Resource icon

Apps FFBClip app 5.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
I got it to work. I installed version 4.3.2 and it worked. I then took the FFBClip.py from 5.3 and placed it in common/assettocorsa/apps/python/FFBClip directory, replacing the 4.3.2 version. It then worked and I was up to version 5.3. There are also 2 .png files in content/gui/icons in 5.3 that you probably want to put in there.

There were 2 files in the 4.3 version that were not in the 5.3 version. In the python/FFBClip/Config directory there are 2 files called Combos.ini and FFBClip.ini. If these are not there, AC should create them. For some reason it was not creating those files for me.

I tested it by getting rid of the files for FFBClip and reinstalled 5.3 from scratch and it worked. The 2 files were still not there but once I started the game it created those 2 files.

Not sure what was wrong before. If reinstalling it does not work, you could try installing an older version with those 2 files first and then install 5.3 over that.
Thanks for posting a solution. This worked for me as well.

I unpacked into steamapps/common/assettocorsa but I dont see an option in the menu to turn it on. Is there something else I was supposed to do? I dont use content manager is that nessicary?

hey guys,
i have the problem thta FFbclip app was working till yesterday and today it doesnt anymore, its showing up in the apps section and its activated, started thru normal ac and its ticked in ui, started race thru ac and cm but it doesnt show up, its also not showing in app windows, tried pretty much everything even a fresh ac install

[FFBClip: error] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "apps/python/FFBClip\FFBClip.py", line 134, in acMain
config.read(settingsPath)
File "A:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\x64\python33.zip\configparser.py", line 672, in read
self._read(fp, filename)
File "A:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\x64\python33.zip\configparser.py", line 993, in _read
for lineno, line in enumerate(fp, start=1):
File "A:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\x64\python33.zip\encodings\cp1252.py", line 23, in decode
return codecs.charmap_decode(input,self.errors,decoding_table)[0]
UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x8f in position 831: character maps to <undefined>

Last edited:
i cant say there is fantastic experience, as this add-on is just an attempt, to workaround an issue.
i think you are having a problem not related to ffbclip.
the "installation" procedure is, as simple as unpacking the archive into game's folder, and going to game's options and enabling it.
every day there are multiple users complaining of stuff not working, caused by incompatible or broken mods.
i just installed it and it works as intended.
hi, I am having the exact same problem. Have you managed to make it appear somehow? Thanx

If you look in Custom_Shaders_Patch.log you will find the line:

"2022-03-24T19:43:24:415 [11640] | DEBUG | Python exception: FFBClip"

One million times or more. Every time it clips it writes a log. This happens every one thousandths of a second on some setups (esp G27-G29 who want heavy feel so don't mind clipping).

Is there any way to disable this FFBCLIP logging? I don't want my CPU cycles going to a realtime log every 1/1000ths of every second I sim

Last edited:
If you look in Custom_Shaders_Patch.log you will find the line:

"2022-03-24T19:43:24:415 [11640] | DEBUG | Python exception: FFBClip"

One million times or more. Every time it clips it writes a log. This happens every one thousandths of a second on some setups (esp G27-G29 who want heavy feel so don't mind clipping).

Is there any way to disable this FFBCLIP logging? I don't want my CPU cycles going to a realtime log every 1/1000ths of every second I sim
If your "Documents" folder is non-"Windows"-standard (ie you changed it to be on another drive), it might not work correctly.

Or it might be a broken settings file, remove or look at:
apps/python/FFBClip/Config/FFBClip.ini

Logging should not be the issue.

Last edited:
If your "Documents" folder is non-"Windows"-standard (ie you changed it to be on another drive), it might not work correctly.

Or it might be a broken settings file, remove or look at:
apps/python/FFBClip/Config/FFBClip.ini

Logging should not be the issue.
I don't quite follow you.

My documents folder is in the standard place. it's a default Windows 10 installation.

The FFBCLIP.ini file reads:

[Options]
path =
dynamicmode = 0.0
maxtorque = 50.0
targetgain = 1.2
graphrefresh = 2.0
displaymode = 0.0
dynamicthreshold = 3.0
dynamicspeed = 0.05
rb = 0.0
manualoverride = 1
ddtoggle = 0.0

[targetgains]
bmw_m3_e92 = 1.2
ks_maserati_quattroporte = 1.2
bmw_m3_e92_drift = 1.01
vrc_1988_mclaren_mp4-4_r10 = 1.2

It appears to be ok

hey guys,
i have the problem thta FFbclip app was working till yesterday and today it doesnt anymore, its showing up in the apps section and its activated, started thru normal ac and its ticked in ui, started race thru ac and cm but it doesnt show up, its also not showing in app windows, tried pretty much everything even a fresh ac install

[FFBClip: error] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "apps/python/FFBClip\FFBClip.py", line 134, in acMain
config.read(settingsPath)
File "A:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\x64\python33.zip\configparser.py", line 672, in read
self._read(fp, filename)
File "A:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\x64\python33.zip\configparser.py", line 993, in _read
for lineno, line in enumerate(fp, start=1):
File "A:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\x64\python33.zip\encodings\cp1252.py", line 23, in decode
return codecs.charmap_decode(input,self.errors,decoding_table)[0]
UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x8f in position 831: character maps to <undefined>
I am having exactly the same problem :/

I already downgrade to a previous CSP version and I had installed the FFB Clip v5.3.2 as per

Nothing had fix the problem, the app just simple had disapeared from settings>Assetto Corsa>App Windows

Does anyone know how FFBClip App 5.3 works, is it wheel version dependent, or how to troubleshoot it?

Is the Developer of this Project answering our request for support?

Is the Devloper expecting the game files (Assetto Corsa) to be loaded on the System Drive instead of a seperate gaming drive? if so we should have been told in the installation instructions!

My installion experience follows:

Installation#1
My intial implementation with 5.3
-Copied RAR file to:
F:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps
-Extracted Files

Setup Test#1 FFBClip 5.3
-I was given a check box at:
Main Menu>Gear Icon>Option>More>Genera>UI Modules>FFBClip Check box
-I checked the box and Left Clicked the Steering Wheel Icon
- I clicked the now available Start Engien Icon
The Selected Practice Session started to load and crashed.
-I unset the FFBcliip check box and restarted the Practice Session and it loaded

Installation#2
-Repeated the previous steps itrmized with version 4.3.2 and receive the same results

Installation#3
-Repeated Installation#1 with the same results

What are the contents of the file extracted suppost to be?
-Based on the example above miner are different
--Path is:
F:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\FFBClip\
--FFBClip.py
--Contents are:

--Path is:
F:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\FFBClip
--Contents are:
--Config\combos.ini is:
Creation Date is 8/10/22 9:58 PM
File Empty
Was not in the RAR file
-- Config\FFBClip.ni [Why is mine different than the example above?) is:
[TargetGain]
targetffb = 1.0

[PreferredMode]
preferautomode = 0
prefermanualmode = 0
preferglobalmode = 0
prefergraph = 0

[PreferredProfile]
preferredprofile = 0

[Minimized]
runminimized = 0

[IndicateClipping]
indicateclipping = 1

[Controls_ini_Path]
path =

[Options]
targetgain = 1
dynamicmode = 0
maxtorque = 20
dynamicthreshold = 2
dynamicspeed = 0.01
graphrefresh = 2
displaymode = 0
rb = 0
path =

From what I am seeing is :
-apps\Python is everyting in this director is new Created or Modified on 8/10/22
-The python code id very thorough and everything counts.
--Cars, Tracks, what PC drive different things are on, what the control is...everything
-- the code in each marco attempts to generate a log if requirements are not met.
--the phyton code I'm looking at was contained in the RAR file installed as directed.

My Setup:
-Windows 10
-Mazda Miata MX-5 ND Cup
-Track Monza
-If you need more information, please ask!

I would like the support for this app to ask me for the logs to be sent for support troubleshooting this coding oversite, incomplete installation instructions or a work error on my part.

Please provide the logs and the paths to these logs I should be looking at to and how I can send them to be reviewed by a qualified support person.

Or tell me what my options are.
-

Does anyone know how FFBClip App 5.3 works, is it wheel version dependent, or how to troubleshoot it?

Is the Developer of this Project answering our request for support?

Is the Devloper expecting the game files (Assetto Corsa) to be loaded on the System Drive instead of a seperate gaming drive? if so we should have been told in the installation instructions!

My installion experience follows:

Installation#1
My intial implementation with 5.3
-Copied RAR file to:
F:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps
-Extracted Files

Setup Test#1 FFBClip 5.3
-I was given a check box at:
Main Menu>Gear Icon>Option>More>Genera>UI Modules>FFBClip Check box
-I checked the box and Left Clicked the Steering Wheel Icon
- I clicked the now available Start Engien Icon
The Selected Practice Session started to load and crashed.
-I unset the FFBcliip check box and restarted the Practice Session and it loaded

Installation#2
-Repeated the previous steps itrmized with version 4.3.2 and receive the same results

Installation#3
-Repeated Installation#1 with the same results

What are the contents of the file extracted suppost to be?
-Based on the example above miner are different
--Path is:
F:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\FFBClip\
--FFBClip.py
--Contents are:

--Path is:
F:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\FFBClip
--Contents are:
--Config\combos.ini is:
File Empty
Was not in the RAR file
-- Config\FFBClip.ni [Why is mine different than the example above?) is:
[TargetGain]
targetffb = 1.0

[PreferredMode]
preferautomode = 0
prefermanualmode = 0
preferglobalmode = 0
prefergraph = 0

[PreferredProfile]
preferredprofile = 0

[Minimized]
runminimized = 0

[IndicateClipping]
indicateclipping = 1

[Controls_ini_Path]
path =

[Options]
targetgain = 1
dynamicmode = 0
maxtorque = 20
dynamicthreshold = 2
dynamicspeed = 0.01
graphrefresh = 2
displaymode = 0
rb = 0
path =

From what I am seeing is :
-apps\Python is everyting in this director is new Created or Modified on 8/10/22
-The python code id very thorough and everything counts.
--Cars, Tracks, what PC drive different things are on, what the control is...everything
-- the code in each marco attempts to generate a log if requirements are not met.
--the phyton code I'm looking at was contained in the RAR file installed as directed.

My Setup:
-Windows 10
-Mazda Miata MX-5 ND Cup
-Track Monza
-If you need more information, please ask!

I would like the support for this app to ask me for the logs to be sent for support troubleshooting this coding oversite, incomplete installation instructions or a work error on my part.

Please provide the logs and the paths to these logs I should be looking at to and how I can send them to be reviewed by a qualified support person.

Or tell me what my options are.
-
Hi.

The single most common error is the app not finding your "my documents" folder, or not getting access to them somehow. As you can clearly tell, I'm not a Python coder and have got help with the code that tries to get the path to My docs folder from Windows. This doesn't always work, as you have experienced.

The config files will be generated with default values if the app doesn't find them.

In the ini file there's a Controls_ini_Path" entry. Please provide the complete path to \Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\user_ff.ini and see if that helps.

I'm sorry your experience with this app has been a bit troublesome.

As for your questions on how it works, here's a very abbreviated rundown:
First of all, it's not aware of your wheel model or anything, it will ONLY ever adjust your FFB gain that is sent from the sim. That's all it can do. It tries to do this in a somewhat calculated manner to minimize clipping and maximize detail.
So, in brief:
It records how much time is spend at each FFB level. If your wheel spends a lot of time at around 30% force and very little time above that, gain will be raised. If it spends a lot of time at 120%, gain will be lowered.
That's pretty much it. You have adjustments for how lenient the app should be, how much clipping should be allowed and other things as well, but that's really the gist of how it works.

Hopefully you'll get it working with the complete path so it can find the files it needs, and if that doesn't help, maybe have a look at your folder permissions or try to run AC as admin for some more file access. I don't know diddly about windows file handling in Python, so....

In the ini file there's a Controls_ini_Path" entry. Please provide the complete path to \Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\user_ff.ini and see if that helps.
What is the complete file name and were to find that .ini file, because yours Config folder is empty.

For me it's "C:\\Users\atle\mine dokumenter\Assetto Corsa\cfg\user_ff.ini", yours will be a variation of that.

It's been so long since I revieved the code and files of this app that I need to go over it again to be absolutely sure, but as I said, the path is the most likely culprit, along with varioous CM and CSP issues that I won't bother with. I made the app before CM was a thing and take no responibility for how that works.

Last edited:
For me it's "C:\\Users\atle\mine dokumenter\Assetto Corsa\cfg\user_ff.ini", yours will be a variation of that.

It's been so long since I revieved the code and files of this app that I need to go over it again to be absolutely sure, but as I said, the path is the most likely culprit, along with varioous CM and CSP issues that I won't bother with. I made the app before CM was a thing and take no responibility for how that works.
I know only what ini file should I change to redirect to the documents folder.
Documents is on the C: drive
Assetto corsa is on the I: drive
Thinks it should be an .INI file at the I: drive.

I recently got my T818 base and since then I randomly lose ffb in AC. When I then turn Dynamic on and off, the ffb is back again. When I disable ffbclip, I never lose ffb. Is this a know issue?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.