Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

I was sad to see 100% chance of rain, because I had done a lot of preparation for a dry race. I had no idea what to do with setup; I've never set up for a wet race, but Mark tells me I got it almost right.

Had a few scruffy qualifying laps, and was down in the lower reaches of the top 10, only for my game to crash when the race finished loading. Never happened to me before. I had also been experiencing weird flashes when my game was windowed (luckily I play fullscreen, but I also had the bug where I couldn't open my steam ingame without it crashing). The flashes would cause the game to pause every now and again.

Oh well. Good luck, everyone.

That was a lot of fun and really intensive. Regretting the decision to pit for Intermediates as Kifla stuck it out on the wet tyres and I wasn't much faster in the end, however when he took a second and a half out of me in a single lap I had to react somehow and it wasn't by driving faster myself :p Add in a couple of mistakes at the bus stop and I had to settle for second, but I really enjoyed the strategic battle :)

Commentated video to follow later tonight

Yes Jamie that was really strategic race.
1 stop wet was winning strategie,and i dont know why you guys even go for inters:)
Yeah I only went for Inters when on the lap before you cut my lead from 8.6 sec to 7.1 and I knew that I was only going to get slower. Plus the speed of the others on Intermediates at that point wasn't too bad so I thought it work out in my favour in the end but great driving Danijel and a deserved win

Tough battles, a few laps with Kifla, and nearly the entire race with Starplayer. I forgot to make the 7th gear longer, even though I concluded in my final practice that I should do that. Probably the 100% rain chance distracted me.

I was so close to 3rd place, but I ran out of fuel, entering the final chicane.

Congratz to the podium finishers. Nice debut Dysania.

I'm sorry Kaido, I didn't read your post before the race, and I do not wanna undermine your decisions. My thought was, if fbyson would just have gotten his license, instead of a positive recommendation, he would be in as well, without any of us knowing about his driving skills and fairplay. I also had a little chat with him before the race and I understood he had read the TNC rules. So that made me decide to invite him.

Just like to make this clear now. This season will not go ahead until 8 drivers are in place, we have 6. I will postpone this weekends race by 1 week, where if we have 8 drivers, the season will start. If not, the season will be restarted on June 18th. Myself and Harry will have almost completely wrapped up our exams by then and we will pursue to get this league the attention it deserves. To back this up with have roughly a 3 month holiday prior to Year 12 so we will be able to dedicate our full attentions on this. Sorry if this comes with a shock, but I don't want to start a barely standing league when my focus is not on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%