F1 2018 F1 2018 announced

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)
The official F1 2018 Game releases Friday, August 24 More classic cars
2705.png
Expanded career mode
2705.png
and much more

I still do not understand why they release the game when they do. Not doing it at the beginning of the season is understandable but why not release it at the start of the summer break. This way they would be able to hype the game before the break and have it 'replace' the IRL F1 for a virtual one until it returns a month or so later.

I still do not understand why they release the game when they do. Not doing it at the beginning of the season is understandable but why not release it at the start of the summer break. This way they would be able to hype the game before the break and have it 'replace' the IRL F1 for a virtual one until it returns a month or so later.
You're right

I just saw a video from Aarava on YouTube who explained that in the cockpit view that the middle(intrusive) portion of the halo can be removed from view. In any other view it is there. This was the game breaker for me so with this news I expect to be getting it again this fall.....Thank you!

I just saw a video from Aarava on YouTube who explained that in the cockpit view that the middle(intrusive) portion of the halo can be removed from view. In any other view it is there. This was the game breaker for me so with this news I expect to be getting it again this fall.....Thank you!

The middle of the HALO seems very intrusive and ugly when you first think about it but in reality it isn't, as much. Well, intrusive that is... it's still very ugly. But from racing the RSS Formula Hybrid 2018 in Assetto Corsa the level of intrusiveness of the middle support for the HALO really isn't as bad. As the real drivers have said, it is annoying and very noticeable on the first out lap but when you start to push you just look around it.

And please, don't read this as me liking the HALO, I don't... at all! But when driving it isn't as bad as I expected, even in a game.

The middle of the HALO seems very intrusive and ugly when you first think about it but in reality it isn't, as much. Well, intrusive that is... it's still very ugly. But from racing the RSS Formula Hybrid 2018 in Assetto Corsa the level of intrusiveness of the middle support for the HALO really isn't as bad. As the real drivers have said, it is annoying and very noticeable on the first out lap but when you start to push you just look around it.

And please, don't read this as me liking the HALO, I don't... at all! But when driving it isn't as bad as I expected, even in a game.

I drove the AMS 2018 and the halo definitely hurt me in terms of spotting brake markers, i think if i had VR(and the games also implemented it) it wouldn't be a problem, but with the static single screen there's gonna be some blind spots from time to time.

I'm definitely turning it off.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 60 28.7%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Watch party

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • At a friends house