Karting gloves

I like my Sparco Arrow K karting gloves. They are very comfortable and well made. They provide very good grip on my leather rim, but after a year of use (one or two hours a week) all the silicons inserts on the palms of the fingers are gone, so the grip now is bad. Apart from that, they look like new. I consider that spending more than 80€ on gloves every year for simracing is simply too much. Therefore, I'm looking for alternatives, either cheaper karting gloves or expensive but durable (maybe Alpinestars?). Any experiences?

I also have Sparco karting gloves. I think gloves made for karting are not designed to last as long as nicer sim gloves. I think sim racers actually use their gloves more than actual kart racers. My Sparco Tike K gloves also seem to wear faster than I would like. I'm not in the market yet but maybe later this year. GSI? Moradness? Sparco sim gloces?

Have a look at (thin) MTB gloves. They often have the grip pads but without the for us unnecessary knuckle armor.

The pair I use was 25€ and has held up well for two years of use, on average an hour a day.

I find that thin leather gardening gloves give great grip on my alcantara wheel, and they're about £10

1714027951140.png

I have used Alpinestars Tech1 KX-v2, they were great but they did not last with the seams breaking between the thumb and pointing finger after a few months on both gloves.

I am now running OMP KS-2R and they are so comfortable, they have stretch area at the knuckles which in my view makes them perfect for simracing. Only problem , might be the price. they are 150$ in Canada, but found them below $100 on ebay from Poland at the end of 2022.

Other option is MTB cycling gloves, which do the job perfectly and much cheaper. I ran FOX MTB gloves for a while without any issue.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.