Ferrari Virtual Academy 2010

So now 15 euro's is already the sign of somebody having an infinite budget lol ?? I feel like a millionaire reading such comments. I think ill order two copies just for giggles :)

So now after iRacing we have a second sim where we are going to complain about the pricing? Kunos sold us a great game (Netkar) for just 19 euros and a demo for absolutely zero euros with lots of great content. I hope they earn a :poop:load of money with the FVA and can continue to make awesome sims in the future.

Buy one extra and offer it in the pick your prize thread then :tongue:

I agree that the pricing is ridiculous. That game, or "game", has free download written all over it. It's not like they're giving away a car as a prize.

Licence Code

For those of you who have already starting trying this sim, where on earth did you get the licence code from??? :confused:

Did you receive it in an e-mail, or was it shown on your screen after your purchase?

I have downloaded & installed the sim, but have no idea what my licence code is.:mad:

I dont think it is easy to drive. Yes it is easy to drive if your laptimes are 1 minute or above, but to get into 57 second lap times it is quite hard I think. I am stuck in the 59s.

The main thing I love is actually that you can compare your telemerty with Massa's, so you can see how inferior your foot technique is.

It also shows you how much race07 MMg f1 and rfactor mods and tracks suck. this game looks closer to the real deal ( video of alonso helmet cam around fiorano) than the mods we play.
I always hated how the cars in MMG f1 and others, bounce over the track.

Maybe not that much, but I have to think twice before spending that money on a game. And a little comparison:
FVA - 15€ (or if you need 3 tracks 35)
GTR 2 - 6,5€
NFS Shift - 12,5€
GTR Evo full version - 17€
Race On full version - 15,5€
Richard Burns Rally - 3€

Then you bought all games in the budget basket as those aern't standard retail prices....

I paid:
FVA €15
GTR2 - €50
GTL - €50
NFS Shift - €35
Race07 - €0,-
GTR Evo - ~€18 (bought on Steam in dollars)
STCC and Race On - €0,-
RBR 2x €7.50

I can go on when it comes to racing games:
GP4 - €40
Sports car GT - fl. 15 = ~€7
NFS3 - fl. 39 = ~€18
Dirt2 - €30
GT5 Prologue - €25
Forza €30 and all DLC which sums up to €60 or so :/

Well people its not just the 15 euros...I mean you can arque the debate quality over quantity right ? But except the really sweet f1 model and the laser scanning of the track there is nothing extraordinary to make someone say "WOW". When all the game is about a hotlap with 1 car on one track (at least for the moment ) i excepted something with extraordinary quality.And as i said already before i really thought of this as a promotional title for ferrari with a full f1 season coming to netkar.Netcar as is has a lot of quality but is incredibly limited.Only a few open wheelers and just 5 tracks with no offline races with ai drivers.A full f1 season added to it with the tracks planned for FVA (And the infamous hillclimb) could make netkar a better deal as many f1 fans would bought it in a second.

There is still some hope maybe eventually we will see the FVA content integrated in netkar but nobody knows for certain at the moment.

And don't get me wrong i don't except from kunos tiny team to bring us F1 2010 dx11 visuals :) .But many things like a better lighting system with bloom and hdr effects added(with time of day choice) isn't something impossible as netkar runs on a dx9 render.Or for example have grass covering the track surfaces(grass in games is basically a bunch of 2d bitmaps with multiple scaling).Or having 3d trees and 3d animated crowds(As the game is just a hotlap there is no excuse of performance reasons for those omissions).

And a last thing.Try f1 2006 by CTDP a mod for Rfactor(V 1.21) . It has all the formulas of 2006 season with all the liveries.The quality of the cars are incredible (not as good as FVA but still really good).The physics are also really good as it is among the best mods of Rfactor.Sounds are exellent and all the tracks of that season are perfectly modeled so you can have a complete season.(But they are seperated downloads) .A LOT of people play this mod and you always can have a full grid race.Also there is a hdr plugin (Not perfect) so the graphics look quite good.If a mod of this caliber was made by a few users during their spare time is it bad to except something more from FVA ????

So now 15 euro's is already the sign of somebody having an infinite budget lol ?? I feel like a millionaire reading such comments. I think ill order two copies just for giggles :)

I found 15€ a really cheap price considering the engine and what it offers, hope the nKpro guys sell a lot and have a reward for their work at last.

I suppose many people never goes out and pays 10€ for a drink, because what you get in that case is nothing in comparision.

FOV adjustment?

Has anyone figured out a way to adjust the FOV?

The best I have been able to do is this: It's not the same as FOV though.

If you go to C:\fva\content\system\fva and the edit the ASPECTRATIOCORRECTION line to something between 0.5 and 1.0 that will help a little bit.

0.5 was too stetched
1.0(default) gives a fish eye look
Somewhere around 0.6 - 0.8 should be good

FOV and Aspect Ratio are two different things. So if anyone knows a way to change the FOV that would be awesome.

ASPECTRATIOCORRECTION=1.0
fva2010-09-0917-07-48-93.jpg

ASPECTRATIOCORRECTION=0.8
fva2010-09-0917-08-40-40.jpg

ASPECTRATIOCORRECTION=0.7
fva2010-09-0917-09-23-96.jpg

ASPECTRATIOCORRECTION=0.6
fva2010-09-0917-10-06-08.jpg

ASPECTRATIOCORRECTION=0.5
fva2010-09-0917-10-42-29.jpg

Thanks to the guys who took the time and posted the videos. Very helpful.

I don't think this release is 'great' value for money but.... I hope this benefits the guys at NKPro, and encourages more teams / developers to jump on the bandwagon of releasing more content along these lines for racing fans. My money / purchase is more to show my support for this kind of thing rather than just for the 1 lap 1 car sim released this time round. Hopefully this is just the start.

P.S. I'm downloading my copy now (from work). I think I feel a headache coming on and might need to go home (to try this lol). I'm surprised the download is so small (~145 MB)

FVA State:
Note: some controllers don't support a sufficient rotation: the Ferrari F10's steering wheel ratio is 13:1 - 400° total rotation. If your controller does not rotate more than 200°, the rotation will be adequately multiplied.

Check if you have selected the correct rotation angle of the steering wheel amongst those available (200-400-900°) and that the rotation angle of the steering wheel has been correctly configured in the section "game controller" in the control panel.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.