rcj720.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Password: click here

Class: Abarth 1000 **
Track: Nürburgring Müllenbach
Weather: Dry

Practice: 19:30 GMT 30 minutes
Qualification: 20:00 GMT 20 minutes

Race: 20:20 GMT - 60 laps (approx 60 mins) (partly in the dark)

Notes:
1 mandatory pitstop + bring some headlights :)

** We are using a special skin pack for this event to brighten it up a bit.
Please note: All racers must install this skinpack to race, if not, some people will not be able to enter the server.
Full details about the skin pack are here:

http://forum.racedepartment.com/203930-post51.html

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Actually having fun racing! It was good. I was being very gentlemanly because I went backwards pretty quickly off the start, so didn't really have a choice! The car was a handful and I think I suffered from a poor setup.

And then it all got a little too stupid & childish for me so I backed out. It appears changing line to block someone a lap down, then rejoining the racing line isn't good enough for some people (Bram). Oh well - apologies anyway, although not sure why. Maybe I won't bother next time.

And yeah, I've checked the replay and the move was fine. Wasn't weaving, wasn't doing anything I shouldn't. So being threatened with being "rammed" off the track I think is a little off. :pissed-off: Maybe you should be a little more patient next time?

(sorry paul: in our RD rules we copied the exact FIA rules if i am correct: you can change a line once when you defend. that means if you move to the right you have to stay there.

If that's the case, my apologies - I wasn't aware - nobody else seems to follow that rule so I assumed that was how things were. You can block, then you can rejoin the racing line. I'll swot up immediately!

was so looking forward to this race, and ended in missery... due to holiday no time to practice at all but managed nice top 10 place in qualy...
race (first stint) went super, managed to overtake a lot of racers and ended up in 5th position untill a backmarker spun and instead of staying on his place after a spin he drove backwards into the line that i was racing (collision: heavy damage) and resulted in a 124 sec pitstop that ruled me out for the race.
Coming back after the pit i tried to overtake again and got blocked several times (sorry paul: in our RD rules we copied the exact FIA rules if i am correct: you can change a line once when you defend. that means if you move to the right you have to stay there. blocking is dangerous).
Escaped the race because my fun was over. Really hope we can do Abarth's again tho, great cars
SORRY M8 THAT BACKMARKER WAS ME once again very sorry

Thanks for the race people.
Sorry to any people lapping me if i took a few laps to move asside, didnt realise there wasnt blue flags in GTL, so had to quickly look at pit board when crossing line to see if car behind time was less then 2 seconds!

Also sorry to person i rear ended on 1st corner, but hopefully it looked like you didnt have any damage or loose any places.

I`m absolutly gutted.............earlyer this evening i noticed my router reset it self about 3 times, but as it seems to do this around tea every few days i just hopped it stayed on for the race. but alas nooooooooooooo. i was having a great race but around lap 40 all the cars disapperd and my internet was down :crying::crying:

Great race!

Started from 3rd (still can't believe), got the start not really well, 2 guys passed me. After that I had done some great battles, I was 8th chasing Matt before I gone in to pits. There I spent 2 minutes:( I think the small suspension damage caused it what I got from a little hit on the wall. (and forgot to uncheck repairing it) After that all of the race was a great chase! Had hard time unlapping myself. By the end of the race I saw Marty ahead, and by the time last lap came I was watching his engine! Then I made a mistake (took 1st gear instead of 2nd) in the tight corner after pit entry, and lost it. I became 12th! It could be better if it was lasted longer, night was coming close:)

Thanks for this great event Bram!:) These cars are really great to race!

Great qually ! could start from 2nd place so very happy :)
Lost a place but still going well, Then a lot of moments that ppl dont check there position on track ! If your 19th then you need to let # 1,2 and 3 enz pass ! Not block .
Then 6 laps before finish my pc crashed :(
Good race bad mirror use .( for some)
Cya !

Well, that was a proper hoot :good:

Quallied 6th (better than expected) finished 6th (ditto)

That makes it sound a bit boring but it wasn't, I promise. Sliding those little chaps around the Mullerrice was a fantastic wheeze, thanks to everyone who set it up.

I think we get a bit spoilt in Evo with all the flags and the grip and everything, so sometimes lapping and being lapped can be a touch confusing and dicey in GTL by comparison.

But -this was properly good racing, and I'm looking forward to the next event already.

I don't think it'll be diddy machine round a short track next time, somehow :D

Well that was interesting. Had fun 2nd half of race. At start I hit automatic gear instead of clutch and could not find the button to go back to manual shift in race until lap 26 when I pulled over to find it. The unexpected downshifts on auto shift made me spin like 5 timess. Im an idiot at times!

Once I got back on manual It was more fun. Tryed to stay out of leaders way and that was difficult to keep up with at times. Ended up in 10th which was better than my driving. Had good fights with Warren and Dave but they were both faster. All in all fun race. Marty

Great race!

Started from 3rd (still can't believe), got the start not really well, 2 guys passed me. After that I had done some great battles, I was 8th chasing Matt before I gone in to pits. There I spent 2 minutes:( I think the small suspension damage caused it what I got from a little hit on the wall. (and forgot to uncheck repairing it) After that all of the race was a great chase! Had hard time unlapping myself. By the end of the race I saw Marty ahead, and by the time last lap came I was watching his engine! Then I made a mistake (took 1st gear instead of 2nd) in the tight corner after pit entry, and lost it. I became 12th! It could be better if it was lasted longer, night was coming close:)

Thanks for this great event Bram!:) These cars are really great to race!

Ya Peter I saw you and figured I would loose that spot considering you lapped me in the first half of the race. Thanks for your mistake. Marty

Good race :clap:

I have very good start, I gained two positions I think, but then I little messed up at the end of first lap and loose two or positions :)

At first part of the race I have good battle with Patrick but he outbrakes himself when I was trying to pass him and then I have rather lonely race only fighting sometimes with backmarkers and finished second :dance2:

• Matt Crouch

Had a good race.. Was surprised to qualify in the top 10 with a 0:50.0. As this was my first ever GTL race I realised I hadn't actually done a start before, wasn't even sure if it was going to do 3..2..1 :D, but I got off the grid pretty well.

I think it was me you bumped at T1 David, but not a problem, didn't have any damage (although I have no idea how you actually tell in GTL :D). Spent most of the first half behind Stuart, also near Péter and Henrik with a few pretty close laps behind stuart up until he pitted (at which point I nearly managed to go straight on into the grass... :vofl: ). Pitted a couple of laps later from 3rd place and again realised I had no idea how to use the pit menu. Just pressed enter and hoped and I came out with all my wheels changed in 5th (I think) place.
Spent the rest of the race there (moved up into 4th at some point). Remarkably I never even got to find out if GTL has blue flags as I somehow finished on the same lap in 4th place. I didn't envy the people being lapped, specially as there are no blue flags. I know at least one person didn't notice, but apologised afterwards :)

Shame there weren't a few more people to finish, although I think the track would have been a bit toooo crowded with the full complement. All in all jolly good. Thanks everyone, special thanks to Stuart for the skins (go team bic :thumb:) and Amir for the setup (took about a second off my time I reckon) :D. Good experience for a first GTL event

• Jerome Benard

Thanks for that event :clap:, i take a lot of fun but the start was not good for me. :clap:

I'm the number 8 blue and red

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
:rofl:

I bail out after a lap or 15 ,my Comp. was not able to handle this. get freezes all the time not have fun anymore (sitting in the way of the rest).

But it was Fantastic to see all the Nice Abarth's driving in the dark,

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering