AMS2 Caterham Supersport @ Jacarepagua Short, Thursday 21st March

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

GeekyDeaks

Staff
Premium
ss200437-jpg.655366

This Thursday we are taking the Caterham around the short but sweet layout of the Jacarepagua circuit, which was the final part of the track still operating before even that was demolished to make way for the 2016 Olympics.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #2 Thursday Fun
Server Password: PM will be sent on sign up
Server Settings: X1 fuel, X1 tyre wear
Assists: Factory Defaults
Track: Jacarepagua Short
Cars: Caterham Supersport

Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Time Table

DurationUTCGMTCET
Practice30 mins19:0019:0020:00
Qualifying15 mins19:3019:3020:30
Race 125 mins19:5019:5020:50
Qualifying / Break5 mins20:2020:2021:20
Race 225 mins20:3020:3021:30

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Entry List

1. GeekyDeaks
  2. CK1249
  3. The Almighty Snark
  4. Kees Veenstra
  5. Kek700
  6. max1966i
  7. Redvaliant
  8. Axel Moebius
  9. Free Spot
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot

Last edited:
I am in! Looking forward to it.
I'm in! Perhaps only for race 1 if I am too tired!
Welcome chaps! Sorry for not being able to run anything this week, been a bit busy with work. Hoping to run these for a few weeks if there is enough interest. If you have any suggestions on other tracks you'd like to blast around, feel free to let me know....

i will have a go at this one, easy for a novice ams2, may need some help getting onto discord, think i have that, but some info to find race on line.
Welcome Ernie!

I'll knock up some quick hints after work. I think there were also some slight setup tweaks we found helped tame these things, but that was before all the physics updates so I need to check if they are still relevant or not.

i will have a go at this one, easy for a novice ams2, may need some help getting onto discord, think i have that, but some info to find race on line.
Sorry Ernie, I wasn't able to get on to test properly, but it seems the default setup of these has improved a lot since we last raced.

If you are struggling to get on discord, please let us know.

Ha Ha that was a baptism of fire, you would think I should have know better, Ironically the easiest to drive are more often than not, are not the easiest to get any pace from.
I did a small bit of practice and thought they seem easy to drive, wrong.:roflmao::roflmao:
It did not help with a small field of quick drivers and me.:O_o:
After sitting in with Axel in the first race, ( my AMS2 occasionally dumps out of the sim )
Next race I was over 2 seconds quicker and could mostly see were the other second or so was going,
Learnt a lot , thanks guys.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 16 57.1%