste. I'll have to learn about WRC's. Killed a photograhp once and lost the car over a ridge, hit a couple of trees, but Lukasz was way ahead :redface: .

Sounds like a pretty wild ride for everyone.:) I think in every stage I managed to either kill the engine, crack the windshield, or have to backup because I missed a turn and nosed into a fence, tree, or dirt bank. I also have suspicions that there were some extra bumps added to Japan and Finland which my car had a magnetic attraction to.:)
Many thanks to Warren for getting things going.

I'm ready for the next one, but the pit crew is sending the driver to rally school for some remedial training...:D

I think you should watch them using similar settings as the original rally (try turning the gravel mod on, choosing the car pack and then clicking "Launch RBR SSE"). Warren surely knows what to do if this doesn't help :).

I think you should watch them using similar settings as the original rally (try turning the gravel mod on, choosing the car pack and then clicking "Launch RBR SSE"). Warren surely knows what to do if this doesn't help :).

Yep!! That should be how to do it. If you don't make the settings the same, you will get default. This also applies to weather settings too.

wow, another rally bites the dust :) Once again great fun, thanks guys. 2 stage wins ... yay ..... and then i rolled twice in the 2nd finland stage, once in the 3rd, couldn't get the car to turn in properly for the handbrakes on joux and then on cote let's not even go there about the 5 right, 5 left and ( pause .............. ) damn, there's a hairpin and i'm in it at 120k. Japan was a loss, my stupid driving cam position changed to something approaching totally undriveable and i had to turn the pacenotes off and try and adjust it on the go, not fun.

However, let's do it again soon :D

Warren, thankyou for setting it all up and all the hard work you do, it's much appreciated.

John

Some bad luck for you there John, you were looking pretty impressive early too. That's the thrill of Rallying though, one tiny mistake and the penalty is severe.
Not the best night for me either, had a big spin in the green stuff across the road in SS2 at Finland, that stuff seemed very slippery. I then managed to kill another spectator in SS4, but I'm pleading for leniency in my court case, because I reckon I barely winged him.
I found the Xsara to be not very nimble in the tough Japan stages too.

Still, we had a great amount of fun, especially in TS again, thanks guys.

Well done to Damien, once again showing us Aussies how to drive on gravel.

EDIT: Senad, I have PM'ed you my replays.

The pressure is killing me, I need to see the overall results! :D I have completely no idea how fast you Aussies are on gravel and I just need to know how do we look.

I'm really trying to not put the pressure on you, Warren, but I'm just like a little kid desperately needing a candy, which is just out of their reach.

Well you will have to wait a little longer, it's my bedtime now, and it takes me a couple of hours to pull everything together. :sleep:
Patience grasshopper, all will be revealed in about 12 hours time. :ups:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea