9 GRAN PREMIO DE INTERLAGOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I even know now. Its not based on the real weather at Interlagos.
But on the climate where the country lies. :)
I believe Xose told that alot of times. :)

I know that Ivo :) , point is that it should be close to the actual weather. Thats why i wonder why its 10°C hotter.
It is set June in Zhuhai ?? No idea how that relates to December in Interlagos.

10°C hotter changes everything in strategies.

lol, no post yet ... let me tell you it was a great race to watch I especially loved the fight for pos. 6-11, you guys were really close and I saw some great racing there. Thx Xose and David for another flawlessly organized event, cu all at Hamilton ina week.

what a great race :) when I heard the news, that we received a penalty for not allocating the drivers, I was a bit sad. but then I thought "at least I've nothing to lose"

as I only had some 50 minutes or 1 hour of practice and for that reason not really a good but at least stable setup, i decided to take the risk and use soft tyres and make a 2-stop-strategy. I also set my aero to low downforce in order to get past the opponents fast. that worked out pretty well, but of course there was also some really hard fought fights. I really enjoyed that :) but I was concerned about my tyres and was wondering if they would just go off from one lap to another. but they were pretty good despite of the hard fights and so the old soft tyres were as fast as old hard tyres (or even still faster), so I could keep a good pace until the pit stops got underway. at the first stop I only took some new tyres and went out again. again there were some good fights and really fair - hat off for that!

in my last stint I have to apologize for a misunderstanding at the pit entry... I was behind someone else coming out of the last corner and he covered the inside line. I thought he was going to fight for his position and drove around the outside - until I remembered a nasty crash in my virtual Touring Cars career :D and slotted back in behind the other driver. he then braked for the pit entry and I ran into his back... he could just gather it together, but it was a shocking moment for sure, so - sorry for that...

then I backed off a bit just to make sure the engine and tyres would hold on and finished third :) from the back of this pretty high-class grid way more than I could expect and so I'm absolutely over the moon :) in the end I was lucky, seeing Marcin stopping again just before the final laps and making some progress from other, earlier incidents of potential podium-finishers, but... to finish first, you have to finish first and so I inherited a lucky podium spot!

Miserable race. I'm pretty sure I had the WORST setup out of all the 22 starters. Didn't have much time for practice, and without a doubt it showed. Qualied 17th for Pete's sake... Then I hit 2 cars trying some bad overtakes. Then got a stop and go for speeding. Plus some spins. Pulled out after having trouble serving my penaulty. Still annoyed about this race. I can't believe my setup was that bad. But hey, that's what happens when your team is MIA... >.>

Wasn't one of my best preparation before a race. Wasn't really in a mood for this.
Well, qualified in 13th, that was a surprise.
Lost a few places due to own mistakes in the beginning but kept on going in a comfortable slow pace :)
Don't know what happened at the end when I came closer and closer to Mikko in 2nd, while I was in 13th. I had it under control Mikko, you seemed to be a bit nervous when you realized I actually was lapped by you? Thanks for letting me pass but it was a too big gap up to 12th. Ended in an unexpected 13th.

the race last night was very exciting, many fights at all levels.
For COR team was a great race with Marco, our fastest driver in this moment, able to bring the first victory for our team, and with Nicola that despite suffering a lot of lags has managed to bring home valuable points.
grats to the podium and thanks to STC org for the broadcast and comment.

My qualifying was awful as I didn't find any grip...no idea why but my front end just understeered everywhere and my expected 27's changed to 1.28.9... a poor effort but still P5 luckily.

As the race started Risto from the club team let my pass into T4 and I was able to catch Rami immediately. I followed him close for a lap and then got a great slipstream into the front straight. As we came onto the pit straight I came off his slipstream and took the left side. Then suddenly Rami switched his line and put me into the pit wall. I still outbraked him into T1 but he got me in exit again....in the following T2/3 I got a slipstream again and outbraked him into T4. I had the inside into the corner and I was committed to taking the extreme left to give Rami enough room in exit but he turned in, hit me and spun.

After this I took a couple of laps to catch Marcin and Marco. I couldn't get a good tow from Marco because he always had Marcin's tow. :) So I waited for them to battle it out and surely enough an opening came a few laps later in the final turn. At that moment me and Marco both passed Marcin. The 2 of us then continued to drive away from everybody else. After a few more laps I started to have some tire wear problems and could not keep up with Marco.

I pitted early and gained a few secs on Marco but again later on the stint my tires went and his didn't so I lost a few more secs. I pitted first again but could not pass him while he pitted. At that point we had the same fuel and new tires so after I was caught in a bit of traffic and lost some more time I decided to take it easy and secure P2...as there was nobody behind that was a threat I took it really easy.

A huge congratulation to Marco on an awesome drive and a great victory. Very well done!
An almost as big a congratulation to Michael for an insane recovery from the back!

And Mikael, Yes I was a bit nervous because I saw you had good speed on new tires and I was driving solo securing P2...and you were right up my arse so I just didn't want anything to happen. And after I tried to let you pass on the front straight and you didn't go for it I was confused as well. :confused: :) Then I decided to brake enough so you'd have to pass me and you did so in the end no problemos.

One of the best STC races to watch...although me and Ross were watching together...well on chat at least...we kept it civil, but hearts were beating and the racing was intense...dont think I can remember a race like this before.

This was not a great race for me, but perfect for our team.
To be honest, i knew Marco could do something like, not sure but i know how fast he is.
I tought to be in p5, but i didn managed to do so.
During qualify i made some mistakes and i lost too much time (the next lap i was 0.6 seconds faster...) so i started 4-5 position back than i hope.
I started slowly in order to avoid contacts and to understand how the people in front of me were driving. At lap 10 i started to have some lag, which i didn see in qualy and practice. I saw cogotti jumping around, i brake but my pc thought i hit him, so i went in grass and i lost time, and also positions (4-5) then for next 10 laps i was worried about other lags, but none so big came. After first pit another set of lag for me, so i waited and didnt pass anyone. After some laps, when i got behind Ian, lag started to go away, so i can try to pass him (very hard to do, every millimeter was closed by him!), after some laps i managed to pass him, but had 8seconds to johanson. Last three laps i got 5 seconds and be at 2 from johanson at the last lap.
if i had 4-5 laps more, probably can pass him
Anyway, bad race for me but great for the team, so it's good! Congrats to all, and thanks for the amazing race and league!

Grats to the podium places.

Quali Made 2 little mistakes, one sliding out of the last corner, which cost me severely. 7th place

Race Once again a very difficult race, and my Doran looked like it had been through a crusher by the end of the race. I got a little tap from Ben (I think) into T1 L1 which gave my car slight rear aero damage which meant was slightly slower in a straight line, as was running quite low wing settings. Had a good fight with him for a few laps, but could not close enough to make a pass. After the first round of stops was upto 5th place and had a recovering Rami behind me. I managed to keep him at bay for about 7 laps, as the RPM cars must have had high wing settings so was able to pull away on the straights. Then mid part through the stint, I slid the back out of T1 which left a gap for Rami. We were slide by side through the fast left hander, and he knocked me off the track making me spin. After watching the replay, his car was on the curb and had oversteer which is why I was sent spinning. 2 thirds through, Mike came on TS and said for me to pit slightly earlier as could have a free track. I did, and was able to put in my quickest laps, but on my 3rd flying lap, Andreas lost his car in front, and I thought it was going to stay wide on the curbs, but it came right in front of me and I t-boned him very very hard. That was the cause of my major front end damage (@ Eckhart, thanks for saying on the replay that that’s not what a Doran is supposed to look like……think Mr Simian will be annoyed at me for damage I did to his paint job..lol) and after that I was constantly fighting the car, especially on the brakes. Was also a good 9 or 10 mph down top end. I had a couple good battles near the end of the race and a couple more taps as I was so slow in the infield section, and had an 11th place finish.

Thanks as always to STC.

One of the best STC races to watch...although me and Ross were watching together...well on chat at least...we kept it civil, but hearts were beating and the racing was intense...dont think I can remember a race like this before.

Nice post Mike. I had the same sensation during the race, and I would say during the whole seasson. One to remember... and we will keep on improving. :tongue:

I am so excited right now because last round will have FOR and RPM fighting side by side for the tittle. I guess both teams will have to pick there fastest drivers and will practice 10 times more the usual to just to win the tittle.

STC have really become more spectaculer then before. :D

Thanks for your words Georgios. I guess it is the format combined with the cars that is making the champ really awesome. Apart of the fight for the lead, there is a very nice fight aswell for the rest of the spots on the standings.

Time for my race report then :)

I quallied with a PB but was still down n 18th. Then I had some nice fights with the guys around me but after a few laps I found my self last, losing a tenth or two a lap. Decided to pit a ltlle earlier then the others and that was a good choice, didn't gain that many positinos (only one or two) but I gained quite alot of time. Then some people discoed and/or crashed and I was last again although a few places higher up. I suffered badly from understeer throughout the stints and the last 10 mins in each I had really bad tyres. I had a scary moment coming out of turn 10 when being trailed by Iain and Hugo I think. Got on the throttle too hard with worn tyres and spun and sort of boardslided the edge on the track for a few meters and then suddenly I gained grip and was out on the racing line again, resulting in Iain hitting me. Had a huge dent in my right side after that but the car was already bad so didn't really matter :) I then cruied the last minutes to the line as I was dead last and Risto who was the guy infront had even lapped me. I finished 16th. Not my best race by far but still, I brought home some points if very few.

Grats to Marco and Cors Online, supperb win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes