Nashville Street Circuit

Tracks Nashville Street Circuit 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
ElWeon18 submitted a new resource:

Nashville Street Circuit - Indycar nashville music city gp

Read more about this resource...
Well... as I said earlier, I'm fond of and a fan of LFT work, but that doesn't mean they're perfect works; What are they? Please, I am far from criticizing such works as they are of high value to me! But, one of the things that presents itself as problems, and I've talked to ElWeon18 and he acknowledged having some bug in his BTB that generates this problem, are the walls of his circuits being transferable to the AI... well, as I find this extremely unpleasant aesthetically speaking, I try to work the AIW so that this doesn't happen anymore... Not very often, but in overtaking it becomes almost impossible to control...

I don't know exactly what mod the original AIW was used for the setup, but within my observation, I believe it wasn't set up for a specific mod... it was actually the original AIW edited in the BTB itself, and with that, I observed a constant frequency of cars crossing the walls throughout the circuit, either when making the shots of the corners, or making the turns or even at the exits of the corners... so I edited an AIW trying to edit the path of the AIs and their boundaries so that they avoid collision with the walls and don't invade them, since there is no collision... This object (wall) does not carry the collision not for lack of configuration in the SCN, but, as I said, there is no collision due to a bug generated by the BTB; and this is unfortunate because I like the LFT circuits precisely because they are narrow circuits, because I admire them, but since there is really this bug in BTB, as a suggestion I can only pass that it would be interesting for the LFT to focus on working with more open circuits, without so many walls around; Certainly, within the quality that the group works, I believe that they will be works as good as the ones I already know and admire!

That's the AIW link I edited (https://mega.nz/file/gZci1ZqI#0MfRnVWmatfX-C4mjYbQ1CbX4gKrbiL_vRHNZ3_MsAA), remembering that what I did was just to get the AIs away from the walls, but for sure, the AIW can be improved to avoid the walls and also gain better performances... I haven't thought about performance and hope that someone with more ability can also edit a better AIW than mine and share it with everyone who admires such work!

If you can leave some comment with your experiences: say which mod you play with and if AIW was efficient, if it improved, if it worsened... try the original AIW and the one edited by me make the comparisons and post your experiences; I'd like to know if I helped with this or didn't it make a difference... feel free to share these experiences, okay?!

I know is that in the mod I play, the F1 CTDP2005, the result is perfect, but still bad when two or three cars meet and seek overtaking... Could someone work on this for the group?

Hugs

Well... as I said earlier, I'm fond of and a fan of LFT work, but that doesn't mean they're perfect works; What are they? Please, I am far from criticizing such works as they are of high value to me! But, one of the things that presents itself as problems, and I've talked to ElWeon18 and he acknowledged having some bug in his BTB that generates this problem, are the walls of his circuits being transferable to the AI... well, as I find this extremely unpleasant aesthetically speaking, I try to work the AIW so that this doesn't happen anymore... Not very often, but in overtaking it becomes almost impossible to control...

I don't know exactly what mod the original AIW was used for the setup, but within my observation, I believe it wasn't set up for a specific mod... it was actually the original AIW edited in the BTB itself, and with that, I observed a constant frequency of cars crossing the walls throughout the circuit, either when making the shots of the corners, or making the turns or even at the exits of the corners... so I edited an AIW trying to edit the path of the AIs and their boundaries so that they avoid collision with the walls and don't invade them, since there is no collision... This object (wall) does not carry the collision not for lack of configuration in the SCN, but, as I said, there is no collision due to a bug generated by the BTB; and this is unfortunate because I like the LFT circuits precisely because they are narrow circuits, because I admire them, but since there is really this bug in BTB, as a suggestion I can only pass that it would be interesting for the LFT to focus on working with more open circuits, without so many walls around; Certainly, within the quality that the group works, I believe that they will be works as good as the ones I already know and admire!

That's the AIW link I edited (https://mega.nz/file/gZci1ZqI#0MfRnVWmatfX-C4mjYbQ1CbX4gKrbiL_vRHNZ3_MsAA), remembering that what I did was just to get the AIs away from the walls, but for sure, the AIW can be improved to avoid the walls and also gain better performances... I haven't thought about performance and hope that someone with more ability can also edit a better AIW than mine and share it with everyone who admires such work!

If you can leave some comment with your experiences: say which mod you play with and if AIW was efficient, if it improved, if it worsened... try the original AIW and the one edited by me make the comparisons and post your experiences; I'd like to know if I helped with this or didn't it make a difference... feel free to share these experiences, okay?!

I know is that in the mod I play, the F1 CTDP2005, the result is perfect, but still bad when two or three cars meet and seek overtaking... Could someone work on this for the group?

Hugs
Thanks for your fixed AIW! AI racing GPS has been improved significantly in it.

Thanks for your fixed AIW! AI racing GPS has been improved significantly in it.
Thanks for the feedback; It is very important for me to know if I am getting close to good results, since I would try harder if it were the other way around. Of course, I still expect some good AIW programmers to also work better on it (AIW), since I believe they have more capable people than me who can generate more quality of performance in this AIW, without leaving the cars crashing into the walls.

Hugs!

Link for object startlight:

I set it up for myself and it doesn't hurt to share, feel free, of course, to modify the banner if you prefer.

Don't forget to configure the SCN by checking in the object; in mine I set it up like this:

Instance=startlight

{

MeshFile=startlight.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(dynamic,solid,64,64)

}

If you want just copy and paste into SCN.

Edit:
Oh yes, and for those who bother, just as I do, with the helicopter flying backwards, just put the negative sign in front of the 1 of rotatey1_1119 (Staying like this: Instance=rotatey-1_1119) in the description of the object in the SCN programming; or copy the lines below (important: only modify the instance and not the mesh!):

Instance=rotatey-1_1119

{

Moveable=True VisGroups=(32)

MeshFile=rotatey1_1119.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=False

}

Last edited:
Hi. I've been reading all your coments, and I'm glad that you guys make the track better. Also would you mind to share me the way you improve the AIW? Cause I had some rFactor utilities but recently I lost all of them due a factory reset to my PC. Thanks.

Hi. I've been reading all your coments, and I'm glad that you guys make the track better. Also would you mind to share me the way you improve the AIW? Cause I had some rFactor utilities but recently I lost all of them due a factory reset to my PC. Thanks.
I improve the route lines and limits using the AIW editor guitarmaen AIW CAM Editor 422: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/guitarmaen-aiw-cam-editor.54199/download

There are quite precise instructions as to how to work in the editor on the download page itself and also in the various forums scattered around the RD.

As for how to improve an AIW, there is no exact formula... there's trial and error and testing (lots of testing!) until you tailor the AI behaviors to the way you want to deploy in the circuit.

Now, one thing I ended up noticing in your AIW: there is some conflict in it that I do not know how to explain properly, but, as I use the display with information about distances and positions of the opponents on my steering wheel, in a certain stretch of the circuit (on the back straight) this information goes crazy ... positions are lost and the opponents behind and in front switch all the time... Then, at the end of the straight, everything goes back to normal. I don't know if you understand what I mean, but from what I know in my game that's not normal at all... It's a conflict I've never seen like it in any circuit, so I'm having a hard time finding a solution... I thought it might be something related to Xsector 1 and 2, but I changed the positions of both and nothing changed... what is looking to me is that the AIW was bad configured on the BTB itself and that fixing this could only be done on the BTB itself... I don't know, it doesn't seem like something I can edit in Editor 422; At first, as I said, as I have never faced this kind of problem, I am at a loss about it.

Maybe someone more experienced can help build a better AIW than ours... I've been talking about this since the beginning, but so far no one has shown up... Anyway, good luck to us...

Hugs

Awesome! I really wanna ask very kindly for a GTR2 version as well. This is one highly anticipated and even a mus(k)t have track if you are an Indycar-Fan like moi. Thank you for maybe considering it!

Awesome! I really wanna ask very kindly for a GTR2 version as well. This is one highly anticipated and even a mus(k)t have track if you are an Indycar-Fan like moi. Thank you for maybe considering it!
So... man, as for the conversion to GTR2, I personally don't, but maybe you should look for abrimaal here on RD; it has a job aimed at converting tracks to GTR2 and works with great quality! Present the clue to him and see if he is interested in the project; I believe this is the best way.

Oh yes, and you also have to see if the LFT would agree with this conversion... I think so, but better to ask.

Hugs

About the small problem with the display that I reported, as I suspected, I believe that the problem was generated when configuring the AIW in BTB; After all, I understand that it did not even go through any external editor which was eventually confirmed by the author of the clue himself. Well, and as I suspected also the conflict was being generated by one of the two; In this case, I understand that it is in Xsector 1. In fact, as I said earlier, I had never seen this problem in any other circuit and therefore had never paid much attention to the lines that demarcate the xsector 1 and 2, as well as the xfinesh... But, looking for a solution, I ended up visualizing the lines of the sectors and saw that the line that is demarcated to meet the xsector1 does not correspond to the place where the corresponding mesh object is and this is probably the generator of the conflict described. I've already changed several xsector objects of various circuits, even to fix some other type of conflict and always got good results, but now this does not occur and I can not give solution to the problem, because I believe that it can only be solved from the original by redoing it in BTB and this is a kind of non-transferable thing... I've never done that action so I don't know... but I believe that if the LFT group remakes it the conflict will disappear... even if I re-edit it in the AIW format that was made available in the download along with the track, and that is bad, I, having the sectors well demarcated, could redo the strokes and offer an even better AIW... in short, it is at the discretion of the creators of the track; I'm available to help.
AIW Nashville.jpg

Just as a reminder I want to say that this conflict is a tiny thing for us to call a problem... You can run very well on the circuit and this is just a detail that bothers you, but not much. In fact, I use this detail because I run without rear-view mirrors and all the control I do with the car that is behind me I do it observing the distance of time that I have from this car, that is, my rearview mirror is my display so I am very attentive to it and this small conflict causes me only a small loss, something that I know many pilots don't even go through, because they use rear-view mirrors... Anyway, I'm just trying to fix one thing a lot more for myself than for others...

Hugs

So... man, as for the conversion to GTR2, I personally don't, but maybe you should look for abrimaal here on RD; it has a job aimed at converting tracks to GTR2 and works with great quality! Present the clue to him and see if he is interested in the project; I believe this is the best way.

Oh yes, and you also have to see if the LFT would agree with this conversion... I think so, but better to ask.

Hugs
Yeah, I have no problems with a conversion. Again, always keep the credits in the loading screen.

About the small problem with the display that I reported, as I suspected, I believe that the problem was generated when configuring the AIW in BTB; After all, I understand that it did not even go through any external editor which was eventually confirmed by the author of the clue himself. Well, and as I suspected also the conflict was being generated by one of the two; In this case, I understand that it is in Xsector 1. In fact, as I said earlier, I had never seen this problem in any other circuit and therefore had never paid much attention to the lines that demarcate the xsector 1 and 2, as well as the xfinesh... But, looking for a solution, I ended up visualizing the lines of the sectors and saw that the line that is demarcated to meet the xsector1 does not correspond to the place where the corresponding mesh object is and this is probably the generator of the conflict described. I've already changed several xsector objects of various circuits, even to fix some other type of conflict and always got good results, but now this does not occur and I can not give solution to the problem, because I believe that it can only be solved from the original by redoing it in BTB and this is a kind of non-transferable thing... I've never done that action so I don't know... but I believe that if the LFT group remakes it the conflict will disappear... even if I re-edit it in the AIW format that was made available in the download along with the track, and that is bad, I, having the sectors well demarcated, could redo the strokes and offer an even better AIW... in short, it is at the discretion of the creators of the track; I'm available to help.View attachment 686722

Just as a reminder I want to say that this conflict is a tiny thing for us to call a problem... You can run very well on the circuit and this is just a detail that bothers you, but not much. In fact, I use this detail because I run without rear-view mirrors and all the control I do with the car that is behind me I do it observing the distance of time that I have from this car, that is, my rearview mirror is my display so I am very attentive to it and this small conflict causes me only a small loss, something that I know many pilots don't even go through, because they use rear-view mirrors... Anyway, I'm just trying to fix one thing a lot more for myself than for others...

Hugs
Hi. I guess that the problem it's a bug in the sector times, right? I was worried about that issue cause BTB have a bug itself. If the starting point of the track is after the sector 1 (like F.E tracks where pitlane it's in a different place, the starting grid in other and the finish in other too), the track will get that issue (even if you have GID plugin, the sectors are no separated, it's all yellow). If the sector 1 is after the starting point (like in the majority of the tracks) it will run correctly.
I couldn't find the solution at time because I had to upload the track due to my last free day.
I will take a look anyways. Thanks for the interest.

Hi. I guess that the problem it's a bug in the sector times, right? I was worried about that issue cause BTB have a bug itself. If the starting point of the track is after the sector 1 (like F.E tracks where pitlane it's in a different place, the starting grid in other and the finish in other too), the track will get that issue (even if you have GID plugin, the sectors are no separated, it's all yellow). If the sector 1 is after the starting point (like in the majority of the tracks) it will run correctly.
I couldn't find the solution at time because I had to upload the track due to my last free day.
I will take a look anyways. Thanks for the interest.
Well... I found a way to organize Xsector 1 that eliminates the bug, but... it's kind of a weird thing... Anyway, actually, in the training sessions, I didn't notice any bugs... The times are marking correctly in all three sectors and for me it is ok; The problem for me, as I said, is during the races, where on the stretch of the return straight the display goes crazy. Based on my observations, and with the clarification of the cause of the problem generated by BTB, I understood that, in fact, the game is even mixing the sectors xfinish and xsector1, that is, in the position in which the two sectors are, the game is confused with "thinks" that you are entering the 3rd sector (xfinish), "skipping" sector 2 (xsector2), But when we reach this sector 2 the game reorganizes itself and everything goes back to normal... anyway, hard to explain... But then what I did was put the object xsector1 after the exit curve of the sector xfinish... Any position prior to this curve that places Xsector1 the bug presents itself, even if the conflict time decreases, it does not end... So the solution I found was in that position. Well, with that I pushed xsector2 further forward because actually the best position for xsector1 now put is where xsector2 was. In this way, the bug disappeared completely and, during the race, there is no longer any problem with the display that now perfectly marks the positions of the cars that are in front and behind and its own position.

Of course, with this new positioning, the sectors have now become quite disproportionate... Sector 1 occupied a large extension, perhaps more than 50% of the circuit and sectors 2 and 3 were greatly reduced... For now, for me this is not a problem, but it may be for others... So what I suggest is:

• use the original two xsector during practice and qualifying (don't put the two objects, xsector, 1 and 2, which I'm sending in the Nashville track folder), as both sectors are mostly used for time observations during these sessions and are perfectly functional;
  • when they leave for the race, put the two objects xsector1 and xsector2 that I am sending in the Nashville track folder and there will be no bug during the race;
  • The third option is to simply accept that sectors 2 and 3 are now much shorter than sector 1 by definitely putting both files I'm sending in the Nashville folder, whether for practice and qualifying, or for racing... There will be no bug and no warming of the head to keep taking files to and fro... in addition, just doing a reissue on BTB AIW, which is beyond my means, because only the creators of the track can do it.
after_before.jpg

link for xsectors: https://mega.nz/file/hAczyagY#8OJRPElPwnmrKRAMRYFFZ8DWED7O_F91jacJWgLj0Zo
Doubts?

Hugs

Last edited:
Well... I found a way to organize Xsector 1 that eliminates the bug, but... it's kind of a weird thing... Anyway, actually, in the training sessions, I didn't notice any bugs... The times are marking correctly in all three sectors and for me it is ok; The problem for me, as I said, is during the races, where on the stretch of the return straight the display goes crazy. Based on my observations, and with the clarification of the cause of the problem generated by BTB, I understood that, in fact, the game is even mixing the sectors xfinish and xsector1, that is, in the position in which the two sectors are, the game is confused with "thinks" that you are entering the 3rd sector (xfinish), "skipping" sector 2 (xsector2), But when we reach this sector 2 the game reorganizes itself and everything goes back to normal... anyway, hard to explain... But then what I did was put the object xsector1 after the exit curve of the sector xfinish... Any position prior to this curve that places Xsector1 the bug presents itself, even if the conflict time decreases, it does not end... So the solution I found was in that position. Well, with that I pushed xsector2 further forward because actually the best position for xsector1 now put is where xsector2 was. In this way, the bug disappeared completely and, during the race, there is no longer any problem with the display that now perfectly marks the positions of the cars that are in front and behind and its own position.

Of course, with this new positioning, the sectors have now become quite disproportionate... Sector 1 occupied a large extension, perhaps more than 50% of the circuit and sectors 2 and 3 were greatly reduced... For now, for me this is not a problem, but it may be for others... So what I suggest is:

• use the original two xsector during practice and qualifying (don't put the two objects, xsector, 1 and 2, which I'm sending in the Nashville track folder), as both sectors are mostly used for time observations during these sessions and are perfectly functional;
  • when they leave for the race, put the two objects xsector1 and xsector2 that I am sending in the Nashville track folder and there will be no bug during the race;
  • The third option is to simply accept that sectors 2 and 3 are now much shorter than sector 1 by definitely putting both files I'm sending in the Nashville folder, whether for practice and qualifying, or for racing... There will be no bug and no warming of the head to keep taking files to and fro... in addition, just doing a reissue on BTB AIW, which is beyond my means, because only the creators of the track can do it.
View attachment 686866
link for xsectors: https://mega.nz/file/hAczyagY#8OJRPElPwnmrKRAMRYFFZ8DWED7O_F91jacJWgLj0Zo
Doubts?

Hugs
Hi! Well the solution that you mentioned of reducing the sectors 2 and 3 was what I thought. But the problem is that in the real indycar track, are not like that.
Anyways, I will take a look the link that you send me. Thanks.

ElWeon18 submitted a new resource:

Nashville Street Circuit - Indycar nashville music city gp

Read more about this resource...
Hi ElWeon18. I already converted another track of yours (Paris e-Prix 2019) and I want to convert Nashville. I ask your permission, please. And I want to give a big congratulations to Finno Zidjian for fixing the AIW. AI's no longer collide with walls. Great job Finn! great job too, ElWeon18 !
P.S.: I'm already converting and doing the first tests on GTR2

Hi ElWeon18. I already converted another track of yours (Paris e-Prix 2019) and I want to convert Nashville. I ask your permission, please. And I want to give a big congratulations to Finno Zidjian for fixing the AIW. AI's no longer collide with walls. Great job Finn! great job too, ElWeon18 !

Hi, Sergio!

Thank you for appreciating my work at AIW! Really, I freed the AIs from the walls and the quality of the race improved a lot, but I still think it's flawed... When the cars are very grouped, for example, there is always some car looking for another line and ends up penetrating the wall... That's pretty hard to control. I also warn that the AIW I set up is based on F1 cars and that for other modalities it would always be interesting for other programmers to review my AIW to seek quality for their mods in a complete way, as there are some differences to be considered.

One detail in your video caught my eye: there are no traffic lights on the starting line in the original work; Sorry, it may be that this is purposeful, but it may have been an oversight... anyway, I like to have a start with the traffic lights so I produced them and posted this object in a link above... I do not know if you did not see this post or if you want to follow the original project, but, as I did not see it in your video, this doubt arose and so I am alerting you of the existence of this object, ok?!

Well, when a work has quality it deserves all the care and attention that can be had and I am happy, for the LFT group and also for me to be able to contribute; The care and attention of people who are interested in further improving this quality values not only the track, but the game itself! And the dissemination of this work in conversions to other modalities is an important part of this process, because it also values these other modalities, so congratulations also for your conversion!

Hugs

Hi, Sergio!

Thank you for appreciating my work at AIW! Really, I freed the AIs from the walls and the quality of the race improved a lot, but I still think it's flawed... When the cars are very grouped, for example, there is always some car looking for another line and ends up penetrating the wall... That's pretty hard to control. I also warn that the AIW I set up is based on F1 cars and that for other modalities it would always be interesting for other programmers to review my AIW to seek quality for their mods in a complete way, as there are some differences to be considered.

One detail in your video caught my eye: there are no traffic lights on the starting line in the original work; Sorry, it may be that this is purposeful, but it may have been an oversight... anyway, I like to have a start with the traffic lights so I produced them and posted this object in a link above... I do not know if you did not see this post or if you want to follow the original project, but, as I did not see it in your video, this doubt arose and so I am alerting you of the existence of this object, ok?!

Well, when a work has quality it deserves all the care and attention that can be had and I am happy, for the LFT group and also for me to be able to contribute; The care and attention of people who are interested in further improving this quality values not only the track, but the game itself! And the dissemination of this work in conversions to other modalities is an important part of this process, because it also values these other modalities, so congratulations also for your conversion!

Hugs
Hi Finno! I see this quality in what you do and write. And that's about it...you're right. And I saw and already saved your startlight. I will use it for sure. It deserves one more congratulations for that!... I haven't put it on yet, because I'm in the first track tests. But I'm already running it. And the look of the bridge with the river below is awesome...very good. There's only one detail with the AI's: I thought they were a little slower on somes turns (90º turns). I plan to check this out in AIW. If I can improve, I'll let you know and post the file here. Greetings !

Last edited:
Hi Finno! I see this quality in what you do and write. And that's about it...you're right. And I saw and already saved your startlight. I will use it for sure. It deserves one more congratulations for that!... I haven't put it on yet, because I'm in the first track tests. But I'm already running it. And the look of the bridge with the river below is awesome...very good. There's only one detail with the AI's: I thought they were a little slower on somes turns (90º turns). I plan to check this out in AIW. If I can improve, I'll let you know and post the file here. Greetings !
Hi, Sergio!

Man, your comments brought me happiness; Thank you very much!!

As for the slowness of the AI, I fully agree with your observation and ask that you please read all the comments above so that you can update yourself on what has already been done and commented on, as I had already explained the subject of slowness previously, i.e. what I did was to limit as much as I could the actions of the AIs so that they did not advance over the walls, to then worry about performance, but I haven't worked on this issue until then, since I'm short on time for so many tests..., in fact, I was hoping that someone could help me with this, maybe you can help me in this part... I know that the task, however, is very difficult because to think about performance without making the AIs invade the walls again is a juggler's thing... It's not impossible, but it requires a lot of testing: time...

Hugs!

Hi! Thanks for your words, I'm glad that you like Finn's work on the AIW and my work. Of course you can convert it, just keep the credits of my work in the loading screen.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.