F1 2018 Anyone Put Together an AI Difficulty Adjustment For Each Track?

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)
At Canada in my career. 50% Races, No Assists, Cockpit View, Wheel & Pedals on PC. Im sure Ive gotten faster with the game over the first few races, but so far I found:

Australia - This was the baseline track I set the AI for my career initially at 94

Bahrain - AI seemed a bit fast in both qual and race and PP were somewhat difficult at 94

China - AI seemed slower here, but it rained in the race and AI are faster than me in the wet 94

Azerbaijan - AI are fast here, similar to Bahrain. Also Qual was wet for me 94

Spain - Changed AI to 92. AI were slower here or because its a classic circuit I finished 5th in Haas so slightly slow at 92

Monaco - AI were ok in quali, but this track in general sucks with getting stuck in a train so id say it doesn't even count

Canada - AI were increased to 93. They are slow here at least in quali, im on pole in Haas like 1.5 seconds faster than teammate. Im finding that race pace is generally better than quali pace so we'll see how race goes, but this one needs to go up to 97-100 probably.

Anyone put together a full season with system to adjust for each track? I know the method of using a classic car and SPEC testing in qual to find your speed. Im going to keep messing with that and try to determine a better setting for season 2. Then I'd like to be able to adjust slightly for certain tracks based on how slow/fast they are.

Last edited:
Sorry to be late to the party, but may I revive this thread because I actually just did that?

My method was adding a percentage differential to the time of an arbitrary high position of the TT leaderboards (the same position for every track, but not the very top times to avoid the results being skewed by some random aliens), then I found the difficulty on every track that would make the AI post a pole time in short quali, clear, midday, exactly in the same tenth as my result.

I did this using the leaderboards since they are the most controlled environment. My PB's were not good for this because there are tracks where I'm horrible and in others I'm decent, and I wanted the AI to be objectively consistent, not dumbed down by my own lack of talent.

Australia's AI is your baseline difficulty. If I say "-1" for a track, AI is a bit fast and you should decrease one point of difficulty on it, if I say "+5", AI is quite slow and you should add five points. If I say "0", use the same difficulty as in Melbourne.

Australia: 0
Bahrain: -5
China: +3
Azerbaijan: -6
Spain: +3
Monaco: 0
Canada: -1 if you don't cut corners, but I know you do
France: 0
Austria: +9, really
Britain: -3
Germany: +3
Hungary: -2
Belgium: -1
Italy: 0
Singapore: -1
Russia: -4
Japan: +2
USA: -3
Mexico: +1
Brazil: +1
Abu Dhabi: -5

Thanks for doing this, I only drove up to Britain and so far more or less I agree. :thumbsup: Took pole and a win with Sauber in Austria, other then that usually in low points with crash from Ric in Monaco and less stops 2nd places in China and France.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 530 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 329 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 351 45.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 175 22.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 206 26.6%
Back