Less advertisements

Or even the same amount of advertisements that don't jump the screen about with their random sizes when changing, that makes reading difficult for some folks with eyesight problems,

Big companies love profit, VAG is no different, just look at their emissions scandals...

More advertisements are coming and most likely in a more intrusive way...

Big companies love profit, VAG is no different, just look at their emissions scandals...

More advertisements are coming and most likely in a more intrusive way...
A look at the overtake.gg doesn't give the impression that it is swamped with advertising.

Screenshot_20230811_124751_Samsung Internet.jpg

It is getting ridicolus...
This is basically all I can see when trying to read a mod update post.
I know you have to earn money, but common...

It irritates the powers that be but I readily admit I use an adblocker (ublock Origin).

On occasion I get a popup on a website, "OH MY GOD!!!! You're using an adblocker!! You're stealing food from the mouths of our babies!!!". Before closing the tab and moving on I send them a brief note, "When you are sitting at home watching TV do you studiously watch every commercial, or do you go to the smallest room in the house, or go for a cup of coffee, or grab the remote and start channel surfing? The only difference is the TV stations cannot tell you are doing that. What if you tune to a channel one day to see a full screen notice: You've not been watching our commercials, this channel is now blocked."

Now to me advertising is a useless endeavor. No matter the product advertising is merely every manufacturer telling you his product is best. They cannot all be telling the truth. So why pay attention to any. I certainly hope, probably in vain, the average consumer is not that gullible.

If I am not in the market for something, advertising for it is superfluous. If I am in the market i will do my own research, advertising is superfluous.

In the past manufacturers and inventors looked around and saw things people needed, then created them. Today they create something simply because they have the technology, then try to convince everyone they need it. (People are absolutely astonished that I do not carry a phone around with me.)

• Deleted member 197115

PC - uBlock Origin plugin
Mobile - browser setting, disable JavaScript for racedepartment.com

Ads free browsing like breathing a fresh air. :inlove:

I didn't want to do it but, I'm sorry RD you've kinda forced my hand, I cannot have video adverts running while I'm trying to read... it flips my brain and I get hyper, stopping your RD-Overtake video was just about my limit, however, there is a new thumbnail size video flicking away at the bottom of the screen that isn't good for my state of mind while attempting to read anything, and as far as I see there's no 'X' to get rid of it only a 'hover over to enlarge'
This for me is unacceptable if only for my health of mind.
I have therefore instructed Addblock Plus to block ads for this site, I now have to 'X' out of your apology for needing adds every time I change the page, unfortunately this affects my enjoyment of the site.
I don't mind the still adds, if they pay the rent... OK, but as I said permanent flickering video is not for me

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 37 38.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 53 54.6%