Like button not showing.

tjc

Premium
Hi,

When I click on a link for a download, latest screenshot or various other links to go to a section of the forum the "Like" button is not always showing. I refresh and sometimes it`s there, other times it still doesn`t show up.

Also, for example, when I click on the link for the latest screenshot of a sim it takes me to that screenshot but then just sends me to the very bottom of that page and I have to scroll back up to the screen I wanted to view.

This never used to happen but does now quite often.

Hope there`s some kind of fix for this or info I can get to stop it happening.

Cheers.

Like button: can you please share a screenshot of how it looks?

Links going to wrong place: please share a link which exhibits the problem.

Screens showing the problems: No Like button showing. You can also see the "Report" & "Edit" buttons are showing in the wrong place

NLB 1.png

Last edited:
As far as the links going to the bottom of the page is concerned that`s more difficult to show. The link I clicked was for the latest screen in AC. I clicked that. It showed the screen for a split second but then just went straight down to the bottom of the page.

Hope that`s helpful.

Screens showing the problems: No Like button showing. You can also see the "Report" & "Edit" buttons are showing in the wrong place
Thanks. This seems to be the same problem as reported in another thread, which appears to be a fault with the advert system: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gotta-problem-with-the-side-ads.265972/post-3726771
(@Bram Hengeveld is on the case to get that fixed.)
The above example post shows a user had liked my post but I don`t think he had.
You are correct, he had liked the post above yours but the layout of the page is being scrambled.
As far as the links going to the bottom of the page is concerned that`s more difficult to show. The link I clicked was for the latest screen in AC. I clicked that. It showed the screen for a split second but then just went straight down to the bottom of the page.

Hope that`s helpful.
If you can share the precise link you mean, then I can try to reproduce it :thumbsup:

Here`s the link:

:thumbsup:
Thanks.
I can't reproduce this one reliably, but it has done what you describe at least once to me. Mostly when it goes wrong I seem to end up above the post that is linked rather than below it. (The post that the link goes to is by SparrowRacing, with a pic of a VW Beetle, yesterday @ 13:14 GMT, currently number #5,476 in the thread.)

However, I think both symptoms have the same root cause: when pictures load in after the page is partially rendered on the screen, it can make the screen position move away from where it should be. This is pretty annoying when it happens, and it's most noticeable in threads with lots of pictures or links to (e.g. YouTube, Twitter) external content which create a preview.

The good news:
Firstly, we're probably only months away from a new release of Xenforo (the forum software) which should cure this problem.
Secondly, there's a workaround for when it happens. On Firefox, I can use "ctrl-L" (moves focus to the address bar) and then hit enter to make it find the right spot on the page. On Chrome, just hitting F5 (nominally refresh) appears to have the same effect.

Which browser are you using?

Thanks for your detailed reply. Good to know there`s new forum software coming sometime soon.

I`m on Chrome. It`s my main browser. I`ll try F5 when this happens but I have had the problem and just hit refresh (the circle with the arrow) on the top left of Chrome.

Sometimes that`s fixed both problems. Other times it hasn`t sadly.

It`s annoying as it means I can`t "Like" a post that I`d want to.

Anyway, I`ll see how things go.

I just wanted to let you guys know that it`s a bit of a problem sometimes.

Cheers

tj

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes