Loving the New Site!

most images I've posted in various threads and pms have been removed, reducing many of my posts to useless clutter and ruining a year(s) long progress log in the process
This shouldn't have happened - please share a link or two (or start a new thread here in the "Website Feedback & Support" forum) to show us what you mean.

Thanks, here's a few links to posts that show what I'm describing.

Non staff member here ... looks to me like the images are coming from discord (links), do these images still exist in the discord im wondering? Or it could be a permission issue despite the hash?

Non staff member here ... looks to me like the images are coming from discord (links), do these images still exist in the discord im wondering? Or it could be a permission issue despite the hash?
You beat me to it :)
The images are gone from the Discord server, some time ago by the looks of it.
One of the images was https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/972180323787997255/1087148842278977636/IMG_1076.jpg
which now gives an error "This content is no longer available."
(Gosh, before today I had soo many reasons to dislike Discord. Looks like I just added another :p)

Last edited:
What's weird is when I go to the discord they are posted on I still see the pics there.
Non staff member here, ive done some digging and you are not the only one who is having this problem.

We knew discord has been planning to change the way it deals with its images and linking to them for a while now and by the looks of things its changed.

"Discord No Longer Supports Images, Alternative Image Hosting Site? Discord has changed how they handle image links and the like now, granting them temporary links for a couple of days before changing. They say it's to combat malware, but it also stops it from being an image hosting area. 29 Feb 2024"

Source:

Additional Confirmation...

Hope it helps, looks like its time to find a more permanent image host.

You can perhaps test this, recopy the link and post the image link. If the images stop working after a short period of time you know whats up.

Last edited:
Not loving the new site.

Besides the jarring palette swap most images I've posted in various threads and pms have been removed, reducing many of my posts to useless clutter and ruining a year(s) long progress log in the process.
We have literally not removed a single image. Did you upload any images or link them from a 3rd party website?

Thanks. Not being able to see the pics any more I can't say for certain where they're from but most likely were posted from discord. I was assuming something happened during the move but I only went to retrieve some after and found most images I've posted are now gone so it's possible they were already gone. I can't find any discord posts with missing images I think they're from but it's increasingly sounding like something is going on with discord regarding image hosting

1711530073851.png

The profile tab labels seem a bit too dark, to me - sorry. This is the Overtake Dark theme.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.