Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
CVG had the following to report about GRID 2. Seems that after many years a sequel is in the making.
Race Driver: GRID released way back in 2008 and people liked it. A lot. So where the bloody hell's the sequel? It's coming, according to the Official Xbox Magazine UK.

The rumours page of the latest issue of OXM gives GRID fans a new reason to be excited. "The GRID team at Codemasters is actively working on GRID 2," says the magazine. "It's likely to arrive after the release of F1 2012."

F1 2012 is expected to hit shops in September, so it's possible Codies could be eyeing a late 2012 release for the currently unannounced sequel.
There have been whispers of a GRID 2 stretching back to 2010, so an announcement is overdue. But with Codemasters having recently made the shift to a dedicated racing development studio, we wouldn't be surprised to hear something more concrete soon.
Source: CVG

I like GRID because the physics weren't realistic, and thus it was a great feeling arcade racing game. Why do you all want it to be more realistic?

Exactly. I definitely wouldn't mind slightly more realistic handling, but there is nothing wrong with the way the original GRID handled. I had an unbelievable number of hours of fun with the game. That said.. one thing that I would love to see are... pitstops! Think about it, TOCA Race Driver 3 had pitstops and they were a brilliant addition. Could add a lot more depth to the game and if they manage to retain the arcade feel like in TOCA or GRID with it we could be in for a treat. Let's await Wednesday! Hopefully we'll see a trailer then. I will be a bit disappointed if they only give us an official announcement along with release date though. :)

It looks like that Grid 2 is finally becoming a reality. Codemasters has released a very short teaser trailer on twitter that simply states "The Race Returns". This must come as a relief to fans of the original Grid as there has been speculation and rumors but no definitive proof regarding the sequel of the highly rated 2008 console and PC racer.

The trailer doesn't offer much in terms of gameplay footage, but within the trailer the date "8.8.2012" along with what looks to be the Grid 2 Logo. It is expected that an official announcement of Grid 2 will take place in two days time.

[youtube]
View the Post on the Blog

Some teaser screenshots/posters:

P7nu.jpg

THE-RACE-RETURNS-thegamejar.jpg

THE-RACE-RETURNS-2-gamejar.jpg

QGFqa.jpg

TOG7G.jpg

kNJJl.jpg

Judging by last 3 pictures they got rid of the sepia filter which made the original GRID look awful :D The last screenshot looks a lot like the hairpin at Abu Dhabi. Wouldn't come as a surprise if they included Abu Dhabi since CM can easily port it over from F1 2012 :) Can't wait for tomorrow!

Sources:

http://community.codemasters.com/t5/GRID-General-Discussion/Possible-GRID-2-tease/td-p/6590/page/5
http://community.codemasters.com/t5/GRID-General-Discussion/Possible-GRID-2-tease/td-p/6590/page/6

• Deleted member 90535

"In-car view is out, after Codemasters' research discovered that 95 per cent of players use chase or bonnet cameras to play." Found it, when I was reading EuroGamer article. If it's true, than I won't be buying GRID 2. They can force me to drive with certain cameras, but they can't force to buy their game;) Maybe I'll reconsider it, if moders would add this view to the game (if it will be possible to mod it).

Regardless of the presence of a cockpit view I'll be getting Grid 2 on release date. Had so much fun with the original so this will be an instant buy for me. A real shame about the cockpit view missing (used that mostly in the original Grid), but bonnet cam will work just fine. It'll remind me of the good old days of Need for Speed (the Underground series and Most Wanted) where I used have bonnet cam. Great stuff, loving the trailer!

Be fast, be famous, be first. These are the words that Codemasters Racing used to describe the long awaited Grid 2 trailer that you can find below.

GRID 2 will challenge players to be fast, be first and be famous as they enter a stunning new world of competitive motorsport. Following the success of GRID, which set new standards for damage, AI, visuals and introduced the Flashback time rewind feature - now adopted by many racing games -- GRID 2 will again raise the gameplay and technological bar for motorsport gaming and remain true to the series' core value -- it's all about the race.

The Race Returns Summer 2013 and for those of you that cannot wait we hope you will join the pre-release fun in our newly created GRID 2 forums

[youtube]
View the Post on the Blog

There has been a hell of a backlash against Codies on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fm89CbB1Cs&feature=youtu.be&a) for taking out Cockpit view, so they I asked this on Twitter to @gridgam, ''Is there a bonnet view or not, if so I don't see why people are making such a big fuss over cockpit going it's almost the same...'' and they replied ''Can confirm that there is a bonnet cam.'', so in my opinion it isn't such a bad call, so they can focus their time on other, more important this to improve the game, watchg the video that I have linked in this reply to see more...

There has been a hell of a backlash against Codies on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fm89CbB1Cs&feature=youtu.be&a) for taking out Cockpit view, so they I asked this on Twitter to @gridgam, ”Is there a bonnet view or not, if so I don’t see why people are making such a big fuss over cockpit going it’s almost the same…” and they replied ”Can confirm that there is a bonnet cam.”, so in my opinion it isn’t such a bad call, so they can focus their time on other, more important this to improve the game, watchg the video that I have linked in this reply to see more…

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back