Resource icon

Cars Hobbnob's NonComp Drift Mod 0.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello Hobbnob,
You have to pay attention of your terms. It is not because you can't help me that you have to claim that i had a pirate game. I tell you this gently but you made a public statement, on this website, of something your not aware. If I had a pirated game, I would not have made a public statement to find a solution. Maybe you're used to meeting idiots of this type, it's not my status.
I tried other MODs, for Project Cars 2, and it worked !!. Be humble. When we can not help, or if you don't want to, we say no or you can't just with sincerity and humility, that's all.
Thanks for your answer on YouTube. I never claim the MOD is broken. I know, i'm french, maybe my english is bad or clumsy, but i never said your work doesn't work, or is broken.I'm not a coder so i can't tell whay is not working on my computer. Read my post again on RD. I said "Good Job on this MOD. I confirm that my rims(tyres) vanished) when MOD Active. Maybe related to the version of Project cars 2 ?. Thanks, anyway, for this tremondous work !!". By the way in the desciption of the MOD it is written "Known issues:
Some elements (usually rims) change colours/models at far distances
wipers don't work yet". So maybe it has something to do with that. Actually the MOD work on my PC. I find the problem but i keep the solution for myself. It inot easy to find but it is a syntax errot, somewhere. Good search.

can you give me the solution.. i cant find the error

*EDIT at bottom*

Hi Hobbnob,

Excited to try your mod but it is not working for me despite other mods working and despite me following your instructions closely.

I have a legit copy of Steam PCars 2, made sure to install the drift mod (and 2 other Rx7 mods) first in JGSME before activating the boot files. I activated the bootfiles and made the edits in vehicles and driveline in the original PCars 2 folder as you state many times in your readme that it doesn't work if you do it through the bootmod sub folders. Indeed this is true as the RX7 add-on cars said to do it in the boot sub folders and of course did not function until I added their lines to vehicles and driveline in the game's subfolders.

Here is a picture of the bottom end of my vehicles and driveline files showing that I did enter them before the END and also made sure there is no formatting errors. The RX7 mods function no problem but I can't find your cars :(

https://imgur.com/a/dGwuUaq (also attached the photo in case link doesn't work)

I am using the latest V6.0.0.0 bootfiles as well. I just don't understand why other mods work but yours doesn't despite being properly installed. Hopefully you can help. Thanks!

*EDIT*
Okay so I realized my mistake. The cars do appear it's just I didn't realize I had a manufacturer preset assigned so they didn't appear under "road" cars. Once I turned the preset off I was able to find the cars which is great.

However they still don't work :( When I load a quick event with one of the drift mod cars the game crashes. The readme says if that happens it's because of improper edits in driveline. So I'm back to square one as I believe to have added the lines to driveline correctly...

Attachments

• vehiclesanddriveline.JPG
    vehiclesanddriveline.JPG
    334.3 KB · Views: 441
Last edited:
Hi there im having trouble getting the mod to work. I believe I have followed all the steps correctly however, im not that great when it comes to modding.

I managed to get the cars to show and when i select one and try to load into a track it crashes on 56%. Also the tracks dont show in the menu. I have rechecked the lists and i believe that the edits are in place at the end of the files.

Also the .bat script is not working for me, maybe this is a indication of where my problem is coming from?

Thank you

Attachments

• 2018-06-09.png
    2018-06-09.png
    26 KB · Views: 390
  • 2018-06-09 (1).png
    2018-06-09 (1).png
    16.6 KB · Views: 423
I'm afraid it's broken for me too chaps, I haven't worked on it because my pedals broke a couple months back. If anyone else wishes to take on the project and fix it then they have my permission, but I'm not working on it currently

Hello guys,

The mod doesn't work for me as well...
Crash at 56%. I think that comes from Spirit of le MANS.
If someone have an idea to fix the problem I can test everything !

Have a nice day

Hi

I am having issue where I can see the cars and after I choose what track I want to play at game start loading but then crushes, I triple checked to make sure that vehicle list is correct ect. could this be down to latest game version?

Hello Simracer5,

I got the same issue few days ago...
To be honest, the best way is to downgrade the version from 1.6.0 to 1.5.0.
You can find some tutorials to downgrade the version of steam game on internet but please find attached the code to download the version of 1.5.0 :
download_depot 378860 378861 6018843345791131783

You just have to go to your web browser and put :
steam://nav/console

Then, you'll have the access to the console in the steam app.
After that, don't forget to block the steam update for Pcars2.
Download the file of the version 1.5.0 (48Go) by entering the code into the console :
download_depot 378860 378861 6018843345791131783
Don't cut the download or you'll have to restart from scratch.........

Finally, copy and paste files from your file "D:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\content\app_378860\depot_378861" (for me)
to :
"D:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Project CARS 2" (for me)

That work for me but I'm playing with the version 1.5.0 ...

Enjoy your drift session :)

There is a trick to be sure to don't have update :)
In the file "D:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\downloading" I created a file named "378860" then I blocked all access for every users. (Translation from french. So, I'm not sure)
Properties on the file, Security, modifiy. Then check the checkbox in front of Denied full access. Then OK, OK.
If you want to download the last verion of Pcars after that, Just delete this file and set keep the game up to date in the steam app :)

Let me know if the trick works for you ! ==> That works for me :)

Someone found something to fix this problem ? I blocked update to stay with 1.5.0 but I would like to update my game ! And, at the same time kepp this amazing mode !!!! I'm waiting for Asseto corsa C.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back