GT5 GT5 Time Trials Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTPromo.jpg

The question of who the fastest drivers are in the GT5 community is soon to be answered! There's no opposition and no excuses here. It's just you and your machine versus the track.

The time trials will be open to all RaceDepartment members, both licensed and unlicensed. The only requirement to take part is that you own a copy of GT5 and abide by the specific restrictions imposed by the TT. Events will run on a variety of tracks but will make use of GT5's borrow feature to ensure that everyone uses the exact same car with the exact same upgrades. The cars will be supplied by yours truly.

The prize given to the winner will vary but may include items such as cars, helmets, suits and paints, or the choice of car/track for a Club racing event. And of course, you'll win the respect of your fellow drivers. :)

Above you can see a little hint of the car and track that will be used for the first TT event. Stay tuned!

To be honest, I was always around the low 1:17 mark, and I always try and see what I did wrong with the ghost car on the previous lap and just try to stay ahead of that. Don't think I could go any faster than that without smashing in to the barriers.

I am currently using the controller, I think if you can get turn 1 & 2 right, then that sets you up for the tight right hander turn 4, this is what you have to get correct to get the speed to the small S's, I probably slow down too much here, trying not to hit the barriers (I guess you will be disqualified if you use the barriers to assist your run Ross?) The last 2 corners always give me issues, either I turn in to early for the home stretch or I go too wide in to the last apex, All I can say is keep trying, get the better of your ghost, because I always hate it when I can not beat my ghost.

A breakdown of the lap.

Turn one is easy enough, but make sure you hug the inside on the fast left hander, notice the curb on the left hand side, when it comes to an end start braking it is a good brake marker, you may have to brake a little earlier than that to keep the car stable going into turn 2. Entry to turn 2 is about 130 kph, hug the inside and let the car coast out a bit, the fastest way around is a double apex as the inclination of the corner spits you out if you hug the inside all the time. Get on the gas as soon as you can, you will have to do some trial and error here, but make sure you control your throttle, wheelspin in this car is what loses you tenths. the second apex is late in the corner over the crest and you should not be running into the left half of the track at all you are more or less in the middle or more to the right hand. the Exit speed over the crest or even at the second apex should be around 125 kph. for turn 3 hug the inside as much as you can, but once you commit the car do not try to force it to turn more, what i mean is keep your virtual wheel steady, if the car drifts outwards its ok as long as you are within the white lines. When you keep the wheel steady like this the car will keep accelerating, whereas if you force it to turn more it will understeer and not carry the speed that you want. Exit speed here is 183 or so around there. Setting up for the hair pin you want to let the car get to the lef tside of the track you dont have to hurry there, you can straighten out the car when exiting turn 3 so that the car will move towards the right. Braking zone here, i think is a bit after the curb starts on your right, you want to aim to brake down to around 90 or so when you turn in letting the car coast down to 80 or so at the apex and then easing onto the gas so as not to spin the rear WHEEL, i say wheel because the outside rear will light up if you mash it, losing time. The chiccane is a bit tricky, you have to approach from the right, diving towards the inside left, braking when you are half way to about 2/3 down the drop, braking to have an exiting apex speed of 140 kph, that is to say that the right hander apex is as such. In this sequence you are running very close to the walls, get hard on the gas when exiting and try not to hit the outside wall on the exit. The uphill right hander is next set up for a wide entry, but you will have to turn in sooner than you expect to get on the inside, it is somewhat of a double apex with almost 100% throttle. Full throttle going in, at the first apex come off the throttle for a split second to bring the weight to the front getting the nose in slightly then full throttle again keeping the car very near to the inside going up into the next corner. Brake slightly to get the car down to about 160 kph and turn in early to keep the car hugged to the left hand side going through the corner into the final sequence. Brake a bit before the curb to your left ENDS maybe 5-10 Virtual meters (i cant remember for sure, some trial and error will help here) down to 110 and turn in coasting the car to the curb on the outside, let off the gas to turn the car in but make sure its not too early and stay clear of the inside curbs you lose too much grip on them and they are less than useless other than letting you know you screwed up the corner if you go over them. Apex speed here is from 95-100 kph. Ease onto the throttle, that is to say go 70% and ease to 100% essentially just try not to light up the rear end, which is no small task. And across the line.

Small track but tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 46 25.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 33 18.5%
  • Trophies