Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
CVG had the following to report about GRID 2. Seems that after many years a sequel is in the making.
Race Driver: GRID released way back in 2008 and people liked it. A lot. So where the bloody hell's the sequel? It's coming, according to the Official Xbox Magazine UK.

The rumours page of the latest issue of OXM gives GRID fans a new reason to be excited. "The GRID team at Codemasters is actively working on GRID 2," says the magazine. "It's likely to arrive after the release of F1 2012."

F1 2012 is expected to hit shops in September, so it's possible Codies could be eyeing a late 2012 release for the currently unannounced sequel.
There have been whispers of a GRID 2 stretching back to 2010, so an announcement is overdue. But with Codemasters having recently made the shift to a dedicated racing development studio, we wouldn't be surprised to hear something more concrete soon.
Source: CVG

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

GRID 2: Grab your free PlayStation 3 version

Playstation 3 owners can grab themselves a free copy of Codemasters recent title, GRID 2, through their premium membership service, PlayStation Plus.

The free giveaway will be part of their December "instant game collection" which will be available to download at the end of November.

"Be fast, be first and be famous as the race returns in GRID 2, the sequel to the BAFTA-award winning, multi-million selling Race Driver: GRID. Experience aggressive racing against advanced AI and become...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
PlayStation Plus is a premium service at a cost of £40 per year or £12 per quarter. One membership covers you for all PS4, PS3, PS-vita & PSP and offers around £400 per year of free software (Digital versions). You also get discounted prices on STORE items and exclusive content including early beta access to latest games. I personally think it's MORE than worth the £40 premium. This year we've had F1 race stars, Uncharted 3, Far Cry 3, LBP racing just to name a few.

Last edited:
GRID 2 Demo I Wednesday Night Championship

How to sign up
You must just post sign up here and write your Steam ID
Race Times
18:00 GMT
We will throw 10 races
Points System
We will use F1 2003-2009 points sytem(10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1)

Participants:

oldwolf(oldwolf)
Rami Saidy(mystaaRS)
Jimlaad43(Jimlaad43)

Last edited:
me n a mate were playing it last night.. it was fun BUT I dont think it will last. not a single race without somone forcing you off the track and the cars dont handle like real cars in any way at all. Ok it is fun but its not competitive fun.

Drifting can be fun... but god almighty what were they thinking?
The car is actively trying to kill you, i can't drive it on a G27... having to flashback every other corner is no fun.

Hello,

Im trying to port AgentHeX's cam mods onto the DLC cars by using the games modding support (overwriting files via a mod folder) but every time I run grid 2 i get the message "the mod configuration file does not exist" I have tried the files in multiple locations from the root of the drive to the actual game location and nothing will work.

Any ideas?

ok ok got it working.. dunno how tho,

For those still having problems try disabling in-game steam community, turn auto updates off and steam cloud.

Oh and use the launch option on the steam library like this..

-mod ".\Mods\configuration.xml"

obviously put the "mods" folder in the "grid 2" folder

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 151 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 28 16.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 51 29.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 61 35.1%