AC - I don't understand the hype!

Last edited:
What the heck country are you in where the school is changing languages like that?
We've got three official languages here. Unlike Switzerland, Italy and Belgium - where you also have several languages - Luxembourg is not split into language regions. All three languages exist throughout the whole country and mix a lot. It is not unusual for a newspaper article to have the title in Luxembourgish, the text in German and then quotes in French.

The first 6 years in school the kids are taught in Luxembourgish, but writing and reading is in German. Then during 3 years 50% of the subjects are taught in German and 50% are taught in French. The last 4 years all topics are taught in French. You really have to know all three languages if you want to fully integrate in the society. English is taught from the age of 13.

what language do the voices in your head speak to you in? LOL, joking, but do you have to flip from thinking in German or French & then type in English on a German keyboard?
Hmm, tricky question. I'm Swedish and my wife is Croatian, so we mix a lot of languages at home. My wife speaks Croatian to the kids, I speak Swedish with them and between themselves the kids always speak Luxembourgish, which they consider their native language. For reading they prefer German though.

English is the corporate language in most places here, so in my case I am thinking mostly in English and Swedish, I think...I never actually thought about it that way. I'm using a Swedish keyboard, but in the bottom right corner I change between English, German, French and Swedish depending on what language I'm typing in. Confusing, I know...

Last edited:
No probs but be warned they not cheap :coffee:

Thanks, that was FUN! I configured it with most of the premium parts for a price check...

$5K USD is out of my price range!

1715260194343.png

1715260306884.png

...puzzled that it is letting you build a machine with...
HA! You made me go learn stuff! I haven't shopped for parts since 2021 - I just picked the max item in each box (my next build will be year 2030 because my next upgrades will be a PSU for the 4090 (up from my 3070), then a faster monitor.

I didn't do a deep dive, but DDR5-5200 is compatible (maybe even overclockable) w/ that CPU, but low-latency DDR5-6000 does show % gains in some gaming benchmarks - https://www.techspot.com/review/2635-ryzen-7950x3d-memory-scaling/

That mobo supports overclocking RAM w/ AMD EXPO tech, but I'm done overclocking, I'll just buy the fastest 128GB DDR5 when I win the lotto!

Supports AMD EXTended Profiles for Overclocking (EXPO)
7600+(OC)/ 7200(OC)/ 7000(OC)/ 6800(OC)/ 6600(OC)/ 6400(OC)/ 6200(OC)/ 6000(OC)/ 5800(OC)/ 5600(OC)/ 5400(OC)/ 5200/ 5000/ 4800 ECC & Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory*

Last edited:
That mobo supports overclocking RAM w/ AMD EXPO tech, but I'm done overclocking, I'll just buy the fastest 128GB DDR5 when I win the lotto!
I wouldn't call EXPO and XMP "Overclocking". It's just that RAM sticks very A LOT in their maximum stable speed/timings and only the JEDEC standard gets 100% guaranteed to run flawlessly.
So the RAM manufacturers test their sticks in a "quick & dirty" to sort them, but a lot of sticks can do way more, than their profiles and some sticks can't really run their profiles.

The current sweetspot for AMD 7xxx is 6000 CL30 RAM.
Even if you buy the most expensive sticks, the CPU controller can't really go beyond 6200 in 1:1 mode without raising the voltage a bit too high to feel comfortable.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 76 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 54 20.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 32 12.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 17 6.5%