Exclude cars from a class

I'm fairly competent creating series gdb files, assigning classes, etc. But have a simple problem (due to a GTR2 quirk) I've yet to resolve. GTR2 recognizes any three consecutive letters in a class designation such that ABCD, ABCG, and ABCT would all be lumped together, whenever a gdb file designates one of those, all will appear in the menu (and race).

Now I could rename one of those classes, but then I would need to rename all the manufacturer lines in the car files so setups would remain linked ....then have to rename all the car files, gtr files, dds files, etc. so all are still recognized as the mod (a painful amount of work when dealing with dozens of cars ...I've just endured this ordeal converting a mod from GTL ot GTR2 so all menu listings would be correct).

Is there some way (probably in the series gdb file) to exclude classes? So that if this series is ABCD, that is all that will be included; ABC'anything else' will be ignored. And in any other series with an ABCx class, ABCD will not be included.

My solution for that would be to pack each flavor in a GME mod.

So like:

2005 GTR2 - GT
2005GTR2 - NGT

So I make new GDBs named like that then pack the cars I want into folder with same name.
So each have their own series heading.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes