PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass

Misc PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass PopsRacer v2021.10.31 - Full SOP w two versions

Login or Register an account to download this content
The physics are very much to blame for some of PC2's issues as well as the FFB. The black hole curbs that pull you in so strongly that you ridiculously over correct the wheel to get out of them before being pulled into the grass is ridiculous at times and has nothing to do with FFB. Cars feeling as though they pivot from the middle of the car instead of the front wheels is another issue that FFB just can't correct. And you're correct, the diff is weird. On each car I drive I usually have to open the diff fully, and then add in whatever it needs, be it power, coast or preload (or ratios) to get it feeling right. More times than not, the power being as close to fully open, 90 degrees, can make a car feel better. This also helps me in AMS2 as well.
You did a good job on the FFB though, I think there's just things that are out of reach of the FFB file going on.

Cars feeling as though they pivot from the middle of the car instead of the front wheels is another issue that FFB just can't correct.
I never got that sensation. I've heard of that before. It may exist, but it just felt fine to me. Have you ever tried it in VR? Does it do it then, otherwise I would have guessed perspective or virtual seating position?
The black hole curbs that pull you in so strongly that you ridiculously over correct
Other mainstream sims drive over curbs exactly as if it was a perfectly smooth road, not disturbing the car at 100mph, but just with the fake curb FFB. Curbs and grass do affect cars. I wish someone would get it right...
I think there's just things that are out of reach of the FFB file going on.
I agree.

absolutely; i'd argue that the Madness engine is a bit of a marvel in terms of physics engineering and the level of customizability it brings. considering it was built from the ground up, they did an amazing job. So much more potential can be extracted from it, which is proven with each AMS2 update if i'm being honest.

If only someone would try to port over some of the stuff from AMS2 to PC2, or vice versa, especially in terms of content; i switch back and forth between both recently because of it.

vintage F1 cars around old spa, and the le mans cars and track of the sixties :inlove:, i prefer the handling in AMS2 but that doesn't have the le mans stuff so...

Madness engine is a bit of a marvel in terms of physics engineering…. considering it was built from the ground up
….It wasn’t built from the ground up. It was a forked project from the ISI motor engine. It seems all sim racing games have a history based from the ISI motor engine…. RF2, RR, iRacing, and more. Everyone has added their own code, and tweaked things to their teams likings. For example the SETA tire model vs RF2’s preset look up table tire model. All systems have their + and -. None are perfect. Enjoy and play whatever you enjoy… people are too quick to point out the negative and don’t focus on what’s good about each game.
port over some of the stuff from AMS2 to PC2
I’ve tried Mods in PC2 and know they exist for AMS2. Only cars seem to be able to be implemented. Maybe someday I will delve into learning car mods and the physics that are within each car.

Last edited:
Just bought a Logitech DD GPRO wheel to replace my beloved TSPC racer
Loved the feeling your custom file gave on the thrustmaster wheel so I have high hopes now using a DD wheel
Will report my findings in next few days and certainly ask questions too
Thanks again for sharing your hard work to the community

Ok
so after hours of testing this is where my head is at right now. Overall its an improvement over the use of my beloved TSPC Racer, I really feel the Game is unleashing all its potential with this DD wheel and the features included in the Logitech especially changing parameters on the fly make it a bliss to play with various cars

I have settled on 2 different approaches that are giving me great feeling with the 3 cars I have tested on various tracks (the 458, AMG GT3 and Vette C7R)

1. Wheel drivers Strength 7,5Nm Damping 30 Filter 11 In Game Flavour Immersive Gain 100 Volume 100 Tone 100 FX 50
2. Wheel drivers Strength 7,5Nm Damping 10 Filter 11 In Game Flavour Custom PopsRacerFFB v2021.10.11_Full SOP Chassis (MID to DD) Gain 100 Volume 100 Tone 100 FX 50

I had to reduce Damping with the use of your Custom file as I feel its already dampened actually

The Trueforce setting is useless in PC2 as far as I can tell, changing values from 0 to 100 makes no difference

Only pain is that the wheel is obviously not officially supported so all joystick and buttons to navigate in the Game menu on other Sims dont work here so its keyboard&mouse again

anyway things for thoughts and I really hope to see someday other DD GPRO wheel fellows to pots over here and share their experience

2. Wheel drivers Strength 7,5Nm Damping 10 Filter 11 In Game Flavour Custom PopsRacerFFB v2021.10.11_Full SOP Chassis (MID to DD) Gain 100 Volume 100 Tone 100 FX 50
I'm very glad that PC2 still works with Logitech's DD wheel. Very cool! Is there a reason why you are using v2021.10.11 and not v2021.10.31 ?

I've always left the wheelbase to the full potential power and limited the strength from the game. I think this is a more typical usage. Is there a reason you are limiting the wheelbase force vs the game?

This weekend I just installed my new Fanatec Podium DD2 wheelbase. My upgrade path has been Logitech G27 > Fanatec CSW v2.5 > Fanatec CSL-DD > and now the DD2. The DD2 blows everything else I've owned away, including the CSL-DD. The CSL-DD was a very minor upgrade compared to the v2.5 until I figured out the scaling setting available in their newer wheelbase, but on the DD2 I don't use the Peak scaling as it has so enough force to sustain on normal, which gives a more robust and alive feeling of everything. It eliminates every scenario where I'd get any clipping.

With my more powerful wheelbase, I may release a unique FFB for higher-powered DD wheelbases. Stay tuned!

btw- with the DD2 wheelbase screen, I can finally see what force strengths are being used. From my brief testing so far, it seems 9 Nm to 16 Nm are very usable peak forces. I think Logitech and Thrustmaster's new offerings have good power offerings.

I'm very glad that PC2 still works with Logitech's DD wheel. Very cool! Is there a reason why you are using v2021.10.11 and not v2021.10.31 ?

I've always left the wheelbase to the full potential power and limited the strength from the game. I think this is a more typical usage. Is there a reason you are limiting the wheelbase force vs the game?

This weekend I just installed my new Fanatec Podium DD2 wheelbase. My upgrade path has been Logitech G27 > Fanatec CSW v2.5 > Fanatec CSL-DD > and now the DD2. The DD2 blows everything else I've owned away, including the CSL-DD. The CSL-DD was a very minor upgrade compared to the v2.5 until I figured out the scaling setting available in their newer wheelbase, but on the DD2 I don't use the Peak scaling as it has so enough force to sustain on normal, which gives a more robust and alive feeling of everything. It eliminates every scenario where I'd get any clipping.

With my more powerful wheelbase, I may release a unique FFB for higher-powered DD wheelbases. Stay tuned!

btw- with the DD2 wheelbase screen, I can finally see what force strengths are being used. From my brief testing so far, it seems 9 Nm to 16 Nm are very usable peak forces. I think Logitech and Thrustmaster's new offerings have good power offerings.
Please do. Another DD2 user here so looking forward to it.

Hello, appreciate you took the time to reply.

Ii remember testing very briefly the latest file on the TSPC but it didnt bring much benefit. Again it might be related to very short time spent there so I will give it a try with my DD.
I don't set the Logitech to its max torque of 11Nm, you are right. I have at least for the week of usage preferred to settle on around 8Nm and not touch much the FFB strength in the various Sims I am using.
but I understand your approach for sure as I might miss some wheel dynamic potential so I will do some more testing here as well.

what's really good with the Logitech compared to the other wheels I was looking at is the set of features and it also has the Live Torque on display which is really cool

it would be fantastic if you had the time to spend on making a dedicated High End DD custom file indeed but don't feel obliged to obviously
thanks again for sharing your work

did several new tests adding the Catheram in the lot and using this time your latest file and..........I am loving it!
This wheel is so great in combination with Custom file in PC2, very well worth the $800 I paid for.
Really appreciate again the time and efforts you put into this work:geek:

Hi, i have a thrustmaster t-gt2, anyone that use this ffb files with this wheel or t-gt? whats its the right setting in control panel?? And what is the right file? Mid dd or t300? thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, i have a thrustmaster t-gt2, anyone that use this ffb files with this wheel or t-gt? whats its the right setting in control panel?? And what is the right file? Mid dd or t300? thanks!
I don't know much about the TGT2, but I'd guess it's a MID range wheelbase, similar to the Fanatec CSW v2.5 belt driven wheel. I'd give that file a try w/ your default Thrustmaster control panel settings. In PC2 use the default sliders and config. In PC2 you can always start w the FFB volume down and bind a button on your wheel to adjust the volume on the fly. If the MID to DD doesn't work well go for the T300. The difference in the T300 is more smoothing (dampening) and compensation for the center slop in that wheelbase.

I don't know much about the TGT2, but I'd guess it's a MID range wheelbase, similar to the Fanatec CSW v2.5 belt driven wheel. I'd give that file a try w/ your default Thrustmaster control panel settings. In PC2 use the default sliders and config. In PC2 you can always start w the FFB volume down and bind a button on your wheel to adjust the volume on the fly. If the MID to DD doesn't work well go for the T300. The difference in the T300 is more smoothing (dampening) and compensation for the center slop in that wheelbase.
Thanks! I set only ovetall ffb to 75 (like every other sim) and constant 100 all other option in control panel to 0 and ingame set gain 100 and other to 50 and fx 30, now its wonderful!! Its like ACC...i dont understand, your ffb file, work on every tracks and every cars Incuded mod cars? Thanks again

Last edited:
...i dont understand, your ffb file, work on every tracks and every cars Incuded mod cars? Thanks again
I don't exactly understand your question... Any FFB file, custom or built into the game will work on every track and car, but just like in every sim some cars and some tracks are better.

I don't exactly understand your question... Any FFB file, custom or built into the game will work on every track and car, but just like in every sim some cars and some tracks are better.
Ok, perfect, my question its beacause mod cars its an extra of original game and i don't understand if this file can work with the extra cars, beaceuse work with tyre and phisics of car...but if work with all car its perfect

Ok, perfect, my question its beacause mod cars its an extra of original game and i don't understand if this file can work with the extra cars, beaceuse work with tyre and phisics of car...but if work with all car its perfect
Yes. This works w all cars, including MOD cars in PC2.

***Lots of mod cars are borrowed from other sims. Please be conscientious of this and support those sims as well. For the good and bad of it, this happens on all sims ‍♂️

Hi - A bit of a noob when it comes to PC2 modding.

I have a fanatec DD2, Any recommended settings for this wheel, and which ffb file/settings to use?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back