Modding Questions Thread

Can anyone make Kamui Kobayashi Brasil helmet?

KamuiKobayashi.png
saub_koba_inte_2011-1.jpg
Kamui-Helmet-Brazil-2011-2.jpg

hello,

i will make an intiniti racing team skin but i don`t no if you want this skin. please anser me and when you will have the car then give me please your ideas for sponsors position of the infiniti logo ;)

Hi!
I've got a little question. I don't have rear spoiler in my helmets! I remember that I had it at the begining, but when I changed default helmets into some made by forum users it disappeared. Does anybody know which from which file does it depend? Or how to change it again? It's not really important thing, but I like it more when my helmet has this rear spoiler :)

hello everybody,

With the arrival of the 2013 season, it will be necessary to modify the database to get one the edge.

Is there someone who know why the game 2012, once the database is changed, we can not play online or lan.

Is it steam the problem? ... unlike game for windows live

Is it the schema file.... the flow.bin file, or a other file ?

Is there a solution to be able to play like the other one versions F1 2010 and F1 2011, we could play online or lan with modified database.

have a nice hollydays

hello everybody,

With the arrival of the 2013 season, it will be necessary to modify the database to get one the edge.

Is there someone who know why the game 2012, once the database is changed, we can not play online or lan.

Is it steam the problem? ... unlike game for windows live

Is it the schema file.... the flow.bin file, or a other file ?

Is there a solution to be able to play like the other one versions F1 2010 and F1 2011, we could play online or lan with modified database.

have a nice hollydays

Database = Modified
You cant play online. You could made a few changes which are important for online, so the Database has to be the same as the rest of the drivers.

Hi all,

This may seem like a very strange thing to post here, but I promise you it's not ;). I'm editing the particle effects files and one of the important concepts and crucial parts of the particle system in F1 2012 are particle effect curves. I've been trying to think how to understand and visualise these curves but I haven't been able to figure anything out.

Here's an example from the k_dust_trail_grav emitter config in emitters_export_0.xml:

Code:
<force type="dragCurve" curve="2 0 1 500 1000 0.1 0 1 0 1" />
<force type="windCurve" curve="1 0 0.2 0 0.1 1 0 1" />
<force type="aeroVolumeCurve" curve="1 0 0.4 0 0 1 0 1" aeroBlowVelocityThreshold="1" />

<widthCurve curve="3 0 0.18 1 0 1.06 1.5 0.25 0 1 0 1" />
<heightCurve curve="3 0 0.18 1 0 1.06 1.5 0.25 0 1 0 1" />
<alphaCurve curve="4 0 0.135 0.5228 1 0 0.5 0.1917 0 0.25 0 1 0 1" />
<erodeCurve curve="1 0 0 0 0 1 0 1" />

To my eye, it seems that these points describe the curve being defined for the various properties of the particle effect over time. What I really want to do is be able to visualise these curves to make editing them easier/possible. I thought the points might be control points for a Beizer curve but I wasn't able to produce anything that made sense. It also seems that the number of points can vary too.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? It would be great to be able to graph these curves so we can edit the particle effects more easily. For instance I want to play with the erode and wind curves of the k_dust_trail_grav emitter to see if I can make the dust hang around in the air and "drift" as it disperses.

If we can figure this out I know it opens up quite big potential for some nice visual tweaks to be made :).

Thanks!
WillsB

can anyone tell me where i can change the fuel use per lap, i made the track 100% in 20 laps, when i play in 50% (10 laps), the fuel is set for 20 laps, so where in the database i can change the fuel/laps parameters?

The only place I can find this program is DrivingItalia and I've had nothing but problems trying to get the file due to missing links, errors, failed pages etc. Is there a mirror and anyone that could upload it?
I am surprised it's not here on RD.

Thanks,
Roxy

:Moved to correct forum thread: (Graham Laing)

Anyone know tell me why after paint and add new logo shows through the logo above. working with photoshop and this does not happen, I just happen in the game.
Untitled.jpg

How I can correct it?:thumbsdown:

I know if you alter the database online play doesnt work but surely textures shouldnt affect anything? I've installed a few mods that alter textures nothing has changed gameplay wise but I cant play online it keeps kicking me out of games :( is there anything I can do to play online with the custom textures installed?
I've installed a few new helmets from this site and a few of the team mods like monster energy and full black mercedes amg.

Where can I find audio files that correspond to the information engineers? For example when the rain, or exit the pits,
Overall, I'm talking about the team radio
Sorry for my bad english

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 144 86.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 15.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 21 12.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 50 29.9%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 58 34.7%