Detroit Grand Prix 2023

Tracks Detroit Grand Prix 2023 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
kyle.bloyd submitted a new resource:

Detroit Grand Prix 2023 - 2023 IndyCar Detroit Street Circuit

Here's our look at the current Detroit street circuit, home of the 2023 IndyCar Detroit Grand Prix.

Surroundings aren't finished yet, but it features a great track surface and working AI. Track AI has been tested with the RSS Formula Americas 2020 and VRC Formula NA 2021 and has shown to be safe and competitive.

Modeling by ben32star and PaquitoCR. AI by...

Read more about this resource...

The track is excellent and very entertaining. What has happened to me with several different cars is that when I run a race on the first lap they go to the pits and don't come out again.

Hi,
inside the track folder there are 2 KN5 files (buildings.kn5 and detroit_2023.kn5), but there isn't a model.ini to load both files.
Is it buildings.kn5 a leftover?

wakamatospecial78 updated Detroit Grand Prix 2023 with a new update entry:

Massive update

Huge update.
  • Paddock suites by PaquitoCR
  • Replay screen structures by PaquitoCR
  • Track sections by Fanapryde
  • Public art from Rainmaker's Detroit 1988
  • Paddock semis from LilSki
  • Animated flags on grandstands
  • Updated branding on buildings near paddock
  • Alternate layout with 40 pitboxes
  • Updated brake markers
  • Improved shaders
  • Improved road texture
  • Generic buildings for density
  • More/updated trees...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi guys, just tried to downlaod the new update... Windows Defender flagged the file as a Trojan...

Edit: this has never happened with other mods I've downloaded so Defender can't be the issue unless it's a false negative.

Edit 2: just read some other replies... I guess I'll trust it lol

Last edited:
i have the following error rows while loading the track, both using Content Manager or ac.exe.

"AC\inireader.cpp (253): INIReader::getfloat
AC\surfacemanager.cpp (63): Surfacemanager::loadSurfaceDefinitions
AC\surfacemanager.cpp (29): Surfacemanager::Surfacemanager
AC\trackavatar.cpp (47): trackavatar::trackavatar
AC\sim.cpp (1066): Sim:: loadtrack
AC\racemanager.cpp (351): racemanager::initOffline
AC\racemanager.cpp (174): racemanager::loadSessions
AC\sim.cpp (320): Sim::Sim
AC\splashscreen.cpp (319): splashscreen::postRender
AC\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle"

No Errors loading version 1.0 of this track.
Any Suggest?

i have the following error rows while loading the track, both using Content Manager or ac.exe.

"AC\inireader.cpp (253): INIReader::getfloat
AC\surfacemanager.cpp (63): Surfacemanager::loadSurfaceDefinitions
AC\surfacemanager.cpp (29): Surfacemanager::Surfacemanager
AC\trackavatar.cpp (47): trackavatar::trackavatar
AC\sim.cpp (1066): Sim:: loadtrack
AC\racemanager.cpp (351): racemanager::initOffline
AC\racemanager.cpp (174): racemanager::loadSessions
AC\sim.cpp (320): Sim::Sim
AC\splashscreen.cpp (319): splashscreen::postRender
AC\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle"

No Errors loading version 1.0 of this track.
Any Suggest?
My only guess at this time is to remove the last two lines of surfaces.ini.

[_SCRIPTING_PHYSICS]
ALLOW_APPS=1

I had that issue once when trying to start the track offline from the hotlap start. Car was falling through the ground. 1st time it crashed the game, 2nd time I clicked back to pits as it started and it worked fine. Then started a practice session from the pits and it worked fine.

From my experience it seems like something to do with the hotlap start point perhaps?

Great track otherwise!

My only guess at this time is to remove the last two lines of surfaces.ini.

[_SCRIPTING_PHYSICS]
ALLOW_APPS=1
Tried you tip, no progress...the errors.log file say:
INIReader: content/cars/rss_formula_americas_2020/data/proview_nodes.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [NODES] ____60 rear
INIReader: content/cars/rss_formula_americas_2020/data/proview_nodes.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [NODES] ____60 front
INIReader: content/cars/rss_formula_americas_2020/data/proview_nodes.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [NODES] ____floor_ad
INIReader: content/cars/rss_formula_americas_2020/data/proview_nodes.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [NODES] ____60 rear
INIReader: content/cars/rss_formula_americas_2020/data/proview_nodes.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [NODES] ____60 front
INIReader: content/cars/rss_formula_americas_2020/data/proview_nodes.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [NODES] ____floor_ad.001
INIReader: content/cars/rss_formula_americas_2020/data/proview_nodes.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [NODES] ____floor_ad
INIReader: content/cars/rss_formula_americas_2020/data/proview_nodes.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [NODES] ____turns.001
INIReader: content/cars/rss_formula_americas_2020/data/proview_nodes.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [NODES] ____turns.
I use this car on many other tracks, even the 1.0 version of Detroit. On version 2.0 the game crah even with KS original cars, eg. Lotus

Tried you tip, no progress...the errors.log file say:
INIReader: content/cars/rss_formula_americas_2020/data/proview_nodes.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [NODES] ____floor_ad.001
INIReader: content/cars/rss_formula_americas_2020/data/proview_nodes.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [NODES] ____turns.001
INIReader: content/cars/rss_formula_americas_2020/data/proview_nodes.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [NODES] ____turns.
I use this car on many other tracks, even the 1.0 version of Detroit. On version 2.0 the game crah even with KS original cars, eg. Lotus
Tried using the same car (I see it's the 2023 skinpack I made with extensions) but I'm not able to replicate the error. Maybe try deleting the track, then reinstalling manually (as opposed to via Content Manager)?

Other than that, maybe try disabling individual elements of the track in models.ini to see if any particular element is causing an issue.

Tried using the same car (I see it's the 2023 skinpack I made with extensions) but I'm not able to replicate the error. Maybe try deleting the track, then reinstalling manually (as opposed to via Content Manager)?

Other than that, maybe try disabling individual elements of the track in models.ini to see if any particular element is causing an issue.
tx mate, i'm wondering why other users have no problem with rel. 2.0. I have crashes even with ac.exe, not only with CM (last version). i'll indagate still...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.