Problem with IA in btb tracks.

Ok, I was unaware of that. No one has mentioned it before and I don't use VR so have never tested it.
If you run a trace maybe we can see what's causing the CTD in VR.
VR? I said V3=3dsimed version 3. The track opened in this version. But, don't worry about that; The important thing is that I was able to visualize the track in this version, I just can't study it easily, because I'm not very familiar with this version.

Yes, in fact, all the previous tips for making the walls solid are correct! In fact, all the tips correlate and if any of these indicated configurations are missing at any point, simply, the walls cease to be solid. What I lacked was precisely the understanding of item 1 elaborated by Caribstu, besides my English being bad, I was not very familiar with BTB and I didn't understand what the term "Corridors" really meant, sorry for that.

Well, I even understood that the problem of walls being passable was actually related to a problem generated in BTB, but I didn't understand why that was. I then did a deeper dive into the BTB in order to understand why several circuits generated by some modelers are presenting this problem and, I'm sorry, but the problem is generated by the modelers who generate large circuits, but do not edit the corridor lines correctly, that is, the BTB manual itself instructs on how to limit the boundary lines so that walls become solid:

Corridors

rFactor defines the space available either side of the Centerline and Pitlane by using Corridors that mark the left/right edges of the road and left/right edges of the boundaries.

The Corridors for the Centerline are by default the same as the road width. The Pitlane's Corridors are simply set to a default size.

The Green and Red lines can be widened or narrowed by clicking on their ends and moving them from side to side. Only the brighter lines can be edited, the duller Greena dn Red lines show the interpolated values that will be exported.

The Green lines represent the driveable road where the cars should try to be contained within. This should match the edges of the road.

The Red lines show where the cars could run off to before they hit something. Move them in so that they are inside and collideable object such as a wall or tyres.

And in that link, Piddy gives you the precise instructions to set this up:

In the images below, we see this instruction completely ignored, so the AIs are given a "clearance" to pass through the walls. Of course, in addition to this authorization, there is still in some cases the aggravating factor of the recommendations of friends' tips also being ignored, textures without double faces, materials that do not correspond to what the TDF determines and etc; As I said, it's a set of configurations.

Solidwalls.jpg

Solidwalls00.jpg

Intering in the wall.jpg

Well, since the AIW G4.22 editor is a program that doesn't allow us to see the objects that are inserted in the track, it becomes almost impossible to fix the problem with it. The best thing is that modelers – I mainly cite ElWeon18 and Andres_Ramos who have a large number of circuits of enormous quality, but who failed to understand the process, I suggest that they revisit these works and can offer an upgrade of their AIW to the community, because they have the initial project and with that everything becomes easier. (an addendum, I had already said here on RD and I repeat: AIW is the soul of a circuit(!) and I didn't even know this detail that it is also helps to solidify such walls... some think that AIW is merely a conduit of AI, but I still maintain that it is much more than that.)

However, there is a way to fix the problem even in the BTB itself... it's a more complicated process because we won't have the objects in sight yet, but only the track itself, but at least we'll have the exact limit of it, something that in G4.22 that's not possible either. Through the CSV file exported by 3dsimed we can import the track to the BTB and start building a new AIW. I did this process with three circuits that presented the problem of passable walls: Mooroolbark, BelinEprix and Jakarta, in all of them I was successful in producing solid walls. Of course, I don't want solid walls to have accidents, but rather so that when accidents occur the AIs can stop at the wall and not go through them. In addition, without the limitation, in many cases the AI seeks to overtake inside the walls, which aesthetically speaking makes the thing very unpleasant to see.

Well, I'm glad I finally understood the problem and solved it; I don't know if RF users know this detail, but each individual user's name is listed in the RF credits, something that the creators of this game cleverly generated out of respect for all of us; Take a look at the credits at the exit of the game and see if their names aren't there... I saw mine as soon as I installed it, a year ago, and it makes me very proud to know that I am someone who contributes to this great work.

Community.jpg

I end here thanking all those who sought to help in some way, everyone who contributes with something more to continue building this great game that is RF; Everyone is important to me, thank you so much!

Edit: sorry, the titles of the images that show the lines of the corridors going beyond the walls are named as Solidwalls, when in fact they are the opposite in NO(!!) Solidwalls, ok?!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back