rF2 GT3 Club @ Suzuka International - Sat 3rd May

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
If I wake up early enough I'll try to make the race, but I was practicing tonight and I was experiencing some strange things:

1) IN Single player, all the Ferraris slow down tremendously right after crossing the finish line. When I was driving a different car I thought it was an AI issue, but then I drove a Ferrari Italia and while I was driving it I suffered the slow down too! It happens after the finish line and in a couple of other places in the track. None of the other cars have that issue as far as I can tell and I did not notice it in MP.

2) all the cars are very tail happy and really hard to control. Even with TC and ABS they are a handful. I think a lot of it is the setup, but the rear just seems very unstable to me, especially comparing these cars in other games, like rF1 and GSC they don't seem to behave like this.

They are still fun to drive, but snap oversteer will kill you. Once they start going that's it. There is not taking them back, at least with a rather green track.

Also, there are a couple of kerbs that are made of ice. Put a wheel on them at your peril.

I basically had to stiffen up the front to induce a bit of understeer to balance the oversteer and I had to raise the rear wing a lot. I have tried with TC and without and frankly I don't see a lot of difference. Without TC it actually seems a bit more predictable.

Hopefully I'll make it. Sat morning in the west coast are an issue for me because I cannot race immediately after I wake up. I need at least a couple of hours to relax, drink my coffee, practice a bit and then I am ready to race. That means I'd need to wake up at 7am which on a Saturday it breaks a few canons of my religion. The church of the Holy weekend sleep in.

If I wake up early enough I'll try to make the race, but I was practicing tonight and I was experiencing some strange things:

1) IN Single player, all the Ferraris slow down tremendously right after crossing the finish line. When I was driving a different car I thought it was an AI issue, but then I drove a Ferrari Italia and while I was driving it I suffered the slow down too! It happens after the finish line and in a couple of other places in the track. None of the other cars have that issue as far as I can tell and I did not notice it in MP.

2) all the cars are very tail happy and really hard to control. Even with TC and ABS they are a handful. I think a lot of it is the setup, but the rear just seems very unstable to me, especially comparing these cars in other games, like rF1 and GSC they don't seem to behave like this.

They are still fun to drive, but snap oversteer will kill you. Once they start going that's it. There is not taking them back, at least with a rather green track.

Also, there are a couple of kerbs that are made of ice. Put a wheel on them at your peril.

I basically had to stiffen up the front to induce a bit of understeer to balance the oversteer and I had to raise the rear wing a lot. I have tried with TC and without and frankly I don't see a lot of difference. Without TC it actually seems a bit more predictable.

Hopefully I'll make it. Sat morning in the west coast are an issue for me because I cannot race immediately after I wake up. I need at least a couple of hours to relax, drink my coffee, practice a bit and then I am ready to race. That means I'd need to wake up at 7am which on a Saturday it breaks a few canons of my religion. The church of the Holy weekend sleep in.
You have to work more on your setup. I can drive it easy without TC and even use a bit of rear sliding to get the car turned even better in S1. All my oversteer is predictable and catchable. Check your rear suspension and diff settings.

You have to work more on your setup. I can drive it easy without TC and even use a bit of rear sliding to get the car turned even better in S1. All my oversteer is predictable and catchable. Check your rear suspension and diff settings.
Just been testing the McLaren on the chance I get to drive in this, and I found these cars take lots more setting up. I've attached the setup here, it's still slightly tail happy, but much more drivable than it was

Attachments

• McLaren.svm
    4 KB · Views: 218

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 19.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 17.6%
  • Trophies