Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Allington

Wham!ming into Spanish rocks
wham---last-christmas-1513773293-article-0.jpg

RACEDEPARTMENT vs WHAM! 2018

The shelves are already stocked with Christmas cheer, which can only mean one thing - it's time for another rendition of RaceDepartment vs Wham! As previous players will know, the aim of the game is to make it to next year (2019) in your time zone without hearing any of the song Last Christmas by Wham!

This year it will be just as tricky as every other year, as the general public is still as keen as ever to blast out our eardrums with a song that only reached number 1 in two countries (Slovenia and Sweden)

Keep your wits about you, this song will be everywhere. Give us your tales of daring escapes and amazing Whammings!

Rules:
  • You must make it to new year in your time zone, this is the end point.
  • The original Wham! version is the only one that eliminates you. If you hear a cover version, it doesn't count as an elimination.
  • When you hear the song, it counts as being Whammed! and you must post that you were eliminated and how.
  • No bait and trapping on this thread. Any links to the video not clearly marked on this thread mean an instant disqualification for the user linking.
  • You have until 1st December to sign up, but the competition starts from when you sign up.
  • Be honest. If you have been Whammed! don't hide it.
  • This thread is a safe zone. Listening to the song on this thread doesn't count as a Whamming. Use it to check if what you heard was the original version or not.
Tips:
  • Don't trust anyone. If you tell someone you are doing this and they aren't, they will try to Wham! you - do not trust your family, friends, co-workers, strangers and, most importantly do not trust any other RD members! :confused:
  • If you do hear it start to play, you are out, so keep listening to see if it is the Wham! version or a cover, you could be lucky*.
  • Radio stations, TV channels and shops are all danger zones, be prepared to turn it off/leave/cover your ears and go "lalalalalalala". :whistling:
  • Turn the volume off before clicking links, there is no penalty for seeing the video.
*However, don't do what I did last year and assume that the next song in the playlist won't be the Wham! version

All in all, enjoy and don't get Whammed!

Signed-Up Users
Whammed! Users
  • 18/11 @Omer Said - Living the American dream.
  • 21/11 @Bram Hengeveld - None of the signups, double the Whammings! Bargain of the century!
  • 21/11 @Jimlaad43 - Remembered as a noble sacrifice: succumbing to a grave danger, but not without warning the rest of us!
  • 28/11 @Benutzername - You dung goofed.
  • 07/12 @JeroenH - At least you weren't Whammed! by the hold music.
  • 08/12 @oorjit07 - This is why I make my own playlists.
  • 09/12 @TTupsi - "Run, run as fast as you can! You can't catch escape me - I'm the gingerbread Wham!"
  • 09/12 @Rui F. Martins - There's a Whamming! sound when I start the car, could you check it out for me?
  • 12/12 @oldwolf - The music on the bus goes Wham Wham Wham!
  • 15/12 @Andrew - Given that you were watching TV, I'm surprised it took this long to be Whammed!
  • 19/12 @the_sigman - Whammed so hard that the shock kept him from reporting it until 10 days later Seeing glory & hearing gory
  • 22/12 @RasmusP - Rare case of someone actually being trustworthy after being told about the game. Still didn't help!
  • 25/12 @Aidan Keranen's sister - Surely it's a bit late to be advertising stuff for Christmas now?

Last edited:
I'm in! Got some nice fresh pair of noise cancelling headphones so it'll be a silent December for me in public :D
And who needs radio... If I need information I'll listen to "NDR info" which is part of one of the biggest northern Germany radio stations, but with info only, no music :p

By the way, I watched the clip completely for the first time now (did in this thread), what the heaven is this about? That guy and girl are cheating behind their partners and then move on their lifes like nothing happened?

By the way, I watched the clip completely for the first time now (did in this thread), what the heaven is this about? That guy and girl are cheating behind their partners and then move on their lifes like nothing happened?
Made even weirder a few years later when George Michael came out as gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 191 88.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 36 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 29 13.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 30 13.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 60 27.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 73 33.6%